Injured Players Thread Offseason/2019

Started by LF, December 13, 2018, 02:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowls

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 18, 2019, 04:30:23 PM
Quote from: crowls on January 18, 2019, 04:24:16 PM
Quote from: shaker on January 18, 2019, 04:07:52 PM
Merrett in a moon boot for a couple of weeks with an ankle problem
No No NO!!!!    Not happy Jan.    Beside being a bombers fan, he is in my starting line and I detest starting players who have interrupted pre seasons.

I'd hardly call 2 weeks in a moon boot due to a sprained ankle an interrupted preseason
what would you consider uninterrupted RD?   plus downtime as he works back to full training.   

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: crowls on January 19, 2019, 10:51:36 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 18, 2019, 04:30:23 PM
Quote from: crowls on January 18, 2019, 04:24:16 PM
Quote from: shaker on January 18, 2019, 04:07:52 PM
Merrett in a moon boot for a couple of weeks with an ankle problem
No No NO!!!!    Not happy Jan.    Beside being a bombers fan, he is in my starting line and I detest starting players who have interrupted pre seasons.

I'd hardly call 2 weeks in a moon boot due to a sprained ankle an interrupted preseason
what would you consider uninterrupted RD?   plus downtime as he works back to full training.

Obviously we'd rather it didn't happen, but I'm not sure 2 weeks is really a big deal, especially for just a sprain. Yes it's technically an interruption, but not the sort that we as SC coaches should be worried about imo

Ringo

Bad news for @brisbanelions with @dizzgardiner7 suffering a PCL injury and expected to miss 6-8 weeks @AFLcomau

COLLINGWOOD ruckman Brodie Grundy is expected to miss a fortnight of training with a bruised little toe.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-21/bruised-toe-puts-a-dent-in-gun-magpies-preseason

jvalles69

Brad Crouch with a minor foot injury to keep him out of training for a few weeks.  Line through this soft as butter player surely.

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on January 22, 2019, 03:16:02 PM
Brad Crouch with a minor foot injury to keep him out of training for a few weeks.  Line through this soft as butter player surely.

Its a one week injury, so he will be out for a few days, not a few weeks.

Ringo

Quote from: Holz on January 23, 2019, 11:07:01 AM

But it is Brad Crouch and his injuries seem to linger.

jvalles69

Quote from: Ringo on January 23, 2019, 12:06:46 PM

Time will tell...he's the Anthony Davis of the AFL.

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on January 23, 2019, 01:00:26 PM

i hope your right, Anthony Davis has become reasonably durable the last few years. played the equivalent of 20 out of 22 games. Ill take that from Brad.

jvalles69

Quote from: Holz on January 24, 2019, 05:55:11 PM

i hope your right, Anthony Davis has become reasonably durable the last few years. played the equivalent of 20 out of 22 games. Ill take that from Brad.

AD is out 4-6 weeks... ::)

Holz

Quote from: jvalles69 on January 25, 2019, 12:25:21 AM
Quote from: Holz on January 24, 2019, 05:55:11 PM

AD is out 4-6 weeks... ::)

expected to miss 1-2 weeks with a finger sprain.

In fact, he could return as soon as next week, according to Davis' agent Rich Paul. He also said "it's a better outcome than we originally feared." Davis will be re-evaluated every few days to see how he is progressing.

So yeah like missing 1-2 AFL games.

RaisyDaisy

A couple of off field injuries

Carlton recruit Alex Fasolo has undergone surgery after fracturing his arm in an incident on Saturday night.

The Blues are investigating the circumstances in which he sustained the injury, which will keep him sidelined for 6-8 weeks.

Meanwhile, Ollie Wines has injured his shoulder in a water skiing accident and will have scans to determine the impact/damage

hawkers65

Blakely suspected to have severely done his hammy

Ringo

Quote from: hawkers65 on January 28, 2019, 11:39:04 AM
Confirmation that Blakely will miss a large part of the season.
https://aflratings.com.au/2019/01/28/injury-update-connor-blakely/
Does this now make Fyfe despite injury concerns a must in SC or does it bring brayshaw at a mid price into consideration.

also this one
https://aflratings.com.au/2019/01/28/injury-update-ollie-wines/
This is an interesting one depending on the severity. Does Rockliff come in given 2nd year at thge club and what he is capable of or will Gray get more mid time and make him ideal f3.

Another one Alex Fasolo has broken his arm but not really fantasy relevant,

elephants

Quote from: Ringo on January 28, 2019, 02:06:42 PM
Quote from: hawkers65 on January 28, 2019, 11:39:04 AM
Confirmation that Blakely will miss a large part of the season.
https://aflratings.com.au/2019/01/28/injury-update-connor-blakely/
Does this now make Fyfe despite injury concerns a must in SC or does it bring brayshaw at a mid price into consideration.

also this one
https://aflratings.com.au/2019/01/28/injury-update-ollie-wines/
This is an interesting one depending on the severity. Does Rockliff come in given 2nd year at thge club and what he is capable of or will Gray get more mid time and make him ideal f3.

Another one Alex Fasolo has broken his arm but not really fantasy relevant,

Very very valid points you raise there Ringo.

Fyfe: lock for me in SC, definite captain option. Can even see him picking up in DT and pushing 110. All about keeping fit, Freo will need him on ball 95% of the time this season

Brayshaw: high up my list in drafts. Couldn't start him in salary c(r)ap but definitely see him pushing his average into the 80s, even a shout for 90s imo

Rockliff: Polec (more outside I know) and Wingard (played basically full time midfield post bye) gone certainly had Rocky on my radar and now this Wines news bumps him further up. Imo he never gets back to uber premo, but 105-110 is a shot. Will want to see the outcome of the Wines injury but if it is a few months out as is rumoured I could see myself taking the gamble. Also worth watching Powell-Pepper, think he has a point to prove this season.

As for Gray going into the midfield, if I was a Power fan I would want to see Rocky on ball and Gray making magic happen up fwd all day every day.

Mat0369