Ringos 2021 Team

Started by Ringo, December 23, 2020, 07:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: Ashmore62 on February 11, 2021, 07:16:43 PM
Quote from: Ringo on February 11, 2021, 04:53:33 PM
Thanks Sabre

Plans for changes are Mitchell to Rockliff and Whitfield to Stewart if either out for Rd 1 but this may change as well when we see rookies available.  Even considering dropping Dusty and going with this forward line - Dunkley, Marshall, Zeibell, Daniher, Dow and Cockato. to strengthen other lines if rookies do not eventuate.

My only concern Ringo is if don't start G & G in Ruck, you could be starting a fair way back.

Know where you are coming from re rookies. My re-done current team only has two rookies, Grainger-Barrass and L Jones on the field. This is a team I would not pick even after multiple liquid refreshments but have done purely as a starting point if the worst happens. It's not inconcieivable that we may only get enough playing rookies to fill our benches. Hope I'm just being pessimistic, but imagine the panicked changes if that were to occur. And how hard would it become to upgrade to either Gawn or Grundy.

;)

Ringo

Two Teams sitting on and will make decisions prior to Rd 1

Team 1 lower priced rucks:

Def: Lloyd, Whitfield, Williams, Grainger-Barass, Jones, Gould  (Thompson, Wehr)
Mids: Neale, Oliver, Merrett, Mitchell, Rowell, Phillips, Campbell, Perkins  (Ely Smith, Valente, Davies)
Rucks; Grundy, Preuss  (Treacy)
Fwds: Dunkley, Marshall, Martin Ziebell, Daniher, Cockatoo (Macrae, Chugg)

Team 2 GG Rucks
Def: Lloyd, Laird, Williams, Grainger-Barass, Jones, Gould  (Thompson, Wehr)
Mids: Neale, Oliver, Merrett, Dangerfield, Rowell, Phillips, Campbell, Perkins  (Ely Smith, Valente, Davies)
Rucks: Gawn, Grundy (Treacy)
Fwds: Marshall, Heeney, Ziebell, Daniher, Dow, Cockaroo  ((Macrae, Chugg)

This team very Rd 4 bye premium heavy though.  Danger in mids to enable upgrades if one of Ziebell, Daniher or Dow come out firing,

Both teams have a lot of M/F Rookies for easy interchange.

Money Shot

I really like the GG team.

Very similar to mine and I like the danger in the middle pick. It gives you that extra flexibility if something does go wrong up forward.

Very dependant on 3 on field rookies getting up on in the backline but if they do then I really like it.

Ashmore62

Quote from: Ringo on February 12, 2021, 11:44:18 AM

Def: Lloyd, Whitfield, Williams, Grainger-Barass, Jones, Gould  (Thompson, Wehr)
Mids: Neale, Oliver, Merrett, Mitchell, Rowell, Phillips, Campbell, Perkins  (Ely Smith, Valente, Davies)

Team 2 GG Rucks
Mids: Neale, Oliver, Merrett, Dangerfield, Rowell, Phillips, Campbell, Perkins  (Ely Smith, Valente, Davies)

This team very Rd 4 bye premium heavy though.  Danger in mids to enable upgrades if one of Ziebell, Daniher or Dow come out firing,

Team 2 Ringo ..can not fault.

Ringo

Quote from: Ashmore62 on February 12, 2021, 02:27:20 PM
Quote from: Ringo on February 12, 2021, 11:44:18 AM

Team 2 GG Rucks

Team 2 Ringo ..can not fault.
Thanks for the comments and warming to Team 2.  Laird and Heeney may be shunted for Stewart and Zorko (Biased but not entirely set on him but he played most of last year with a niggle.)
Now gives me this reasonably even bye structure
Rd 12 - Stewart, Dangerfield Rowell and Ziebell if still in play.
Rd 13 - Williams Neale, Merrett, Zorko and Daniher if still in play.
Rd 14 - Lloyd, Oliver, Gawn, Grundy, Marsall

Mat0369

I think it's going to be tough to find good rookies this year so I like thr flexibility of the Preuss option at R2.

I read an article on Zorko the other day that said he is expecting to play forward the majority of the time. He should still have a decent floor with his tackling but it may hurt his scores.

I keep reading Rayner is expected to move into the midfield on a more permanent basis. He could be a left field option.

Ringo

Thanks Matt

Rayner has returned a lot fitter than last year and as you rightly said is expected to spend more time rolling through mids. However have been burnt by him the last 2 years expecting him to break out.

Looks like with forward options this year it is the line to go week on and surely Zeibell, Daniher can last more than a few games and make cash.  Both have been flying pre-season so that is a good sign.

