Ringos 2021 Team

Started by Ringo, December 23, 2020, 07:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Structure looks pretty solid. I think it's all going to depend on rookies moving forward and who is available.

Ringo

With 2 days to first game time to list my probable Rd 1 team.

If more cash required for higher priced rookies then theses are possible adjustments
Dusty down to Cripps.

Left Lloyd out as he is coming off injury and suspect he may not be at peak and could possibly fall in value. Have gone Young over Clarke mainly because of JS but if Clarke retains position in team with Duncan returning may trade down as correctional trade for extra cash and better cash generation.

Will be using M9 for the floating donut now that that Flynn is confirmed (After this week Hawks have 5 Sunday games)

Just now awaiting rookie confirmations.

Bully

Impressive squad, think you will get off to a good start.

Telescopic

Cheers for all your help on my team Ringo!

Young, as you identified, probably has better job security than Clark. His ceiling as scorer though is quite limited IMO though. So if Clark doesn't play and you need cash for rookies, I like Butts from Adelaide over Young.

Regardless, impressive team and I wish you the best of luck with it!

greco272

Are you confident Fullarton, Bergman, Rowe, Durdin and Scott are going to play every week?

Colliwobblers

12 premium keepers, outstanding, 2 fwds in the mids but I'll turn a blind eye to that :)

Still got the three mid priced cows too, I agree on Lloyd, not sure he'll start slow but think the extra 100K is more useful elsewhere and make him #1 upgrade target. Feel the same way about Neale, but fat chance of getting him out of your team :)

I'm backing Clark in the geelong article buoyed me and I'm clueless on young. 

Looks like your best side yet only worry being the low priced rooks but fingers crossed they all get named.

I wouldn't be upset having cripps if thats required and theres always a bit of coin if you bring short back in for ridley, im also locked on daniel and stewart, and laird but i have short for $$ saving.

Good luck for the season, I've got my membership sorted so I'll be seeing you the first Thursday in April.

Mat0369

I think you may need to use some of that extra cash for rookies. I don't think Chugg, and Durdin will play. You also have Bramble as your rolling donut which is fair, but you may end up with a few donuts at those spots with the other two.

You have a feeling Smith will get Rayner's spot?

Quote from: greco272 on March 16, 2021, 08:37:15 PM
Are you confident Fullarton, Bergman, Rowe, Durdin and Scott are going to play every week?

They won't unfortunately. I don't see Durdin getting a gig for a while. Fullarton is in for McStay if he plays but the Lions will probably be too top heavy with Daniher, Hipwood and Fullarton all in the same team. Bergman is a 50/50 proposition and could be out just as quick as he goes in. I would only hold him as a bench option

Ringo

Thanks to all

Already made some adjustments to rookies as we get more and more information.  Moved Ely Smith to replace Durdin and Brought in Bruhn.  Awaiting listing to decide on defence but if nothing eventuates Chugg may  become Murray.

McStay is probably gone for the first 3 rounds at least so Fullarton will make some cash and an easy downgrade to rookies that come in.

Hoping to hear something in the next day or two confirming Elys debut but word is he will get first go at it over Mattheson.

Bully

Quote from: Ringo on March 17, 2021, 11:01:26 AM
Thanks to all

Already made some adjustments to rookies as we get more and more information.  Moved Ely Smith to replace Durdin and Brought in Bruhn.  Awaiting listing to decide on defence but if nothing eventuates Chugg may  become Murray.

McStay is probably gone for the first 3 rounds at least so Fullarton will make some cash and an easy downgrade to rookies that come in.

Hoping to hear something in the next day or two confirming Elys debut but word is he will get first go at it over Mattheson.

Fullarton to Treacy is firmly in my sights, 2-3 price rises might be enough. Clearly he won't play the whole season but that's not the point.

Ringo

Final Team for Rd 1:

Regretting the Dow Pick but even he averages 65 will still make 150k by rd 7. Adjustments made with rookies and using Bramble as the floating donut.

Bully

Reckon you should switch Bramble to Fyfe, means you can loop your mid & defensive bench.

Ringo

Thought of that but concerned that he may be named as emergency sub and hawks now have 5 Sunday games so perfect. 

Bully

Quote from: Ringo on March 20, 2021, 01:10:30 PM
Thought of that but concerned that he may be named as emergency sub and hawks now have 5 Sunday games so perfect.

Reckon he's a mile off being selected, Brisbane play early so plant the E on Sharp & switch Fyfe with Laird if Sharp does well. Honestly reckon a roving loophole is the way to go.

Ringo

Quote from: Bully on March 20, 2021, 01:16:09 PM
Quote from: Ringo on March 20, 2021, 01:10:30 PM

Reckon he's a mile off being selected, Brisbane play early so plant the E on Sharp & switch Fyfe with Laird if Sharp does well. Honestly reckon a roving loophole is the way to go.
Done the change for better or worse but can see the logic.

Ringo

Well Rd 1 done and dusted:

Rd 1 Score 2031
Rd 2 Position: 16305

Like most disappointed at the GG Ruck but am keeping with them.

Playing Berry over Gulden hurt scores a bit. Should have gone with head and not heart on Neal knowing that swans usually keep him low and having the C on him hurt.

Rd 1 Team:

Trades to be done Danger to Titchell or Dunkley if gone for 2 weeks or more,
Will keep if only 2 weeks.
Will continue to monitor rookies and may look at adjustments Rd 3, Jordan the main one really missing.