Injured Players Thread Offseason/2019

Started by LF, December 13, 2018, 02:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Quote from: Ringo on January 28, 2019, 02:06:42 PM
also this one
https://aflratings.com.au/2019/01/28/injury-update-ollie-wines/
This is an interesting one depending on the severity. Does Rockliff come in given 2nd year at thge club and what he is capable of or will Gray get more mid time and make him ideal f3.

He was one I was contemplating prior to the news. He has too high a ceiling at his price not to be considered. He still isn't in full contact yet which is a red flag. The Wines injury makes him even more tempting.

shaker

Quote from: Mat0369 on January 28, 2019, 05:25:33 PM
Didn't see this one posted. Training report has him still hobbling around

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-04/setback-for-returning-giant-after-hamstring-strain
He really has no appeal for me even if he was half his already cheap price can't see him being in many teams

Mat0369

Quote from: shaker on January 28, 2019, 05:29:15 PM
He really has no appeal for me even if he was half his already cheap price can't see him being in many teams

It opens the door for Briggs who they were looking at naming round 1. It comes down to Simpson and Briggs for the R1 spot, and while Mummy is likely to come in at the end of the suspension it is showing that his body may not be up for it. Briggs feels like a solid R3 option who could see early games.

shaker

Quote from: Mat0369 on January 28, 2019, 05:38:23 PM
Quote from: shaker on January 28, 2019, 05:29:15 PM

It opens the door for Briggs who they were looking at naming round 1. It comes down to Simpson and Briggs for the R1 spot, and while Mummy is likely to come in at the end of the suspension it is showing that his body may not be up for it. Briggs feels like a solid R3 option who could see early games.
Same price as Fort as well it would be nice to have a couple choices for R3

RaisyDaisy

LOL Ringo, stop posting things a few posts after I already have :P

Ringo

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 28, 2019, 05:59:40 PM
Sorry RD - Note to self to go back to previous pages prior to posting if only one or 2 posts on page. (Yours was bottom of previous page),

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ringo on January 28, 2019, 06:06:16 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 28, 2019, 05:59:40 PM
Sorry RD - Note to self to go back to previous pages prior to posting if only one or 2 posts on page. (Yours was bottom of previous page),

Haha all good, just having fun :)

Mat0369

Quote from: shaker on January 28, 2019, 05:46:20 PM

Fort R2, Briggs R3 and walk around like this

shaker

Quote from: Mat0369 on January 28, 2019, 06:17:55 PM
Quote from: shaker on January 28, 2019, 05:46:20 PM

Fort R2, Briggs R3 and walk around like this

Ha ha very true I don't have pills that big  ;D

Fid

Connor Blakely has a badly torn hamstring and will be on the sidelines for 14 weeks

RaisyDaisy

PORT Adelaide midfielder Ollie Wines is due to have surgery on his injured shoulder after having scans on Tuesday morning.

Wines â€" a contender to be the Power's captain this season â€" hurt his shoulder in a water skiing accident last Saturday.

It's believed he won't need a full shoulder reconstruction, but will have surgery to tighten the ligaments.

He was able to run at the Power's training session at Alberton Oval on Monday morning and went in for scans on Tuesday.

"It was an unfortunate incident and hopefully I can get it repaired pretty quick," Wines told Ten News First.

"I can't go into any details as of yet, but we'll try to sort of see what's wrong and then we'll talk later in the week."

The Power are yet to release a timeline for Wines' recovery, but any surgery is believed to have him in doubt for round one.

RaisyDaisy

And more

Port Adelaide football general manager Chris Davies said Wines had an arthroscope on Wednesday morning and the surgery was successful.

“It’s the best outcome we could hope for Ollie,” Davies said.

“Ollie is expected to have his arm in a sling for a period of time.

“His progress will be assessed in coming weeks with a view to him returning to the field early in the home and away season."

frenzy

Chad Wingard, you're making it hard to pick ya.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-30/troublesome-calf-forces-wingard-to-be-a-spectator-

And sorry if somebody already posted, probably should'a checked.

Ringo

and now this another mid rookie to come off the list.

St Kilda: Jack Bytel (Back) is set to have surgery this week, out 4-6 weeks prior to starting rehab program “Jack is a player with a lot of promise, and he couldn’t have been more impressive in terms of his character since joining the club” GM of Football Simon Lethlean

shaker

Quote from: frenzy on January 30, 2019, 04:41:25 PM
Chad Wingard, you're making it hard to pick ya.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-01-30/troublesome-calf-forces-wingard-to-be-a-spectator-

And sorry if somebody already posted, probably should'a checked.
Yeah can't remember him having major injuries but he seems to be a a bit fragile , I'm off the Chad Express