Injured Players Thread Offseason/2019

Started by LF, December 13, 2018, 02:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

The fact we still don't know where he spends most of his time means I'll be leaving that one alone. Not too concerned about a calf niggle, the bulk of the pre-season load is done by now

RaisyDaisy

I wasn't aware that Lloyd had a hip operation during this off-season

“Everything’s progressing well and I’ll look to be back in full training within the next week or two,”

Mat0369

Not an injury but Tom Bugg retired. Can we get a bonus list spot for this?

He was also reportedly in the frame for round 1.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 01, 2019, 05:31:39 PM
Not an injury but Tom Bugg retired. Can we get a bonus list spot for this?

Yes, you get to replace him now

Gibbons surely a lock?

Mat0369

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 01, 2019, 05:51:41 PM
Yes, you get to replace him now

Gibbons surely a lock?

We already had 2 of these with Doc being out for the year and we kept 1 list spot open. If Bugg goes I think that gives us three. It might be different since he wasn't on the main list.

Gibbons and Matthew Cottrell were training with us now. With three spots it would have to be Gibbons, and two of Cottrell, Jed Lamb or one of the VFL boys we had looked at in the rookie draft (Sam Fisher Jesse Palmer and Mason Blakey)

frenzy

SilverLion

Quote from: frenzy on February 01, 2019, 07:13:47 PM
Harley Bennell with a tight calf last week, for those who dare.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-01/freo-playmaker-out-of-r1-no-timeframe-on-star-recruit
He's only 167k. He's a lock if he gets named round 1. I give him a 5% chance at best at being named though.

HoleMeal

Jack Watts was caught on video sniffing a white substance of a females breast at Octoberfest. Video was aired on Ch 10 tonight.
May be looking at a holiday.

Football Factory

Quote from: HoleMeal on February 03, 2019, 06:03:42 PM
Jack Watts was caught on video sniffing a white substance of a females breast at Octoberfest. Video was aired on Ch 10 tonight.
May be looking at a holiday.

Lol

RaisyDaisy

Nothing in it

He was just snorting a legal german concoction made of menthol, sugar and glucose which is sold at Octoberfest

As for snorting on that rack - what guy wouldn't do that if given the chance?  8)

shaker

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 03, 2019, 06:17:04 PM
Nothing in it

He was just snorting a legal german concoction made of menthol, sugar and glucose which is sold at Octoberfest

As for snorting on that rack - what guy wouldn't do that if given the chance?  8)
In this over the top PC world he will be hauled over the coals by the media regardless of what he's snorting

ubeaut

Quote from: shaker on February 03, 2019, 06:25:08 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 03, 2019, 06:17:04 PM
Nothing in it

In this over the top PC world he will be hauled over the coals by the media regardless of what he's snorting
I dunno about being "PC" I've got nothing against players partaking in a few recreational pleasures in their own time. But as they're getting paid 100s of thousands of $$$ to play professional sport they are in the limelight, representing their sport, club,and are role models to kids whether they like it or not.
In this age of social media it's pretty dumb to do this stuff in public and they deserve to be sanctioned. If you're gonna do it do it behind closed doors with no cameras or don't do it at all.

Mat0369

GoLions

Football Factory