SORT IT OUT OFF FIELD (Adelaide's 17/18 Off Season Mega Thread)

Started by tbagrocks, October 06, 2017, 09:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lachie_001

Quote from: Trindacut on October 12, 2017, 07:41:20 PM
Well either I'm looking at things objectively and am probably right or you're right and there is absolutely no cause for scrutiny or reflection on the failed 2017 premiership campaign.

We'll know early next year I guess.
Mate your clearly just trying to stir the pot here. You can’t have an objective outlook on something that’s completely subjective. There’s not textbook on how make post GF speeches, handle players leaving or speak with the media. I for one prefer players with personality and hope to see more of it. Yes Jenkins and Tex let themselves down GF day, but I don’t think JJ’s comments had any effect on his or the teams performance. Tex has every right to be up front with his teammates and be honest with the media. What’s convienient is the fact you’ve left out the part where Tex said he could not fault the commitment and passion Lever played with for his time at the club. There are always two sides to a story, and things are never as good or as bad as they seem. I plan to look forward to next season with plenty of optimism that we aren’t far off the ultimate success.

Trindacut

Quote from: lachie_001 on October 13, 2017, 12:41:03 AM
You can’t have an objective outlook on something that’s completely subjective.

Aahhh yes you can.

If I was stirring the pot I'd be going off the deep end with unreasonable baseless statements. Instead I'm stating my concerns and justifying my point of view with either quotes, results, trades, off-field incidents etc. Not rumor or innuendo, but I can assure you there is plenty of noise around how it all fell apart on GF day that isn't worth voicing here. Whether that is a reflection on the club culture and ethos remains to be seen, Adelaide still won 15 games (along with Richmond and Geelong) and had an otherwise solid year.

You don't have to look far to find a club where it all fell apart in just a couple of months. The doggies are in a shambles.

I'm my own club's harshest critic, and I encourage you to have a hard look inwards too instead screaming down anyone with something bad to say.

TomK

Quote from: Trindacut on October 13, 2017, 04:23:12 PM
I'm my own club's harshest critic, and I encourage you to have a hard look inwards too instead screaming down anyone with something bad to say.
It's not just something bad, it's rubbish claims.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Trindacut on October 13, 2017, 04:23:12 PM
Quote from: lachie_001 on October 13, 2017, 12:41:03 AM
You can’t have an objective outlook on something that’s completely subjective.

Aahhh yes you can.

If I was stirring the pot I'd be going off the deep end with unreasonable baseless statements. Instead I'm stating my concerns and justifying my point of view with either quotes, results, trades, off-field incidents etc. Not rumor or innuendo, but I can assure you there is plenty of noise around how it all fell apart on GF day that isn't worth voicing here. Whether that is a reflection on the club culture and ethos remains to be seen, Adelaide still won 15 games (along with Richmond and Geelong) and had an otherwise solid year.

You don't have to look far to find a club where it all fell apart in just a couple of months. The doggies are in a shambles.

You can't argue with crows fan m8

Gigantor

Trindacut, do you have an opinion on the versatility of Andy Otten?

TomK

Jay

Quote from: Gigantor on October 13, 2017, 09:08:07 PM
Trindacut, do you have an opinion on the versatility of Andy Otten?
Lmao. Would probably be able to tell you his wage too - knows everything that's going on inside the club it seems!

TomK

Jay

TomK

tbagrocks

Unsure about great just yet .....  We did lost two finals stars and brought in two old men.   

Where is Jack Trengove? ???

Where is Aaron Francis? ???    ::)  They have doged and moaned about so called "Go home" Players yet, cannot bring in a top 20yr old talent wanting to come home? ???

Lastly, pick 12 = "IMO" Cam Colman-Jones and that would make me ;D

TomK

Stoked with every move we made, got very good deals for two players who wanted to leave, I'm very comfortable with the deal for Gibbs, Gibson will be very good depth, and our position for next year's draft is very strong now which is great with a lot of highly rated SA boys.

