Injured Players Thread Offseason/2019

Started by LF, December 13, 2018, 02:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: ubeaut on February 03, 2019, 07:44:13 PM
Quote from: shaker on February 03, 2019, 06:25:08 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 03, 2019, 06:17:04 PM
Nothing in it

He was just snorting a legal german concoction made of menthol, sugar and glucose which is sold at Octoberfest

As for snorting on that rack - what guy wouldn't do that if given the chance?  8)
In this over the top PC world he will be hauled over the coals by the media regardless of what he's snorting
I dunno about being "PC" I've got nothing against players partaking in a few recreational pleasures in their own time. But as they're getting paid 100s of thousands of $$$ to play professional sport they are in the limelight, representing their sport, club,and are role models to kids whether they like it or not.
In this age of social media it's pretty dumb to do this stuff in public and they deserve to be sanctioned. If you're gonna do it do it behind closed doors with no cameras or don't do it at all.
It is part and parcel in a lot of Oktoberfest celebrations so why not try something new as you do. Footballers can not be left in a bubble all the time but unfortunately in todays era of social media where everyone has a camera people will look for these instances. 
Personally I am more concerned about moral behaviours across the football codes though with Domestic Violence etc.

js19

Quote from: Ringo on February 04, 2019, 10:39:45 AM
Nothing in it

He was just snorting a legal german concoction made of menthol, sugar and glucose which is sold at Octoberfest

As for snorting on that rack - what guy wouldn't do that if given the chance?  8)
In this over the top PC world he will be hauled over the coals by the media regardless of what he's snorting
I dunno about being "PC" I've got nothing against players partaking in a few recreational pleasures in their own time. But as they're getting paid 100s of thousands of $$$ to play professional sport they are in the limelight, representing their sport, club,and are role models to kids whether they like it or not.
In this age of social media it's pretty dumb to do this stuff in public and they deserve to be sanctioned. If you're gonna do it do it behind closed doors with no cameras or don't do it at all.
It is part and parcel in a lot of Oktoberfest celebrations so why not try something new as you do. Footballers can not be left in a bubble all the time but unfortunately in todays era of social media where everyone has a camera people will look for these instances. 
Personally I am more concerned about moral behaviours across the football codes though with Domestic Violence etc.

Big Mummy is kicking himself for not using that excuse atm though...

shaker

Quote from: Ringo on February 04, 2019, 10:39:45 AM
Nothing in it

Yeah AFL players behave themselves pretty well just look at NRL now there's a code with big problems.

igotworms

Not sure the authenticity of this post, but I received a message saying something has happened to Tom Williamson from Carlton! Club hasn’t mentioned anything yet, but apparently it’s not his back but possibly a hamstring or a resurgence of his Krohns disease. It was also mentioned that it’s not a minor setback either! Hope it’s not true, as I was looking forward to what this young fella could produce!

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: igotworms on February 05, 2019, 10:17:48 PM
Not sure the authenticity of this post, but I received a message saying something has happened to Tom Williamson from Carlton! Club hasn’t mentioned anything yet, but apparently it’s not his back but possibly a hamstring or a resurgence of his Krohns disease. It was also mentioned that it’s not a minor setback either! Hope it’s not true, as I was looking forward to what this young fella could produce!

Article on AFL website last week confirmed he is still on modified duties

Poor preseason and poor scoring history. Put a line through him

RaisyDaisy

Wines is likely to be out for the first 3-4 rounds

ubeaut

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 06, 2019, 03:03:17 PM
Wines is likely to be out for the first 3-4 rounds
Is that all? May have to reconsider Gray. I can see it now: averages 120 for 3 rounds in the midfield, then 91 after being relegated to the fwd line.

Ringo

One to keep an eye on not sure how serious:

West Coast: Jack Redden (Leg) failed to complete training today.. icing right leg just below his knee via @TravisKing

May be just precautionary but leg injuries a concern,

RaisyDaisy

Doesn't have a great sound to it "partial disruption", but the 1 week timeline makes it sound not as bad haha

peter ryan @petryan
Devon Smith has a partial disruption to the bicep after copping knock at training but not a big concern. One week of no contact while it settles then he will return to training. Important player so no chances taken.

enzedder

Jason Johannisen has an ankle syndesmosis injury following training mishap. Fortunately for Dogs, believe it is low grade but still looking at 4-6 weeks to recover.

kilbluff1985

DAN HANNEBERY

Hanners perfect preseason has hit a hurdle as scans have revealed he has suffered a minor hamstring tear.

The Saints have placed him on a modified training program in the lead up to the 2019 season.

Bully

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 10, 2019, 07:33:14 PM
DAN HANNEBERY

Hanners perfect preseason has hit a hurdle as scans have revealed he has suffered a minor hamstring tear.

The Saints have placed him on a modified training program in the lead up to the 2019 season.

That's all I need for a red line, Miles the only decent mid pricer left.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Bully on February 10, 2019, 08:07:47 PM
DAN HANNEBERY

Maybe not as bad

"ANOTHER hamstring setback for St Kilda recruit Dan Hannebery will see him on a reduced workload for the next fortnight.

However, the Saints are adamant there was no strain, with his latest injury to the same muscle he hurt before Christmas.

Hannebery was injured during match simulation on Friday, February 1, but has been running and boxing since then.

His program has been managed this preparation after groin and calf issues hampered the triple All Australian in his final couple of seasons at the Swans.

A gradual build-up was always the plan, as he said in November."

enzedder

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 11, 2019, 12:40:25 PM
Quote from: Bully on February 10, 2019, 08:07:47 PM
DAN HANNEBERY

Awesome. What a recruit. Well done Saints.
Maybe not as bad

"ANOTHER hamstring setback for St Kilda recruit Dan Hannebery will see him on a reduced workload for the next fortnight.

However, the Saints are adamant there was no strain, with his latest injury to the same muscle he hurt before Christmas.

Hannebery was injured during match simulation on Friday, February 1, but has been running and boxing since then.

His program has been managed this preparation after groin and calf issues hampered the triple All Australian in his final couple of seasons at the Swans.

A gradual build-up was always the plan, as he said in November."