SORT IT OUT OFF FIELD (Adelaide's 17/18 Off Season Mega Thread)

Started by tbagrocks, October 06, 2017, 09:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trindacut

Quote from: Grazz on November 02, 2017, 10:12:32 PM
Quote from: shaker on October 22, 2017, 01:22:34 PM
Would I be right in saying that the Crows don't pay players huge individual contracts ala Dusty at the Tiges or Buddy or so on and that the pot is more evenly payed to players to a certain point ( I know young guys would not be included ) ? because if that is the case surely they know Sloane is going to be offered million dollar contracts next year to move home , do you think they will change and match those offers ? how do you think it will unfold ?

You would be 110% correct mate, it's an issue for us no denying it. It's an admirable stance to take but when you'll have quite a few clubs circling with big wads of cash ready to hand it over to Sloane for a signature we're going to have to think long and hard about wether this is actually working in the best interest for the club long term let alone the short term while in that window.
For me I can only see it going one way, we are going to have to write a decent sized cheque to keep him, will we have to match the best offer from another club I don't know. A lot of that depends on Rory and how happy he is to continue playing in SA away from family but it will have to be pretty close i'm thinking.

He’s unrestricted next year at 27, so I’d argue they need to straight up beat it in price, with a signature before September, because they won’t get an oppertunirty to match a rival if he wants to go.

Ricochet

Quote from: Trindacut on November 03, 2017, 06:22:33 AM
Would I be right in saying that the Crows don't pay players huge individual contracts ala Dusty at the Tiges or Buddy or so on and that the pot is more evenly payed to players to a certain point ( I know young guys would not be included ) ? because if that is the case surely they know Sloane is going to be offered million dollar contracts next year to move home , do you think they will change and match those offers ? how do you think it will unfold ?

You would be 110% correct mate, it's an issue for us no denying it. It's an admirable stance to take but when you'll have quite a few clubs circling with big wads of cash ready to hand it over to Sloane for a signature we're going to have to think long and hard about wether this is actually working in the best interest for the club long term let alone the short term while in that window.
For me I can only see it going one way, we are going to have to write a decent sized cheque to keep him, will we have to match the best offer from another club I don't know. A lot of that depends on Rory and how happy he is to continue playing in SA away from family but it will have to be pretty close i'm thinking.

He’s unrestricted next year at 27, so I’d argue they need to straight up beat it in price, with a signature before September, because they won’t get an oppertunirty to match a rival if he wants to go.
?? His agent will make Ade well aware of what his other offers are

shaker

Quote from: Grazz on November 03, 2017, 03:16:36 AM
Quote from: shaker on November 02, 2017, 10:55:21 PM

Yes mate he will stay if you pay  :P

C'mon don't spoil the dream for me mate.  :P
Ha ha don't think Sloane is anyway like Lever wanting to go home he would be happy to finish his career there pretty sure but reading that article one thing that was said was what is best for him and family which translates to dollars to me he is talking about so not paying large salaries to individuals or paying players more than the Captain is going to have to change or maybe the Captain will have to change  :P

tbagrocks

If Rory Sloane leaves next year i'll walk Rundle Mall naked!! If he leaves because his girlfriend works interstate, i'll personally punch him in the face, this wont happen though surely? Rory is a bigger man than that ???

Firstly, anyone else getting sick and tired of Adelaide's lack of PR skills? Im pissed off >:(  Why the frog didn't they sign Jack Trengove when they nabbed 31yr Gibson? ::)

Why cant Adelaide just flowering commit to Jack Edwards? Just flowering tell us all you WILL draft him and bluddy DO IT! Kids with his silk and class (Ala dad) Don't grow on trees! >:(

If these clowns let Jackson slip elsewhere I'm done! I'll be supporting the team where I was born next year! The Fitzroy Lions!

PowerBug

If you'll stop supporting your club because of what professionals do and don't do with their list management, having just come off a season where they made the Grand Final, I don't think the club will miss your support.

Not saying you have to agree with every move your club makes of course, but to stop supporting them?! As I said, the Crows won't notice you're gone.

Jay

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 03, 2017, 07:00:25 PM
If Rory Sloane leaves next year i'll walk Rundle Mall naked!! If he leaves because his girlfriend works interstate, i'll personally punch him in the face, this wont happen though surely? Rory is a bigger man than that ???

Firstly, anyone else getting sick and tired of Adelaide's lack of PR skills? Im pissed off >:(  Why the frog didn't they sign Jack Trengove when they nabbed 31yr Gibson? ::)

Why cant Adelaide just flowering commit to Jack Edwards? Just flowering tell us all you WILL draft him and bluddy DO IT! Kids with his silk and class (Ala dad) Don't grow on trees! >:(

If these clowns let Jackson slip elsewhere I'm done! I'll be supporting the team where I was born next year! The Fitzroy Lions!
1. I would guess that Sloane will stay, but as an unrestricted free agent you just never know - I've learnt to expect the worst with our out of contract players so until pen is put to paper I'll be nervous. He certainly wouldn't be the first player to move partly because his partner wants to!

2. Jack Trengrove isn't as good at football as Sam Gibson. He's too slow, not a threat up forward, doesn't use the ball when and his body is broken. Pass. Gibson is okay depth - will be reliable when we need him and can play a defensive role which we didn't have last season. Will set a great standard on the track, and as a captain of Box Hill should be a good leader around the club.

3. Is Edwards even a lock to be drafted? Why would we commit to using a NAT pick when we might be able to just rookie list him? Haven't heard much buzz about him ever since he trained with the Crows. Think we'll pick him up but don't let the father/son hype influence the decision too much - Ben Jarman certainly hasn't set the world on fire so far.

The sky isn't falling, tbag.. We just made a GF, have a young team and marginally improved our list for 2018 over the off-season imo. Keep the faith :P