12, 39, and 77 for this year's draft, hopefully we can pick up Fogarty with 12, 39 potentially used on Jackson Edwards and 77 probably used to upgrade Greenwood. Keath probably upgraded before the season when we place Brodie on the LTI list as well.

Senior list changes:

In: Gibbs, Gibson, Pick 12, Pick 39, Pick 77 (Greenwood)

Out: Thommo, Lever, Wigg, Cameron, Menzel, Gore

That leaves us with 38 (I think) on the senior list, which is the minimum (I think).

This is what I'm thinking our 22 is atm:

Brown, Talia, Doedee
Laird, Hartigan, Kelly
Atkins, Sloane, BCrouch
Gallucci, Walker, Lynch
Betts, Jenkins, McGovern
Jacobs, MCrouch, Gibbs
Douglas, Greenwood, 2 of Knight/Hampton/Seedsman/Milera

I'm very comfortable with Doedee and Gallucci replacing Lever and Cameron; I think where we'll hurt the most is the loss of Brodie cause this team still looks a little slow.

TomK

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 19, 2017, 07:31:19 PM
Unsure about great just yet .....  We did lost two finals stars and brought in two old men.   

Where is Jack Trengove? ???

Where is Aaron Francis? ???    ::)  They have doged and moaned about so called "Go home" Players yet, cannot bring in a top 20yr old talent wanting to come home? ???

Lastly, pick 12 = "IMO" Cam Colman-Jones and that would make me ;D
Trengove is slower than my great-grandmother.

I could imagine Essendon were asking for a very high price for Francis so I'm fine with letting him go, we could potentially get him cheaper next year anyway.

Just because they're SA boys doesn't mean they're superstars and we should get them, did you still wanna pick up Toumpas?

PowerBug

Quote from: TomK on October 19, 2017, 07:39:37 PM
Just because they're SA boys doesn't mean they're superstars and we should get them, did you still wanna pick up Toumpas?
After today's dealings you can have him for Pick 2 in the National Draft if you want :)

Trindacut

Quote from: TomK on October 19, 2017, 07:37:38 PM
Stoked with every move we made, got very good deals for two players who wanted to leave, I'm very comfortable with the deal for Gibbs, Gibson will be very good depth, and our position for next year's draft is very strong now which is great with a lot of highly rated SA boys.

12, 39, and 77 for this year's draft, hopefully we can pick up Fogarty with 12, 39 potentially used on Jackson Edwards and 77 probably used to upgrade Greenwood. Keath probably upgraded before the season when we place Brodie on the LTI list as well.

Senior list changes:

In: Gibbs, Gibson, Pick 12, Pick 39, Pick 77 (Greenwood)

Out: Thommo, Lever, Wigg, Cameron, Menzel, Gore

That leaves us with 38 (I think) on the senior list, which is the minimum (I think).

This is what I'm thinking our 22 is atm:

Brown, Talia, Doedee
Laird, Hartigan, Kelly
Atkins, Sloane, BCrouch
Gallucci, Walker, Lynch
Betts, Jenkins, McGovern
Jacobs, MCrouch, Gibbs
Douglas, Greenwood, 2 of Knight/Hampton/Seedsman/Milera

I'm very comfortable with Doedee and Gallucci replacing Lever and Cameron; I think where we'll hurt the most is the loss of Brodie cause this team still looks a little slow.

Any time you said you were comfortable with something, I would replace it was "That was pretty shower."

Gibbs is a 29 year old with inconsistencies out the wazoo. Half an effort tagging him and he's out of the game, and again at 29 he isn't going to be in the improve. 10 + 16 for him is a dead set heist by Carlton.

12 for Cameron is a heist by the crows though. He's maybe had four good games in his career. Better make it work before Sloane says he wants to "hold off on talks until the end of the year."

Gibson a good pickup for nothing too. At the very least he slots in for Smith while he's out next year and hopefully plays his role.

I give it a D+,  maybe a C if Gibbs manages a second good year in 2019.