SORT IT OUT OFF FIELD (Adelaide's 17/18 Off Season Mega Thread)

Started by tbagrocks, October 06, 2017, 09:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Quote from: Dudge on October 09, 2017, 07:27:25 PM
Not stirring $hit, and i realise people on Fanfooty are 10 times more footy knowledgeable than people on Bigfooty, but why in mid to late September, when Port were going to get Motlop, it was a stupid trade to do. Now, all of a sudden the Crows are after him, he's a great replacement for CC ?
Port already have the Motlop mould I'd think, Cameron leaving would restrict the Crows in a big way.

shaker

Walker still banging on about Lever I wonder if he has a pillow with Lever's face on it he punches himself to sleep with :P

Trindacut

Quote from: shaker on October 10, 2017, 02:38:26 PM
Walker still banging on about Lever I wonder if he has a pillow with Lever's face on it he punches himself to sleep with :P

It's getting a bit embaressing. Whole place looks like a shambles.

As if you don't release Cameron and Lever and get overs for them now?? They'll just leave next year and Adelaide will get nothing.

TomK

Quote from: Trindacut on October 11, 2017, 12:06:43 AM

As if you don't release Cameron and Lever and get overs for them now?? They'll just leave next year and Adelaide will get nothing.
lol

Jay

Maybe it does to you guys and the Melbourne media, but luckily that doesn't matter one bit. The club is standing firm trying to get the best possible deals, which they have every right to do especially after getting shafted so many times in the past.

The potshots at Tex and the Adelaide Footy Club are getting pretty ridiculous now. He's absolutely the right man for the job and I can't fault anything he has said since the disastrous day we don't talk about. There's nothing we could've done to keep Lever, and Cameron if we don't get the right deal we'll keep. Can't fault how we've acted so far, hopefully we can add Motlop and some elite talent through the draft.

Trindacut

Quote from: Jay on October 12, 2017, 12:56:22 AM

Maybe it does to you guys and the Melbourne media, but luckily that doesn't matter one bit. The club is standing firm trying to get the best possible deals, which they have every right to do especially after getting shafted so many times in the past.

The potshots at Tex and the Adelaide Footy Club are getting pretty ridiculous now. He's absolutely the right man for the job and I can't fault anything he has said since the disastrous day we don't talk about. There's nothing we could've done to keep Lever, and Cameron if we don't get the right deal we'll keep. Can't fault how we've acted so far, hopefully we can add Motlop and some elite talent through the draft.

At some point you'll wake up and realize that in the last few years there has been a lot of quality traffic exiting Adelaide, with Sloane no doubt going to give you a headache next year. And there are only a few players nominating Adelaide recently, even in the wake of a GF appearance.

If Tex wants to put himself out there with comments about choosing money over success (re: Lever), on the back of only their first GF appearance in 18 years, which they got flogged in, then he has no choice but to be held to scrutiny over those comments. And it's a one way street for him, don't see him shower talking players that have traded in to Adelaide. And I wouldn't write Melbourne off of a finals tilt next year, they just traded in a quality backman.

If success is measured by GF losses, then Zac Dawson should be a priority for Adelaide this coming draft.

TomK

Quote from: Trindacut on October 12, 2017, 02:16:27 PM

At some point you'll wake up and realize that in the last few years there has been a lot of quality traffic exiting Adelaide, with Sloane no doubt going to give you a headache next year. And there are only a few players nominating Adelaide recently, even in the wake of a GF appearance.

If Tex wants to put himself out there with comments about choosing money over success (re: Lever), on the back of only their first GF appearance in 18 years, which they got flogged in, then he has no choice but to be held to scrutiny over those comments. And it's a one way street for him, don't see him shower talking players that have traded in to Adelaide. And I wouldn't write Melbourne off of a finals tilt next year, they just traded in a quality backman.

If success is measured by GF losses, then Zac Dawson should be a priority for Adelaide this coming draft.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

lachie_001

Lol, you think Adelaide supporters don’t know the quality of players we’ve lost? All the vic media talk about our club is laughable, they’re running out of story’s and desperate to keep people such as yourself reading. We all know our club is in a strong position and will load up for another flag tilt next year.

