FB: Kristian Jaksch, Michael Jamison, Sam Rowe
HB: Sam Docherty, Zach Tuohy, Simon White
C: Kade Simpson, Chris Judd, Dale Thomas
HF: Marc Murphy, Liam Jones, Clem Smith
F: Chris Yarran, Lachie Henderson, Troy Menzel
FOL: Cameron Wood, Bryce Gibbs, Patrick Cripps
I/C: Tom Bell, Andrew Carrazzo, Ed Curnow, Andrejs Everitt
EMG: Levi Casboult, David Ellard, Jason Tutt

Clem Smith debuts and Liam Jones and Kristian Jaksch both playing their first games in navy.

Going to the game myself, so pumped. Not very confident but should be awesome anyway. Bring it on Tiges!

Nige

What's the story with Levi? Undercooked? Stiff to miss out? Or just edged out by Liam Jones?

muggle25

What's with the rucks?  Wood #1 supported by Rowe?

tbagrocks

Looks like Mick has gone senile already, where the flog is Levi Casboult? Sheesh if they don't want him ill give them Tom Lynch and Josh Jenkins! WTF?

Ricochet

Interesting TBell is named. If the rumours are true, but not confirmed by tomorrow night, I wonder if he still plays or not

Vinny

Quote from: Nige on April 01, 2015, 06:43:16 PM
What's the story with Levi? Undercooked? Stiff to miss out? Or just edged out by Liam Jones?
Not sure what the deal is with him man. I got the feeling he was just edged out by Jones for the Round 1 start, bit stiff really but looks like he will have to prove himself again. I would have liked to see Levi start and waited for Jones to prove himself. Hopefully Jones doesn't spud it up. It could even be a fitness thing? Hard to tell.

Quote from: muggle25 on April 01, 2015, 06:52:01 PM
What's with the rucks?  Wood #1 supported by Rowe?
Wood was picked because he is fitter at this stager than Warnock is who had a bit of trouble with his shoulder. Warnock was also fit to play but they opted for Wood. Both still shower though, but Kreuzer keeps going down. :'(

Quote from: Ricochet on April 01, 2015, 07:09:19 PM
Interesting TBell is named. If the rumours are true, but not confirmed by tomorrow night, I wonder if he still plays or not
Damn, if the rumours are true..that is flowering disappointing. Improved big time last year and is looking like he could really be a gun. Fingers crossed!  :-X

Pkbaldy

Mat0369

Walker out injured, Smith will be the sub, our coach is still a fluckstick playing Jones ahead of Levi. Cripps will get a shot this week to play a full game but when Walker comes back it might not look good for his JS although I think he will be eased in as the sub. We have no fit rucks so Wood gets the game and somehow Levi still doesn't play

Mat0369

Speaking of Spdunock earlier in another thread, this guy has been a complete disaster for us.

We traded picks 24 (Suban), 56 (Ben Bucovaz) and 72 for Spudnock and pick 69 (which it doesn't even look like we owned reading back). We then gave him a long term deal worth over 400k a season which was big money for a guy that had barely played any footy and was having shoulder issues. He comes over, doesn't play due to the bum shoulder and then the following season Sauce ends up ahead of him on the depth chart because he is a more talented player.

Sauce is coming out of contract and due to having Kreuz, Hammer and Spudnock we couldn't guarantee he would get a spot since we had so much invested in the other 3 (mainly Warnock's contract which hindered us even though the coaches rated Sauce the better player) and we are forced to trade him. In return for Sauce we got picks 34 (McCarthy) and 67 (McInnes). While McInnes showerd a fair bit in his first season and looked like he could be a good AFL footy player that didn't end up being the case (although I still think we should have kept him) and now both those guys are no longer on our list. So we basically lost an AA ruck for nada.

So effectively we still have Warnock who is not an AFL standard player while losing Sauce, a bunch of picks gaining nothing in return for the picks we did gain. Oh and to top it off, he is having shoulder issues again.

Mat0369

Well some bad news from the VFL practice game

QuoteCarlton recruits Mark Whiley and Jason Tutt have staked their claims for a spot in Mick Malthouse's round two side after solid hit-outs in a VFL practice match on Good Friday.

Playing for the Northern Blues against Hawthorn affiliate Box Hill (which fielded no AFL players), Tutt and Whiley were the chief ball-winners in their side's 31-point loss - 7.8 (50) to 12.9 (81).

Working up and down the wing of Ikon Park, ex-Western Bulldog Tutt showed some of his customary dash which Carlton sorely missed in the second half of its 27-point season-opening loss to Richmond.

The 23-year-old collected 21 touches and also booted a goal after a quick snap in the fourth quarter.

After a slow start to his first game of 2015, Whiley caught fire in the second term when he racked up 10 disposals. The 22-year-old midfielder, who was traded by Greater Western Sydney last year, finished with 20 touches.

The Northern Blues outfit boasted 16 AFL-listed players, however they simply couldn't contain last year's beaten Grand Finalists.

Emerging on-baller Nick Graham ran tirelessly throughout the contest to finish with 21 touches for the Blues, while Dennis Armfield (16 possessions and a goal) was tough in the clinches.

Dillon Viojo-Rainbow, pick 28 in last year's NAB AFL Draft, did some nice things off half-back and through the centre, with his piercing left-foot a highlight in a mostly scrappy affair.

During one passage of play the 19-year-old from the Western Jets burst through a tackle in the centre square and in one motion swung onto his left boot to deliver a daisy-cutting ball onto the chest of a teammate inside 50.

Fellow draftee Blaine Boekhorst was well held across half-forward.

Key forward Levi Casboult, overlooked by Mick Malthouse against the Tigers after playing 19 games and kicking 29 goals in 2014, booted one major and had a strong presence playing most of the match in the ruck.

Hawthorn held its AFL-listed players out of the match after a searching intra-squad practice match during the week

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2015-04-03/whiley-tutt-impress-in-vfl-practice-match

16 AFL listed players to 0 and lost. That isn't good. Whiley playing well with Graham puts pressure on Cripps, Tutt will be the sub

Mat0369

Mark Maclure had some interesting comments about Carlton and Malthouse on the post game

quinny88

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 06, 2015, 06:36:48 PM
Mark Maclure had some interesting comments about Carlton and Malthouse on the post game

I saw that! He didnt want to say much but sounded like he wanted him gone for sure

Mat0369

Quote from: quinny88 on April 06, 2015, 07:50:26 PM
I saw that! He didnt want to say much but sounded like he wanted him gone for sure

He was critical of him a few times last year as well but he has a point. I have brought it up countless times so I won't get into it again. I am becoming like a broken record

Vinny

Blues Injury Update:

- Matthew Kreuzer is back running on the track and should be back in 3 weeks.
- Daisy doesn't require surgery and there is no major damage in the shoulder joint, back in 5-6.
- Warnock has had a sore shoulder for last couple weeks, test for this week will possibly line-up vs WCE.
- Jaksch hurt his ribs vs Tiges, will be fit in 1-2 weeks.
- Andy Walker recovering nicely and will be playing in 2 weeks, heard he might run in the VFL this week.

Also for anyone wondering why Casboult didn't play on the weekend. Purely down to form, Mick wasn't happy with his performances throughout the NAB with 0 goals and didn't perform the week before Round 1 in the VFL so Jones got the nod. Played in the ruck for the Northern Blues on the weekend and kicked on goal, had a presence so might seem him line-up on the weekend.