Main Menu

Blues 2016 H&A Discussion

Started by Vinny, April 01, 2015, 06:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanTCfool

Quote from: Bully on November 15, 2015, 08:00:49 PM
Hearing that Aaron Francis is playing some smoke and mirrors tricks to stay in Adelaide, I say Carlton must pick him at 8 if available. He's the type of player you can build a team around, could well be the best player from the draft. Big call considering SOS has dealt with many walk outs at GWS but one has to pick the best available. Weitering, Francis, Balic & Collins would be a great start in the rebuild.

I agree, him or Weideman are locks, I guess you take whoever is there at pick 8, but who knows if you can choose between both...
I prefer Francis, but if he is trying so hard to get to the Crows, will he play with passion for the Blues?
Shouldn't make a difference realistically.

RiOtChEsS

Antho Witto

I certainly hope so ;D
But I doubt it he is too good.

Weitering
Schache
Parish
Francis
Curnow
Milera
weideman
Oliver

That is locked in for me.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Bully on November 15, 2015, 08:00:49 PM
Hearing that Aaron Francis is playing some smoke and mirrors tricks to stay in Adelaide, I say Carlton must pick him at 8 if available. He's the type of player you can build a team around, could well be the best player from the draft. Big call considering SOS has dealt with many walk outs at GWS but one has to pick the best available. Weitering, Francis, Balic & Collins would be a great start in the rebuild.
Good luck to him, because there is no flowering way he's staying in Adelaide  :P

blue

King Cripps

Very happy with the draft this year although I wished we swapped Cunningham with Collins. Anyways who do you think will be playing round 1 out of the boys we drafted this year?

RiOtChEsS

agreed, so stoked with our first 3 picks 8)

powersuperkents

Blues supporters can stick the middle finger at the sports journos who described them as draft losers last year (a huge call for a journo to make the day after the draft hahaha).

The Blues draft haul this season will more than make-up for the arguable selections in the past. I'm not too familiar with Cunningham and I thought that you guys were going to walk away with a sliding Balic as well. But I honestly see a side with key position players and various talls that will be the envy of most clubs in the long-term - they look to have nailed this draft (I think this draft would have been satisfying to almost all teams - but by head count, I see the Lions, Bombers, Giants, Demons, & Blues walking away with the biggest smiles)

I see Carlton advancing from here in the same way as GWS (I initially thought the club was flowered but now I'm looking forward to watching them over the next 5 seasons)

Holz

Quote from: powersuperkents on November 25, 2015, 01:40:18 AM
Blues supporters can stick the middle finger at the sports journos who described them as draft losers last year (a huge call for a journo to make the day after the draft hahaha).

The Blues draft haul this season will more than make-up for the arguable selections in the past. I'm not too familiar with Cunningham and I thought that you guys were going to walk away with a sliding Balic as well. But I honestly see a side with key position players and various talls that will be the envy of most clubs in the long-term - they look to have nailed this draft (I think this draft would have been satisfying to almost all teams - but by head count, I see the Lions, Bombers, Giants, Demons, & Blues walking away with the biggest smiles)

I see Carlton advancing from here in the same way as GWS (I initially thought the club was flowered but now I'm looking forward to watching them over the next 5 seasons)

to be fair drafted pretty poorly last year.

Boekenhurst  when Laverde avilable
Vojo Rainbow over Miller, Blakely etc.

did really well this yearthough.

Curnow probably slipped with the off field stuff.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Holz on November 25, 2015, 11:03:46 AM
Quote from: powersuperkents on November 25, 2015, 01:40:18 AM

to be fair drafted pretty poorly last year.

Boekenhurst  when Laverde avilable
Vojo Rainbow over Miller, Blakely etc.

did really well this yearthough.

Curnow probably slipped with the off field stuff.
The change of staff is really making significant differences at Carlton and Melbourne

blue

Quote from: King Cripps on November 24, 2015, 11:04:02 PM
Very happy with the draft this year although I wished we swapped Cunningham with Collins. Anyways who do you think will be playing round 1 out of the boys we drafted this year?
I have no issues with Cunningham, all the others that I wanted ( burton, McKay and Gresham ) were already taken

King Cripps

Grazz

If I was a Blues supporter it would be hard to get the smile off my face, did very well.  ;)

blue

Quote from: King Cripps on November 25, 2015, 03:11:16 PM
You didn't rate Collins?
It's not that I don't rate him it's just he was not on my wish list but neither was Cunnington. Anyway won't SOSSOS be our fullback for the next 20 years

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Grazz on November 25, 2015, 03:13:16 PM
If I was a Blues supporter it would be hard to get the smile off my face, did very well.  ;)
yes very happy 8)