Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Whats the chance of Karnezis getting dropped for the Q Clash?

Ziplock

haha, anyone seen the latest grill?

if you have, you'll know what I mean by classic :P

BB67th

Quote from: Ziplock on April 10, 2013, 05:43:15 PM
haha, anyone seen the latest grill?

if you have, you'll know what I mean by classic :P
I just watched it. Browny is a classic.

strikes91

With Beams out with a ACL rupture do you think vossy will bring in sam mayes ?

Ringo

I think it will be out of 3 options,

One I think Lions will promote Bartlett from Rookie list - bartlett has really been outstanding in seconds and deserves a chance after injury wrecked seasons. Remember he was our first pick in the 2009 draft.

then one of Mayes, Polec or Bartlett will get a go.  Think it may involve Zorko returning to mids and playing the other at HF.

My thoughts only.

Windigo

When Black comes back what will the mids be like?

Surely Moloney will be affected given they play similar styles...

Ringo

Windi

Vossi has made it clear that Black will be managed this year and use of the substitute will assist in this regard.  So i suspect will have little difference to Moloney.  (Moloney could develop into one of our smarter recruiting moves)

nrich102

http://www.lions.com.au/season/team-announcement

Here is the team for this week. Mayes to make his debut, but Karnezis has been dropped. Polec replaces Beams.

McKeever in + Lester out = Tanking  ??? Just stupid

strikes91

Like the inclusions of Polec and Mayes. one of them will be handed the vest. McKeever probably comes in to add height to our back line although lester is still a healthy 190 but i think mckeever is pushing the 2m area. Lester did well last week but struggled with a taller opponent

Ringo

Interesting that Polkinghorne has still maintained his position.

Do not think Karnezis has been given a fair go so hopefully he tones it up in the 2's and warrants early recall.

Mayes deserved promotion and has been one of the better performed mid fielders in 2's along with Bartlett,  Bartlett still on Rookie list but I would promote him to replace Beams when able. Mayes will wear the No 32 and lets hope he serves it up to the suns similar to one of the Lions previous 32 wearers Shaun Hart now the Suns reserves coast.

Polec has also been a stand out performer in the 2's and will be used similar to Karnezis but expect him to wear the vest.

McKeever obviously brought in for the extra height 197cms v 191cms for Lester but is really only keeping the seat warm till goose returns. 

Yeo is another on shaky ground and hopefully lifts game this week.

This Q clash is starting to get the feel of a real Local Derby at last with the Suns vastly improved.

BB67th

Polkinghorne is Vossies love child. Don't think he will ever got dropped ::)

Dudge

With the vest last week, and being dropped this week, where is Karnizie's standing in the Lions makeup? (confused)

Ringo

Quote from: Dudge on April 11, 2013, 09:37:48 PM
With the vest last week, and being dropped this week, where is Karnizie's standing in the Lions makeup? (confused)
Me too Dudge - Has not been given a fair go in my opinion,  Hoping as I said he makes a very strong case for recall in 2's.

Dudge

But even a really good show in the 2s Ringo, does that mean he gets another shot,considering vest- dropped. I could understand 3/4 bad games, but a great preseason, and now dropped so early. Is it a warning, or he's not rated?

Ringo

Quote from: Dudge on April 11, 2013, 10:27:47 PM
But even a really good show in the 2s Ringo, does that mean he gets another shot,considering vest- dropped. I could understand 3/4 bad games, but a great preseason, and now dropped so early. Is it a warning, or he's not rated?
Not sure Dudge - He had a problem with endurance last year but his season in 2's seemed to rectify that. Seems to be training ok so hard to put a finger on what the problem is with the coach. Was hoping he would have got a reprieve with the injury to Beams. Disposal at times is an issue with him but he is not alone in that regard.