Difficulty is going to be Rookie mids and defenders and if that occurs may heve to revert to Team 1 structure. 

Ringo

Like most needing to relook at team as a result of injuries to Marshall and Preuss.  Hoping one of the lower priced forwards can be upgraded to Marshall when he resumes.

So this is sitting team version 1034

Def: Lloyd, Laird, Williams, Grainger-Barass, Jones, Gould  (Chugg, Wehr)
Mids: Neale, Oliver, Merrett, Rowell, Taranto, Phillips, Campbell, Cockatoo  (Ely Smith, Valente, Davies)
Fwds: Dunkley, Heeney, Rozee, Ziebell, Daniher, Impey (Macrae, Durdin)

Byes:
Rd 12 Rowell, Taranto, Rozee, Zeibell. Impey
Rd 13 Williams, Neale, Cockatoo, Dunkley, Daniher
Rd 14 Lloyd, Laird, Oliver, Gawn, Grundy, Heeney

Mat0369

I honestly wouldn't pay much attention to the byes  this year. A couple of cases or delayed games and those byes are going to change pretty quickly. Just pick the players you think are best in the positions that you want them.

One guy missing from your squad that I feel is a must have is Heppell.

I would also try not to plan around Heeney considering he is in doubt for round 1 and will likely play deep forward.

Money Shot

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 18, 2021, 12:30:42 AM
I honestly wouldn't pay much attention to the byes  this year. A couple of cases or delayed games and those byes are going to change pretty quickly. Just pick the players you think are best in the positions that you want them.

I would also try not to plan around Heeney considering he is in doubt for round 1 and will likely play deep forward.
Agree with everything Mat has said!

In saying that I like the team apart from the Heeney pick who I have recently went cold on myself.

Ringo

Thanks Guys - Heppell is still under consideration depending on rookies etc. At the moment difficult to get in with prems could downgrade Taranto to him but in my opinion bit of a risk at M5.

Heeney points taken and he is not certain.  Watching DeGoey, Bolton and Rayner in preseason practice matches and the one game.

Just listing byes players for my info usually start considering byes around Rd 7 normally if anything is normal these days.

Ringo

Finally settled on a team and structure to sit.
11 keepers plus Rowell, Heppell, Zeibell and Daniher which I am comfortable with.

DEF: Lloyd, Laird, Luke McDonald, Williams Jones Gould  (Highmore, Chugg)
MID: Neale, Oliver, Merrett, Danger Rowell, Heppell Powell, Ely Smith  (Downie, Gulden, McNeil)
RUCK: Gawn, Grundy  (Flynn)
FWDS: Dusty Martin, Ziebell, Daniher. Impey Campbell, Rowe  (Treacy, Waterman)

Nice bye structure for premiums and possible premiums in italics.

Plan B if rookies do not get named as onl 10k cash left
a) Downgrade Rowell to Green or Taranto
b) Downgrade Dusty to Heeney
c) Downgrade Williams to Duggan

Obviously planning to move Danger forward in due course,

Fire away with criticisms

Money Shot

Very similar looking side to mine so obviously I am a fan!

Slightly thinner on the top end premiums but it allows you to get Heppell in which is very handy.

Great side! I think you’ll start the year very strong.

Ringo

After the preseason games have adjusted team to guns and rookies who I will think start. In selecting the lower priced rookies hoping for more cash gains.

11 definite keepers plus Taranto and maybe one of Zeibell, Daniher, Impey for F6

Def:  Lloyd, Laird, Stewart, Short,Clark, Kosi  (Briggs, Highmore)
Mid: Neale, Oliver, Merrett, Danger, Taranto, Campbell. Powell, Gulden  (Brockman, Downie,Scott)
Ruck: Gawn, Grundy (Flynn)
Fwds; Martin, Zeibell, Daniher, Impey, Fullarton, Rowe (Bergman, Treacy)
!1k cash left

If Flynn not named will sub Meek.

Still debating D4 and M5 - Do I go Duggan and Fyfe instead of Short andTarantol.  Also considering Green instead of Taranto so will be watching tonights game with interest.

Other issue watching is Neale down to Bont given Neales record against Swans and possibility of drop of up to 50k in initial 4 weeks.  Risk but not sure I will do it.

Bully

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 18, 2021, 12:30:42 AM

I was all over Heppell when SC opened but there seems to be a few hollering Admiral Akbar's famous 'It's a trap!' one liner. The pros for me is Saad leaving creates more of a rebounding role which is SC friendly & Heppell has a 85 floor even in that role. The con is he could wind up getting 80s & 90s for the rest of the year & only marginally improve his price. It's a lowish risk and he can also be used in a correction trade if another rookie emerges.