Trindacut

Quote from: lachie_001 on October 12, 2017, 05:33:28 PM

Lol, you think Adelaide supporters don’t know the quality of players we’ve lost? All the vic media talk about our club is laughable, they’re running out of story’s and desperate to keep people such as yourself reading. We all know our club is in a strong position and will load up for another flag tilt next year.

But in all seriousness I pay little attention to the mainstream media on these things, opting to make my own mind up.

The sly smirks and overt cockiness leading up the GF indicates a side led by a bit too much arrogance. Hopefully being humbled like this teaches him a lesson in leadership, but given the pathetic four words he had for Tigers after the win, I rather doubt it.

TomK

Quote from: Trindacut on October 12, 2017, 05:41:52 PM

But in all seriousness I pay little attention to the mainstream media on these things, opting to make my own mind up.

The sly smirks and overt cockiness leading up the GF indicates a side led by a bit too much arrogance. Hopefully being humbled like this teaches him a lesson in leadership, but given the pathetic four words he had for Tigers after the win, I rather doubt it.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaha

wanna explain how we were 'cocky'? stop coming here to stir shower though and go away, ta.

Trindacut

Quote from: TomK on October 12, 2017, 06:36:55 PM

wanna explain how we were 'cocky'? stop coming here to stir shower though and go away, ta.

Sure thing mate, happy to explain.

"I pretty much said to him he's choosing money over success." - Tex Walker

“But if he marches into town with his Geelong teammates, there’d be nothing better than beating him and reminding him that perhaps he should have stuck around with us and he could be a Brownlow Medallist and a premiership player.” - Josh Jenkins

"And to Richmond... too good." - Tex Walker

He was certain the Crows would stomp Richmond, and seeing your reaction to their loss I imagine you felt the same way.

Richmond won just as many games in 2017 HA season, and Were just as good in the finals leading up to the GF. No one should have been cocky leading in to that game, but you just had the feeling Adelaide were certain they'd win.

Edit: And tell me to piss off again mate, makes you look like a sore loser just that much more. Should be able to have a civil discussion about whats going on without you one-eyed diehards crying like a child with a stubbed toe. Grow up.

TomK

Quote from: Trindacut on October 12, 2017, 07:13:08 PM
Quote from: TomK on October 12, 2017, 06:36:55 PM

Sure thing mate, happy to explain.

"I pretty much said to him he's choosing money over success." - Tex Walker

“But if he marches into town with his Geelong teammates, there’d be nothing better than beating him and reminding him that perhaps he should have stuck around with us and he could be a Brownlow Medallist and a premiership player.” - Josh Jenkins

"And to Richmond... too good." - Tex Walker

He was certain the Crows would stomp Richmond, and seeing your reaction to their loss I imagine you felt the same way.

Richmond won just as many games in 2017 HA season, and Were just as good in the finals leading up to the GF. No one should have been cocky leading in to that game, but you just had the feeling Adelaide were certain they'd win.
1. Is he not allowed to say what he thinks? It's not cocky, it's confidence that his team can have future success.

2. You do realise Patrick and Jenkins are very good mates, don't you? There was no malice, it was just a friendly sledge from one mate to another, play on. Also, key word in that quote is 'COULD'.

3. And you think Richmond weren't expecting to win? You think you're smart by assuming he was thinking we would 'stomp' you, I'd like to see any of you guys criticising him to be in his shoes after a grand final loss.

You're just putting words into everyone's mouth here by saying we thought we were certain to win, get over yourself and please, flower off.

Trindacut

Well either I'm looking at things objectively and am probably right or you're right and there is absolutely no cause for scrutiny or reflection on the failed 2017 premiership campaign.

We'll know early next year I guess.

TomK

Quote from: Trindacut on October 12, 2017, 07:41:20 PM
Well either I'm looking at things objectively and am probably right or you're right and there is absolutely no cause for scrutiny or reflection on the failed 2017 premiership campaign.

We'll know early next year I guess.
There's cause for scrutiny and reflection on the way we performed on the day, not about any off field stuff though because the media has tried to make a story out of nothing.