Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

In a bit early, but discuss the game against the crows here.

Team
Golby, Merrett, Lester
Adcock, Patfull, Yeo
Zorko, Rockliff, Hanley
Polkinghorn, Brown, Green
McGrath, Martin, Bewick

Rucks - Luenberger, Rich, Moloney
Interchange - Raines, Redden, Karnezis, Beams

Beams will be sub imo

BB67th

Not so sure on Beams, he did alright after he came in against the Dogs last week after being the sub. Karnezis didn't do too much, maybe he gets the vest instead? I hope not, he needs to score big for me this week.

And come on Lions, lets bounce back with a big win at home! Need them to do well as I have a bet with tbag.

nrich102

Quote from: BB67th on April 05, 2013, 10:12:54 AM
Not so sure on Beams, he did alright after he came in against the Dogs last week after being the sub. Karnezis didn't do too much, maybe he gets the vest instead? I hope not, he needs to score big for me this week.

And come on Lions, lets bounce back with a big win at home! Need them to do well as I have a bet with tbag.

I really hope Karnezis isn't sub. It will kill my DT. Go well with your bet ::)

Ringo

Looking at Brisbane's Bench.

Raines - Will probably be required to tag Thompson or Dangerfield unless Zorks or Redden are given the run with roles in which case Raines could get the vest. Doubt this will be the case though as he will add some of the mongrel that was missing last week and may be the support Rich needs to help break the tag.
Lester - Very versatile player who can cover all positions Back, Mid or forward - Because of this versatility hard to see him getting the vest.
Karnezis - Disappointing last week may be given chance to redeem himself but hard to see him avoiding vest given Beams performance last week.   
Beams - Possibly as a result of players tiring was really impressive and racked the points up and should avoid vest this week.

Personally I hope Karny avoids the vest as I need him to score well for my Fantasy Teams as well. Would of preferred to see Karny named on field with Polkinghorne on bench and possible vest,

I think our structure looks a little more sound this week with only 2 talls forward and a mosquito brigade of Zorko, Green, Bewick and McGrath, Probaly need to go this way as well to combat Crows run.

Bit disappointed that I may not get to the game due to foot blowing up and I can hardly walk. Good Luck with bet with Tbag BB have had some banter with him myself because he thinks Rog is a spud so really want him to lower Texs shorts tomorrow.

BB67th

Wow I can't believe Polkinghorne keeps his spot after what he did last week. Was just disgraceful.

nrich102

Quote from: BB67th on April 05, 2013, 02:28:21 PM
Wow I can't believe Polkinghorne keeps his spot after what he did last week. Was just disgraceful.
Could he get the vest? Just because he's named on field, doesn't mean he'll play there

Ringo

Quote from: nrich102 on April 05, 2013, 02:54:27 PM
Quote from: BB67th on April 05, 2013, 02:28:21 PM
Could he get the vest? Just because he's named on field, doesn't mean he'll play there
We can only hope. Bewick is the other who wore the vest a few times last year but think he is a little safer this year.

strikes91

extremely frustrating polkinghorne gets picked at HF when mayes is sitting on the emergency list.

im expecting bewick to be the sub with zorko pushing into the forwards and bewick will replace either polkinghorne or Karnezis

Ringo

Quote from: strikes91 on April 05, 2013, 04:44:52 PM
extremely frustrating polkinghorne gets picked at HF when mayes is sitting on the emergency list.

im expecting bewick to be the sub with zorko pushing into the forwards and bewick will replace either polkinghorne or Karnezis
If it was last year would agree Strikes but Bewick is playing more the HF role this year and seems to be adapting well. The continued selection of Polkinghorne frustrates me just how many chances will he get,  Mayes will get games soon imo just started a little behind the others because of injury.

Really hope we continue to remain injury free with players putting pressure on - Harwood and Clarke were BOG in reserves last week so will put pressure on Defenders, Lisle kicked 6 goals, Banfield and Mayes were also amongst the best so hopefully this will force some of the Seniors to lift this week.

nrich102

BB67th

Yeah Rich really needs to learn how to cope with a tag. It is going to happen to him just about every week.

Ringo

Not just Rich but his team mates need to help him.  Look at other teams as to how taggers are harrassed as well this was lacking against Bulldogs but with Raines back in may add the mongrel.

He has been coping 2nd tag for the last 2 years but with Blackie missing is coping No 1 tag and will be part of his ongoing development.

strikes91

my thoughts on tonights match.

fantasy owners i think karneizis will be getting the punt tonight. yes he played half a quarter but in the mean time he conceded a costly free kick and didnt chase rory sloane into the forward pocket. voss should take action against that. Great to see big leuy back. fantastic played so mobile for a big man especially coming off a 12 month injury lay off. think voss may ring the changes again this week. yeo was very fumbly tonight.could suffer by getting dropped, either goose will be rushed back in or Docherty may get his debut. Ash McGrath will most likely make way. look for Sam Mayes, Todd Banfield, Jordan lisleand also Aaron Cornellious.

Polkinghorne is vossy's love child so he probably did enough tonight. this would be my changes for next week with note of mcgurie not being fit.

Yeo, McGrath, Karneizis out

Docherty, Mayes, Lisle in

Ringo

Agree to a certain extent but instead of Docherty maybe Harwood or Clarke who are both playing better than Doc in reserves.  If Fit Maguire for Yeo if not Harwood/Clarke.

Banfield has also been tearing up the reserves so he may come into the mix to replace McGrath but I would go with Mayes.  Bartlett as also had two good games so he may come into consideration.

Lisle or Cornelius to replace Karny although Karny may be given another chance seeing sub.  Agree should cop the full wrath for allowing Sloane to get the position he did especially seeing he was fresh.

Much better performance from the boys yesterday afternoon. Our accuracy in front of goal hurt us especially in third quarter when we were dominating and kicked 4.8 so should have had a much bigger lead going into last quarter. Had more scoring shots than crows 27 - 26 for the game. Windy conditions did not help but still not an excuse for wayward goal kicking.

BB67th

We really need to turn this goal kicking accuracy business around. It is costing us a lot at the moment, we are not kicking accurately at all over the last couple of years.