Injured Players Thread Offseason/2019

Started by LF, December 13, 2018, 02:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Quote from: Woppa15 on August 16, 2019, 12:17:20 PM
Quote from: LaHug on August 16, 2019, 12:14:00 PM
Quote from: Woppa15 on August 16, 2019, 12:01:45 PM
Duncan won’t get a rest, were fighting for a home final at our 1st home ground rather than our second :p

Won't that depend entirely on who you're playing, not where you finish? If you finish first or second, you'll play the Tigers at the MCG, the Lions at Kardinia, or the Eagles at who-knows-where.

Absolutely it does, I was being facetious. We need to finish top two and then line up against one of the interstate sides to play down at the cattery.

So, theoretically, you win this week and lock in top two. Considering the rest is out of your hands, why not rest Duncan for the last round?

GoLions

Quote from: LaHug on August 16, 2019, 12:34:23 PM
Quote from: Woppa15 on August 16, 2019, 12:17:20 PM
Quote from: LaHug on August 16, 2019, 12:14:00 PM
Quote from: Woppa15 on August 16, 2019, 12:01:45 PM
Duncan won’t get a rest, were fighting for a home final at our 1st home ground rather than our second :p

Won't that depend entirely on who you're playing, not where you finish? If you finish first or second, you'll play the Tigers at the MCG, the Lions at Kardinia, or the Eagles at who-knows-where.

Absolutely it does, I was being facetious. We need to finish top two and then line up against one of the interstate sides to play down at the cattery.

So, theoretically, you win this week and lock in top two. Considering the rest is out of your hands, why not rest Duncan for the last round?
Didn't the AFL already say it will be at the MCG regardless

Woppa15

Now that Sloane is named are people holding or trading?

RoughRed

Quote from: Woppa15 on August 16, 2019, 06:41:59 PM
Now that Sloane is named are people holding or trading?
Trading ... T.green  :o ::)

jvalles69

RaisyDaisy

What am I missing?

Why are people trading out Sloane?  :o

I know his recent history vs Collingwood isn't great, but surely you've got other luxury trades that would be better?

Ringo

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 17, 2019, 09:31:44 AM
What am I missing?

Why are people trading out Sloane?  :o

I know his recent history vs Collingwood isn't great, but surely you've got other luxury trades that would be better?
Not sure RD but some may have been put off with the black eye picture after the finger in the eye.  But as you say a real luxury trade if doing it.  I would not trade him.

sidvicious

Gawn in doubt for next week

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/max-gawn-in-doubt-for-melbournes-last-game-of-2019-after-hamstring-scare/news-story/8cf18024ddf8b68a1f44f3d1ea4731ae

Melbourne’s hopes of finishing a dismal year with a win could be dealt a blow with star ruckman Max Gawn under an injury cloud.

Gawn spent much of the last quarter during Friday night’s loss to Sydney on the bench with what coach Simon Goodwin described as a “tight hamstring”.

RaisyDaisy

“Max came off, he had a tight hamstring,” Goodwin said.

“He certainly hasn’t done it. The game was done and he’d had a huge workload.

“We put him on ice and make sure he’d be right for next week.”