Main Menu

Blues 2016 H&A Discussion

Started by Vinny, April 01, 2015, 06:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

They have 1, 8, 11, 19 then a massive gap to 59, 60 and 113 as their last pick.

I can see a club bidding for Silvagni as well which will cost them spots

meow meow

Cameron Wood will probably go onto the senior list, taking the total to 34. Clubs can go with 38 on the senior list if they want to.

Holz

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 28, 2015, 11:36:04 PM
Holman is the big surprise out of those ones. He showed a bit this year in the games he played. Fields is apparently giving the NFL a shot.

The other spud ruck hasn't been delisted yet.

this just doesnt make any sense. You draft him pick 51. He plays 8 games this year and gets dropped.

surely you dont have soo many guns on your list that you cant keep him.

Mat0369

Quote from: Holz on October 30, 2015, 12:26:27 PM
this just doesnt make any sense. You draft him pick 51. He plays 8 games this year and gets dropped.

surely you dont have soo many guns on your list that you cant keep him.

I am thinking maybe a couple get rookie listed

fanTCfool

Speaking of rookies, anyone catch your collective eyes in the PSD?
Wright is the main one for me, though Simpkin and Kane Mitchell have also caught my eye.

King Cripps

I really hope we pick up Wright, he is a good player and will get games as that half forward that can go through the mid role.

blue

Just read a phantom draft which had us taking
1 weitering
11 Harry McKay
14 burton
23 Ben McKay
Fair bit of unknown  with burton
But I think this is my wish list

King Cripps

The way I see it Silvagni clearly was eying someone off when he was looking for those draft picks so as long as it isn't someone that I've never heard of or someone we could've got at pick 19 I will be happy with Weitering and two other up and comers.

Mat0369

I am curious to see if we go after Grimley.

fanTCfool

Next year, ruck wise, are we:

• Kreuz
  • Phillips
  • Gorringe
  • Wood
or something else?

Mat0369

Rhymes with Orange will be number 2. I didn't realise we could grab him as a delisted FA, that's a really good move for us. He was one guy I would have been targeting and I think I mentioned when I said one of the GC rucks.

Apparently Holman is training with the group at the moment and it looks like we will rookie list him. That's another good move, I like what he showed and I think he deserves a spot on the list. If we can grab Grimley and Wright to add to the mix with the draftees I think the offseason has been as good as we could have expected. A ton of youth with potential in an age bracket we seriously lack, a few senior bodies with experience and some very good depth in positions we are weak (especially in the ruck)

Nige

Yeah, I think Gorringe will be second for you guys. He offers more than Phillips does athletically and isn't hopeless around the ground.

Bully

Hearing that Aaron Francis is playing some smoke and mirrors tricks to stay in Adelaide, I say Carlton must pick him at 8 if available. He's the type of player you can build a team around, could well be the best player from the draft. Big call considering SOS has dealt with many walk outs at GWS but one has to pick the best available. Weitering, Francis, Balic & Collins would be a great start in the rebuild.

blue

Quote from: King Cripps on November 01, 2015, 12:11:28 AM
I really hope we pick up Wright, he is a good player and will get games as that half forward that can go through the mid role.
Can't we just sign him as a delisted free agent?

blue

Quote from: blue on November 06, 2015, 09:03:24 PM
Just read a phantom draft which had us taking
1 weitering
11 Harry McKay
14 burton
23 Ben McKay
Fair bit of unknown  with burton
But I think this is my wish list
Changed my wish list
1 weitering
11 Oliver