Ringos 2021 Team

Started by Ringo, December 23, 2020, 07:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

This will not be my starting team obviously but posting initial team here for information.

Defenders
Jake Lloyd $656,400
Lachie Whitfield $561,600
Zac Williams $458,600
Wayne Milera $312,200
Heath Chapman $148,800
Lachlan Jones $139,800

Rory Thompson $123,900
Joel Jeffrey $102,400

Midfielders
Lachie Neale $721,800
Clayton Oliver $656,700
Tom Mitchell $610,000
Taylor Adams $588,800
Matt Rowell $495,100
Dyson Heppell $319,100
Will Phillips $198,300
Tom Powell $153,300

Nakia Cockatoo $123,900
Maurice Rioli $117,300
Aiden Fyfe $102,400

Rucks
Brodie Grundy $648,200
Braydon Preuss $303,000

Josh Treacy $102,400

Forwards

Patrick Dangerfield $611,900
Rowan Marshall $557,200
Isaac Heeney $454,500
Joe Daniher $233,300
Mark Hutchings $157,600
Fraser Rosman $117,300

Phoenix Spicer $117,300
Isaac Chugg $102,400

Have used a variety of rookie values to allow adjustment.
Have used a mid pricer on each line and basically believe they all can raise money quickly of starting to allow upgrades. Trick will be to cash out when at peak prior to losing money ala Jack Viney.

Went for Grundy in rucks over Gawn mainly due to the 100k price saving with hopefully being able to upgrade Preuss to Gawn around byes.

Not entirely sold on Danger at F1 but given past performances and Geelong's juicy early draw decided he had to be in.

So many mid options this year so there will not be too many cookie cutter teams this year,

Hopefully 13 premiums (including Rowell as premium at this stage) can remain healthy. and SC gods smile on us this year.

crowls

Hi ringo,  like watching rowell play but as a still first year player I dont think there is enough upside.   At best probably a 100pt avg,   Why take the risk when there is other options.     Cripps has upside,  Walsh avg 119 for back half of last season has upside,  Heppell I can understand.    Feel there are safer options with less downside risk than Rowell. 

Joe will be an interesting choice,  definitely capable of putting some big games together.    Probably look at him nearer season start and how desperate I get for cash.   Until then I am happy with my marshall, martin, Heeney, Ladhams, fwd line. 
Have good xmas and new year.   Cheers

Drak

Quote from: crowls on December 25, 2020, 12:34:39 PM
Hi ringo,  like watching rowell play but as a still first year player I dont think there is enough upside.   At best probably a 100pt avg,   Why take the risk when there is other options.     Cripps has upside,  Walsh avg 119 for back half of last season has upside,  Heppell I can understand.    Feel there are safer options with less downside risk than Rowell. 

Joe will be an interesting choice,  definitely capable of putting some big games together.    Probably look at him nearer season start and how desperate I get for cash.   Until then I am happy with my marshall, martin, Heeney, Ladhams, fwd line. 
Have good xmas and new year.   Cheers

as still a first year player? He was probably leading the brownlow till he got injured. Or at least 2nd.

The kid is a Jet and undervalued at 500k.

for a first year player.....

If you don't have Rowell in your team, you are bonkers.

Money Shot

Very strong first attempt.

You have a lot of similar players to mine so it is hard to fault.

Milera is an interesting one. I think myself as well as a lot of players were thinking he’d breakout in 2019 as he had a strong finish to 2018 but never really did. He is underpriced but I think with so many defenders capable of 100+ he isn’t really worth the risk.

Love all the other selections though.

Ringo

had a play around to see what a team with Gawn at R1 looks like. Reasoning Gawn may be out of reach if he starts strong whereas may be able to upgrade to Grundy.

Did not realise how cheap Taranto is. Would love to fit Sidebottom in as I think he will benefit from Treloars departure. Left Mitchell out due to doubt on him for Rd 1.

Anyone Comparisons of two teams with the different R1. Both teams have Lloyd, Neale and Danger as first choce in their positions.

Defenders

Jake Lloyd $656,400
Lachie Whitfield $561,600
Zac Williams $458,600
Wayne Milera $312,200
Heath Chapman $148,800
Lachlan Jones $139,800

Rory Thompson $123,900
Joel Jeffrey $102,400

Midfielders

Lachie Neale $721,800
Josh Kelly $615,600
Taylor Adams $588,800
Matt Rowell $495,100
Tim Taranto $453,700
Dyson Heppell $319,100
Will Phillips $198,300
Tom Powell $153,300

Nakia Cockatoo $123,900
Maurice Rioli $117,300
Aiden Fyfe $102,400

Rucks

Max Gawn $751,400
Braydon Preuss $303,000

Josh Treacy $102,400

Forwards

Patrick Dangerfield $611,900
Rowan Marshall $557,200
Dustin Martin $541,600
Joe Daniher $233,300
Mark Hutchings $157,600
Fraser Rosman $117,300

Beau McCreery $117,300
Isaac Chugg $102,400

Peter

Good side to date, just not sure on Heppell, over a couple of GC players. Guess it depends on how they start.

