- Thu 8/4, 7.20SYD
- Fri 9/4, 7.50PTA
- Sat 10/4, 1.35WBD
- Sat 10/4, 4.35STK
- Sat 10/4, 7.25GC
- Sat 10/4, 7.25COL
- Sun 11/4, 1.10NM
- Sun 11/4, 3.20MEL
- Sun 11/4, 4.40FRE
- Thu 15/4, 7.20STK
- Fri 16/4, 8.10WCE
- Sat 17/4, 1.45WBD
- Sat 17/4, 4.35SYD
- Sat 17/4, 7.25CAR
- Sat 17/4, 7.25BRI
- Sun 18/4, 1.10ADE
- Sun 18/4, 3.20HAW
- Sun 18/4, 4.40GEE
Forum roundup: Desperate Danners
- Updated: April 27, 2007
Neale Daniher must have had a good cry at the Demons selection table this week if you listen to the fans, because all he had to pick from was a bunch of kids and wounded no-hopers. A bit like the Victorian Liberal Party selecting a new leader, in fact. Over at Demonology the wailing and moaning is long and loud, with only a few fans choosing to concentrate on the positives of playing youngsters Ricky Petterd and Colin Garland. Like last week, pessimism abounds about the fitness of Brent Moloney, with the additional worry this week about Nathan D. Brown‘s loosely-defined injury. Clint Bizzell and Daniel Ward sound like they’re decent chances to be late ins. Elsewhere:
– Dean Cox is under an injury cloud and Mark LeCras is the man who would replace him as he’s the only Eagle emergency who made the flight to Melbourne, according to EaglesFlyingHigh. This is despite Chad Fletcher being named as first emergency.
– Some Power fans at The Power From Port go so far as to guarantee that Dean Brogan won’t play, which is fabulous news for Brendon Lade owners. Daniel Motlop and Shane Wakelin are also very iffy, with Danyle Pearce and Steven Salopek rated as 50/50 chances.
– Amon Buchanan is generally thought to be a certain late scratching for the Swans according to Red & White Online, to be replaced by Jarred Moore.
– The fine fellows at Dockerland think Cook, Collard and Warnock won’t make the cut for the Dockers. Michael Johnson will be the player that fantasy coaches will be eying off at centre half back.
– The Searching Kangaroo thinks Leigh Adams will win the 22nd spot for the Roos, which will leave Brad Moran, David Trotter and Jesse W. Smith out.
– Tiger fans are known for eating their own and with an 0-4 record, 16th position and facing the Eagles this week, the heat is on. Punt Road End turns the blowtorch on Daniel Jackson and Cleve Hughes, with many fans savaging the decision to drop Patrick Bowden and Dean Polo… and not Andrew Krakouer or Kayne Pettifer. Perennial VFL standout Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls is another name getting mentioned a lot, both in the media and by the fans.
– Over at Saintsational the expected late change for St Kilda is Barry Brooks out, Michael Rix in.
– Blues fans at TalkingCarlton are happy that Ryan Jackson was picked after showing good form in the VFL for Coburg. Other Carlton fringe players are not looking as likely to force their way in.