Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Yeah Carlton have won for sure, not everyday you get two first rounders out of a 29 yo. Kinda surprised Adelaide paid it tbh, probably was greased up by Melbourne :P

Jay

Bill Manspeaker

Carlton laughing all the way to the bank

LF

Should see some other trades drop now this one is done

meow meow

10 + 16 + (35) + 73 for Gibbs + (21) + (39) + 77

Mat0369

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 19, 2017, 10:29:58 AM
Yeah Carlton have won for sure, not everyday you get two first rounders out of a 29 yo. Kinda surprised Adelaide paid it tbh, probably was greased up by Melbourne :P

When you think about it the price isn't really that steep. It's a proven gun that's capable of taking them to the next level over two lottery tickets into a crapshoot. I think we value draft picks to highly compared to proven talent. For every Lewis, Cyril and Cripps there is an Oakley-Nicholls, Lucas and Bootsma.

Add to the fact that it's not a deep draft and you aren't likely to get guys of Gibbs caliber in that range of the draft it's a no brainer.

I'm assuming the second round pick was a sticking point. We need points for next years draft to grab Ben Silvagni who has first round talent.

meow meow

Gibbs has 100 decent games left in him. At least. Gun. Worth it.

crowls

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 18, 2017, 02:49:32 PM
apparently Gibbs wife said she wont go to Adelaide lol
saw this on the news last night and almost pissed myself laughing.   No doubt women are different breed to men.   What has changed in last 12 months.  New besty at playgroup?   who knows....

Jroo

Quote from: meow meow on October 19, 2017, 10:43:35 AM
Not as good as Rocky :P but it's a great deal for Adelaide. They're basically giving up #10 for him

crowls

Quote from: JROO8 on October 19, 2017, 10:56:06 AM
Quote from: meow meow on October 19, 2017, 10:43:35 AM
Not as good as Rocky :P but it's a great deal for Adelaide. They're basically giving up #10 for him

i was thinking Adelaide may have peaked... or outperformed.    Though Gibbs with Sloane and the Crouch boys makes for a bloody good midfield.  then i checked the squad age profile and they still have a couple of years production from key players.     Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part as crows supporters piss me off.    ;D

meow meow

Iggs must overrate how they're going to go next year.

Torpedo10

Quote from: meow meow on October 19, 2017, 11:27:10 AM
That deal is a shocker on face value, they are destroying the Suns.

However, if the Eagles finish mid-low table against GC nab a top pick in what is said to be the best draft in years. Could be worth it.

meow meow

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 19, 2017, 11:40:53 AM
That deal is a shocker on face value, they are destroying the Suns.

However, if the Eagles finish mid-low table against GC nab a top pick in what is said to be the best draft in years. Could be worth it.

Is it GC's 2nd round or Essendon's for Saad?

meow meow

GC give: 21, 26, 37 + future 2nd (19ish)
WC give: 50 + future 1st (8ish?)

Ricochet

Reckon we'll see that future first come to us for Weller