Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Ringo

If that does not fire Zorks up nothing will

Mat0369

So by the look of the board, it did not fire Zorko up. I missed the games tonight. Went to see someone at the comedy festival, recorded the Carlton game and watched that when I got home. What exactly went down tonight? It looked to be a close finish

Ringo

Looks like the start of a really Derby warfare which will be good for the game in Qld.  Already talking about next clash on 6th July.

There was a bit of feeling from both sides which will continue the rivalry in years to come.

Overall game was sloppy due to the ground conditions and my Thoughts on the Game

1. We were the better team for 75% of the game but again for the third week running wasteful in front of goal.  Should have game put to be in 3rd quarter but instead allowed GC back in the game.  Conditions did not help though.

2. Our defence needs tightening up.  The number of time Matera was left free with space should not have happened.  Think Golby was on him but bit hard to see.

3. Brown is slowly working back into the season and had his best game in a number of years - Set the tone with the first goal from a difficult angle.  nay loose some cash with his wrestle with Warnock.

4. Zorko was well held by Wilkinson and lashed out with an elbow to the head that may be looked at by the MRP.  Starting to show his frustrations on the field.

5. Rich was held to just 2 possessions in first quarter by Karmichael Hunt but moved to HB in 2nd qurater in an endeavour to shake tag and started to find it more resulting in his best game for the year.

6. Raines kept Ablett to 27 possessions and continues to shine as a tagger. Despite the 27 possessions Abletts Disposal efficiency was way down 64% due to Raines influence.

7. Hanley continues to shine in his running roles and must have been close to winning the McRae Medal which went to Brown.

8. Sam Mayes shows he is ready for AFL football and may be the rising star nomination this week. Handy downgrade option in 2 weeks with a F/M Dpp.

9. Still need to improve a lot if we are to seriously challenge for Top 8 position.

Reddan may also be cited by the MRP for a shoulder to Abletts head.  Do not think anything in it but you never know.

Injuries to Polec and Martin will need to be monitored this week with both doubtful imo.

CrowsFan

A shame Polec got injured considering he was given his first chance in the team this year. How was he looking before the injury?

Ringo

Was an ankle CF so not sure till later in week as scans will probably be done tomorrow.  By the way as a Soth Aussie  Sam Mayes was very impressive in first outing.

nrich102

It's a shame Zorko is going so badly   :( 
What happened to Martin?

Ringo

Quote from: nrich102 on April 14, 2013, 12:44:58 PM
It's a shame Zorko is going so badly   :( 
What happened to Martin?
He had ice on ankle as well but do not think it is as bad as Polecs.

Colliwobblers

Zorko hates GCS, told me so in person at a clinic he was doing with cornhole for the kids i coach. He genuinely hates them, and it was obvious he just wanted to hurt every player he came near in a suns guernsey last night. Don't think his head was in the right place and was a slightly undisciplined efferort for a player who is and should be a genuine leader.

agree with Ringo however his frustrations may have contributed also, and wilkinson did do a good job on him, he should not get cited for that elbow did not connect and browns effort was more ferocious than that and off the ball to boot.

Lions look to be slowly warming up, I will probably use zorko to get burger in but if not doing that i would be happy to continue with him, he is a great player and i am not expecting much stronger opponents to bother putting a tag on zorko.

If they do, well it proves how good he is, but does little for his fantasy future.

Reckon the best part of the game for Lions people would be Browns effort, everything else is coming along nicely with burger back and a functioning fwd line the Lions can compete.

Hanley - how good....

BB67th

Hanley is looking like the best SuperCoach pick of the season for my team!

Windigo

Black back will be a huge boost.

strikes91

will be a massive for the lions. but not so rockliff owners in fantasy. vossy only took 3 weeks to chuck him up forward

Ringo

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2013-04-15/zorko-and-redden-cleared

In good news from the MRP both Reddan and Zorko have been cleared of incidents

and in a blow to our chances against North Melbourne Maguire looks set to be ruled out for another 3 weeks. Need to find some tall to match up on Petrie, Hansen and Tarrant. Yeo was found wanting against Suns.

Noz

Yeo looked a bit out of it especially in the last quarter, I thought Yeo was the one that was minding Matera. His miss kick late in the last quarter nearly lost them the game. Does he get dropped this week Ringo if so who comes in?

Ringo

Quote from: Noz on April 15, 2013, 09:08:33 PM
Yeo looked a bit out of it especially in the last quarter, I thought Yeo was the one that was minding Matera. His miss kick late in the last quarter nearly lost them the game. Does he get dropped this week Ringo if so who comes in?
The onl2 options to come in as I see it are Docherty or Harwood but both are 184cms 5cms shorter then Yeo.
Karnezis at 191cm may be called to play HB though. However with serious injuries to Wrigley and Wearden maybe Michael or Bourke may get promoted.  Both play as defenders and both are 195cm plus. Prefer Michael to be promoted myself as he gives a Ruck alternative as well.

Another option is McKeever back and bring in Karnezis or Bartlett. McKeever is 190cm but his disposal at times is a real worry.