Ringo

So after release of SC have now updated side.  Players in Bold Keepers, Maybe Keepers but not necessarily

Rd 12 ByeRd 13 Bye Rd 14 Bye,

Backs: Lloyd, Whitfield, Williams, Milera Thompson, Gould,   (Highmore, Fyfe)
Mid; Neale, Oliver, Josh Kelly, Adams Rowell Phillips, Campbell, Durdin  (Bianco, Rioli, Davies)
Ruck: Grundy Preuss  (Fullarton)
Fwds: Sidebottom, Marshall, Martin, Zieball, Daniher, Cockatoo  (Macrae, Chugg)

Will decide on R3 when I work out number of late games between Brisbane Fullarton and Fremantle Treacy. Fullarton may be a cash cow as well.

Maybe heavy on Rd 14 byes but that can be managed.

Mat0369

If you're starting Josh Kelly prepare for him to miss games at the wkrst possible time and have no info on why he is missing. I've had jim the last three years and it's a bloody nightmare. I like the Adams pick but prefer him in AF/DT. The Pies midfield was pretty decimated at times last year which saw him play a lot of time in the guts. Treloar out would make you think he sees a lot of time in the middle but his DE is the worry and would be the reason he can't take the next step.

Ringo

Thanks Matt

Points taken and as we know the chances of these teams at this time of the year may not be the start team due to rookies unknown.  Plenty of options around the price as well. Another difficulty this year is only one round of pre-season to observe.

Mat0369

My gut tells me the rookie situation is going to be tough this year. A lot of guys got games last year which sees them priced higher than normal. It was a weak draft class so we may not see as many kids get games come round 1 and with the first couple picks being KPP you aren't getting a Rowell/Walsh type. I'm thinking we need a few mid priced options and there is a lot of value in the midfield. Ziebell and Daniher will also be pretty popular picks for this reason

Ringo

Thanks Matt we just wait and see on rookies. Have some room for maneuverability. 

Ringo

This will be my sitting team.  Unfortunately with only one round of preseason plus some interclub trials will be hard to gauge any change of roles.

Some changes and depending injuries - Whitfield more than likely will be Laird and Titchell  Macrae

Def: Lloyd, Whitfield, Williams, Grainger-Barass, Jones, Gould  (Thompson, Wehr)
Mids: Neale, Oliver, Merrett, Mitchell, Rowell, Phillips, Campbell, Perkins  (Ely Smith, Valente, Davies)
Rucks; Grundy, Preuss  (Treacy)
Fwds: Dunkley, Marshall, Martin Ziebell, Daniher, Cockatoo (Macrae, Chugg)

Bye structure for prems.
Rd 12: Whitfield, Mitchell Rowell, Preuss, Zeibell
Rd 13: Williams, Neale, Zerrett, Dunkley, Martin, Daniher, Cockatoo
Rd 14: Lloyd, Oliver, Grundy, Marshall.

Forward prems may change but happy at the moment. Dunkley the question mark but I believe he will still find a lot of the ball even if playing solely forward.

$65k left for adjustments and a lot of top priced rookies chosen that may be downgraded.

Sabretooth Tigers

:)

Nice team again Ringo. Curoius though ...   Fullarton  V  Treacy  ??  I saw the St Kilda game and thought he definitely looked like a pretty good up and comer. Might it be the bye situation  ?  Sampson Ryan for Richmond reminds me of a taller version of a young Grundy with his ground play, can't wait to see how he developes. I thought Titchell was doubtful for Rd.1  Perhaps a little light on for captaincy options if using the loop hole.  Nice team overall  All the best, cheers.

;)

Ringo

Thanks Sabre

Plans for changes are Mitchell to Rockliff and Whitfield to Stewart if either out for Rd 1 but this may change as well when we see rookies available.  Even considering dropping Dusty and going with this forward line - Dunkley, Marshall, Zeibell, Daniher, Dow and Cockato. to strengthen other lines if rookies do not eventuate.

Ashmore62

Quote from: Ringo on February 11, 2021, 04:53:33 PM
Thanks Sabre

Plans for changes are Mitchell to Rockliff and Whitfield to Stewart if either out for Rd 1 but this may change as well when we see rookies available.  Even considering dropping Dusty and going with this forward line - Dunkley, Marshall, Zeibell, Daniher, Dow and Cockato. to strengthen other lines if rookies do not eventuate.

My only concern Ringo is if don't start G & G in Ruck, you could be starting a fair way back.