Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

I am still shaking since the Linc mark ahahahahaha

Ringo

You'll here the mighty Roar - and boy wasn't it loud at the Gabba this afternoon.

Most of the crowd rose with Lincs mark.

Wish umpires would let the game flow another 48 penalty game. Could not even fathom some went both ways though to be fair.

Adams is getting better with each game and good not to rely on Neale and Zorko with Clugg and Lyons lifting today. . Bundy will probably be out next week and feel sorry for him after striking form after being dropped to NEAFL.

Grazz

I'm jumping on the train, our bus has broken an axle and lost a couple of wheels somewhere.

We are the pride of Brisbane town
We wear maroon, blue and gold
We will always fight for victory
Like Fitzroy and Bears of old
All for one, and one for all
We will answer to the call
Go Lions, Brisbane Lions
We’ll kick the winning score
You’ll hear our mighty roar!

Go you good thing.  ;D

nrich102

What a season!

Bring on the finals  8)

Ringo

Couple of comments on todays game however will just post last years score against Richmond 16.14.110 to 2.5.17 so a big improvement in 12 months and bring on Saturday week.

Think we have improvement in us whereas think there is not much in the Tigers.

We need to ensure we restrict ball coming out of the forward 50 on rebound.  We had more inside 50s than Tigers and this just showed how easily they rebounded and goaled.

Second think is we need to make tackle stick and lock the ball up. The number of tackles broken in this game by Tigers would be a record. In one of Dustys score involvements he broke 4 tackles.  Tighten this up and we can progress

Grazz

Another lesson learned on how to play the G against a good opposition hopefully is all that was.
Couldn't watch the game here, Charlie was quiet, a couple of things to work with come out of it
no doubt.
Still keen to see how they go in finals. I don't mind watching them play so as a neutral (thank God it's over)
I know I'm going to appreciate finals their involved in.
I love finals footy sometimes even more when you're not in it, no pressure haha just enjoy it for the footy.

Ringo

Finals tickets on sale Thursday -I will be on line at 11:00 to get mine members presale.

shaker

Quote from: Ringo on August 25, 2019, 08:58:47 PM
Couple of comments on todays game however will just post last years score against Richmond 16.14.110 to 2.5.17 so a big improvement in 12 months and bring on Saturday week.

Think we have improvement in us whereas think there is not much in the Tigers.

We need to ensure we restrict ball coming out of the forward 50 on rebound.  We had more inside 50s than Tigers and this just showed how easily they rebounded and goaled.

Second think is we need to make tackle stick and lock the ball up. The number of tackles broken in this game by Tigers would be a record. In one of Dustys score involvements he broke 4 tackles.  Tighten this up and we can progress
Will be tougher for the Tiges up there Ringo and agree there was a lot of tackles slipped but you guys won the tackles 47 - 72 the Tiges can tackle way better than that if the Tiges can do it on the day is another thing and I doubt the coach would think there is not much improval in them we are a long way off 2017 form but should be a cracker of a game  ;)

nrich102

This reminds me of the good old days. Nothing like a good 10 goal loss.

nrich102

Geez what a season. Shattered with the result last night, but who could have seen it coming back at the start of the season.

Lots to be pleased with, and now we aim to win a final next season.

Ringo

here is our list after draft.

Lots to be exited for with depth we have. 

Here are links for our 4 draftees

Devon Robertson:  https://draftprospects.prod.afl/prospect/1009385
Brock Smith:  https://draftprospects.prod.afl/prospect/1009242
Keiden Coleman: https://draftprospects.prod.afl/prospect/1006059
Jaxon Prior: https://draftprospects.prod.afl/prospect/1009386

Really happy that Robertson slid to us, Smith helps shore up our small defenders and gives run, Coleman was the academy prospect we really wanted and Prior also boost defence depth.

Did not know a lot about Prior but like what I see.

Disappointment that we did not match bids  for either Cumberland or Martyn (Tigers quickly closing on Pies as my most hated AFL team) however I suspect we did not want to go into deficit.
To match Coleman we needed 483 points We used 47 and 59 after trade leaving us with 91 points for trade 59 and 51 with 125 points leaving 216 points available. Pick 43 required 378 points to match so a deficit 0f 162 points which is a lot to carry forward.

We were probably always going to lose one anyway if drafted as matching 3 bids was always going to be difficult. To be honest surprised Richmond bidded for Martyn so early as I expected him in the 50 - 70 range,

So overall happy with the draft despite the disappointment  of losing Cumberland and Martyn.

So we have room to redraft Skinner, Lyons, Eagles and Smith after Bombers scotched our plans to take Lacie Johnson which was always on the cards.

Ringo

Not a lot of action so thought would write a few thoughts on season to date.

We had a reality check in Rd 1 when Hawthorn comfortably defeated us at the G.  Then we had the suspension.

We then had 4 straight games at the Gabba  which helped us with 4 straight wins,  Although we won all four the concern with our goal kicking accuracy was still there no more evident than the 10>23 v Adelaide,  In fact in only one of the four games were we on the tight side Goals/Behinds.

So looking at last nights game we were brought down the earth by a clinical Cats display and could not contain their 3rd quarter onslaught something we do to other teams at times.

Would the result been any different if we had kicked more accurately in first half and not allowed Cats the late 2 goals to draw within 10 points. Who knows but undoubtedly this changed momentum.

Also some players put in their worst performance of the year which did not help. Linc with no touches in first half, Harris being led all over the ground by Tomahawk.
Our forward line was well beaten by Cats defenders and virtually non existent.

So do we need changes:

Stef does not appear the same after his injury so is it time to give him more rest and play Archie.
Starc after a great start and keeping Withers out has had orfinary games last 2 weeks so is it time to bring Withers back.
Robbo Calf Injury and in my opinion he has lifted again this year and his agression missed.  Fortunately we have a 7 day break so hopefully he can recover,
McCluggage will have further scans on his shoulder but seeing he played on hopefully just minor.
Changes I would make
Witherden for Starc
Answerth for Bailey (Could have an injury)
Skinner for McCarthy

And Dev Robertson to come in if Clugg or Robbo out and CEY not fit. If Robbo out maybe bring in Beastmode.

Defeat a reality check and hopefully back on track against GWS,  We are still in the 8.

SilverLion

I think despite our bad kicking, we were that pitiful in the 3rd quarter that it wouldn't have mattered.

- Starc needs a rest IMO. I wouldn't mind seeing one of Answerth/Withers in for him. Looks like he'll be a player long term for us though.
- Wouldn't be against resting Stef, playing Oscar as no. 1, with Ballenden in as number 2. I wouldn't bring Archie in ever as I don't see him in our long term plans, and this would be a good opportunity to develop Ballenden.
- Would love to see Bundy, Matho, Dev Robbo, Hinge, Skinner etc. get a go. Not sure how many at once, but if guys like Bailey, Robbo don't get up wouldn't mind seeing some of them come in.
- Can't see them dropping Linc, much like Rayner, he seems to be one that regardless of how he performs, he never gets dropped.

On more positive notes:

- Like the look of Tom Berry, reckon he's worth persisting with. Brings great pressure and has done some nice things in his few games.
- Reckon Clugg and J Berry have elevated their games again this year. Behind Neale, we've got an elite on ball brigade with JL, Zorks, J Berry and then Clugg and Robbo on the wings. Hopefully CEY comes back in soon as I thought he brought something different to our mix and was good as well.
- That game against port by McStay was unbelievable, if he is able to get somewhere near that type of form consistently, he'd be an elite forward. Hopefully it wasn't a flash in the pan.