Ringos 2021 Team

Started by Ringo, December 23, 2020, 07:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Sitting Team till we know rookies next week $16k. Named Rookies who I think may play but some are 50/50 eg Treacy and Briggs

Tried to avoid players below $500k and think Rowell and Houston sound at just below that figure.

If cash required to adjust rookies:

Plan A Neale down to Bontempelli - We know he only has to move to get SC points. Neale with a break even of 134 plays Sydney and he does not have a good record against them career average 80 (86,45, 112,44, 110,108,55) so fall in price could be on the cards. Frees up 100k to adjust rookies and maybe upgrade Houston/Rowell.

Plan B Rowell down to Taranto/Green risky M5.

Plan C Risky Downgrade Zorko to Phillips 

Plan D If only minimum cash injection required downgrade Impey to a playing rook.

11 definite keepers plus Rowell and maybeif both Zeibell and Daniher stay fit and play to the previous form F5 and F6

Nice bye structure as well

whynot102

Rings looking good why Zorko and your thoughts on Jarrod Berry
Quote from: Ringo on March 10, 2021, 11:21:29 AM

Sitting Team till we know rookies next week $16k. Named Rookies who I think may play but some are 50/50 eg Treacy and Briggs

Tried to avoid players below $500k and think Rowell and Houston sound at just below that figure.

Plan A Neale down to Bontempelli - We know he only has to move to get SC points. Neale with a break even of 134 plays Sydney and he does not have a good record against them career average 80 (86,45, 112,44, 110,108,55) so fall in price could be on the cards. Frees up 100k to adjust rookies and maybe upgrade Houston/Rowell.

Plan D If only minimum cash injection required downgrade Impey to a playing rook.

11 definite keepers plus Rowell and maybeif both Zeibell and Daniher stay fit and play to the previous form F5 and F6

Samsturmfels

Nice team. Your team structure is very similar from mine apart from an extra premo in the mid instead of fwd line (danger) and that you have an extra fwd midpricer in daniher vs i spend up from merett to Macrae and i have short and warner instead of houston and Daniher .

Love that you still pick alot of lions players.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 10, 2021, 09:25:14 PM
Nice team. Your team structure is very similar from mine apart from an extra premo in the mid instead of fwd line (danger) and that you have an extra fwd midpricer in daniher vs i spend up from merett to Macrae and i have short and warner instead of houston and Daniher .

took him about 4 years to stop picking rich :)

+1 on why zorko

Ringo

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 10, 2021, 09:44:29 PM
Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 10, 2021, 09:25:14 PM

took him about 4 years to stop picking rich :)

+1 on why zorko
Thanks guys Zorko is a speculative pick with spending more time forward he could increase his scoring by kicking more goals and can tackle as well.  Depending on rookies etc F! may be Zorko, Dusty or Dunkley.

Neale will be a top mid so picks himself.

Fullarton will replace McStay and hoping to get price rise out of him before McStay returns.

Daniher we know and trust he can perform for Lions.

Are you going to Easter Thursday Collie?

Colliwobblers

I certainly am. Great team by the way and thanks for advice as always.

Got an interstate membership again for me and my daughters this year, haven't looked at reserved seats or details yet (probably should)

There's teams I can't abide losing to, west coast, geelong,  fortunately Brisbane isn't one of them.

You?

Ringo

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 10, 2021, 10:13:08 PM

Got an interstate membership again for me and my daughters this year, haven't looked at reserved seats or details yet (probably should)

There's teams I can't abide losing to, west coast, geelong,  fortunately Brisbane isn't one of them.

You?
Full membership as usual so have reserved seats. May get to use September membership this year after all. Priority allocation to finals tickets. 

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ringo on March 10, 2021, 10:20:12 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 10, 2021, 10:13:08 PM

You?
Full membership as usual so have reserved seats. May get to use September membership this year after all. Priority allocation to finals tickets.

Yes be a good year for the Lions finals are certain.

Pies membership is worth it for anzac day alone. I'll go back to full next year I think. lot to pay (family) for 2-3 games a year + finals if any being interstate but worth it none the less. Wasn't game to fork out this year given travel uncertainties but looks like we are on top of all that now thank goodness.

Will touch base before the game maybe we can catch up and say hi finally.

Ringo

Quote from: whynot102 on March 10, 2021, 09:22:17 PM
Rings looking good why Zorko and your thoughts on Jarrod Berry
Quote from: Ringo on March 10, 2021, 11:21:29 AM

Berry and Bailey are the 2 I am picking from Lions to go to next level similar to Clugg last year,

Ringo

Here are 2 Teams for consideration

Team 1 with the 4,4,2,1 Prem structure plus Rowell

Team 2 with a 5 ,5, 2 Structure with Zeibell and Daniher possibly being keepers at F5 and F6.

Risky but warming to Team 2.

Colliwobblers

i think team 2 is better.

i think my best team was the one that had two forwards in the midfield... i just couldnt do it :)

i would have clark in the second team. if at all possible.

Mat0369

If you went with team one but turned Rowell into Taranto can you afford to turn Houston into Ridley? If you could that is the structure I would go with.

Ringo

Have settled on this team with possible changes to D4 and F1
Basically Stewart and Martin v Short/Howe and Dunkley. Final decision maybe based on rookies playing.

Using Bramble at M9 as floating donut due to Hawks Initial Draw.

Reasonable bye Structure

Samsturmfels

Hey Ringo, whats Jordans JS like? as id assume once Melksham and Viney return Jordan could be pushed out of the side (although i know nothing about him).

Is durdin just a placeholder or are you expecting him to play? (as he didnt feature in the preseason game).

Id also consider picking Anthony Scott as he is likely to play and scored a 79 in 82% game time in the practice game. Although i am not totally sure on his JS, he is a mature-aged player and doggies have lost Mclean and Crozier for a long period of time. Also scott can play multiple positions.

Ringo

Thank You - As I said dependent on rookies being named. Scott if named will come in. Happy with prems now apart from above and starting to lean towards Short and Dunkley.