Main Menu

Blues 2016 H&A Discussion

Started by Vinny, April 01, 2015, 06:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 24, 2015, 06:44:55 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-24/clubs-eyeing-delisted-hawks-forward-grimley

They are linking him with the Lions, if Botlon had much to do with him he could be a low risk high reward pick up. A ruck that can pinch hit up forward so he would fill both needs.
he looked decent in his games, that said anyone could look decent in the hawthorn machine :-\

Big Mac

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 25, 2015, 11:44:56 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on October 24, 2015, 06:44:55 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-24/clubs-eyeing-delisted-hawks-forward-grimley

They are linking him with the Lions, if Botlon had much to do with him he could be a low risk high reward pick up. A ruck that can pinch hit up forward so he would fill both needs.
he looked decent in his games, that said anyone could look decent in the hawthorn machine :-\

Yeh I wouldn't be surprised to see Fitzy kick 50 this year

fanTCfool

I don't understand how people are complaining about 'Carlton trading all our players'?
I distinctly recall giving up 1 young chap for 5 other chaps.
The other 2 blokes were both traded for picks, both wanted to leave, so that is no such issue?
Out 3, In 5?

Money Shot

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 26, 2015, 08:48:52 PM
I don't understand how people are complaining about 'Carlton trading all our players'?
The other 2 blokes were both traded for picks, both wanted to leave, so that is no such issue?
Out 3, In 5?
I agree this year we have done well! Wish I could say the same for previous years ...

According to a lot of people on here we will be looking at Matheison with our first pick in the draft, does anyone know much about him?

Big Mac

Out 3, In 5?

Just people having a laugh at how JJK, Betts, Garlett, Mitch Robinson etc have left and gone on to perform very well at other clubs

Then obviously Menzel, Hendo, Yarran and Bell left this year too

Mat0369

fanTCfool

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 26, 2015, 09:07:48 PM
Out 3, In 5?

Just people having a laugh at how JJK, Betts, Garlett, Mitch Robinson etc have left and gone on to perform very well at other clubs

Then obviously Menzel, Hendo, Yarran and Bell left this year too

I agree with all of that, it's just how many we traded contrasted to how many requested to be traded.
It's the club's responsibility to get the player to their destination of choice, especially with circumstances bigger than footy (eg. Bell)

Ricochet

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2015-10-28/final-list-changes

QuoteSenior players Robert Warnock and Nick Holman, along with rookie-listed players Tom Fields and Brad Walsh have been delisted.

Walsh? Really? He had a great year by the sounds of it

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Ricochet on October 28, 2015, 06:07:47 PM

QuoteSenior players Robert Warnock and Nick Holman, along with rookie-listed players Tom Fields and Brad Walsh have been delisted.

Can't have been that good considering he couldn't get a game in that atrocious side and nick graham almost beat him for the b+f despite playing flower all games in the vfl

Ricochet

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 28, 2015, 06:52:23 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 28, 2015, 06:07:47 PM

Can't have been that good considering he couldn't get a game in that atrocious side and nick graham almost beat him for the b+f despite playing flower all games in the vfl
Yeh i guess so. Still, ressies BnF in his first year and then delisted is rough

Mat0369

Holman is the big surprise out of those ones. He showed a bit this year in the games he played. Fields is apparently giving the NFL a shot.

The other spud ruck hasn't been delisted yet.

Capper

So 3 retirements, 8 delistings and 4 players traded out with 4 GWS and Kerridge coming in.

Are they seriously thinking about taking 9 picks in a draft that doesnt go very deep?

Nige

Quote from: Capper on October 28, 2015, 11:36:17 PM
So 3 retirements, 8 delistings and 4 players traded out with 4 GWS and Kerridge coming in.

Are they seriously thinking about taking 9 picks in a draft that doesnt go very deep?
They've got like 4 in the first round though and Silvagni as a F/S pick, plus you'd think they'll probably acquire at least one DFA.

Mat0369

A few of the guys we have delisted are rookies as well