WXV Trade Talk

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2015, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on November 16, 2015, 01:17:10 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 16, 2015, 01:14:07 PM
Glad that we put ourselves into a position where only NAT 18,19,20 and PSD1 are required for our senior list, because although there might be the odd diamond in the rough, this draft doesn't look deep at all which is why we got rid of all picks with NAT 38 being our latest which we will pass on now anyway

Hopefully the PSD and Rookie lists have some gems hidden them
20 to about 40 is pretty even and then it drops off a bit from that, but there will still be okish later picks.
Yeah, I think there's a slight misconception that the talent in this pool dies after the first round or so. The first round or so has some really good talent. As Rico said, the next 20 or so are still in with a chance of becoming good players in the future, but I don't really think there's anything to worry about. 5 mins of research is all you need.

Holz

I dont think I even need to give a reason but surely the Cotchin deal fails.

If Adams is worth that much then Mexico is winning by way to much in the three way deal.

One or both those deals must fail

Nige

Quote from: Holz on November 16, 2015, 01:44:30 PM
Just elaborate in as much detail as you can for what could be the last time this trade period.

Ricochet

Didn't have an issue with it. Cotchin is overrated on FF slightly imo

Purple 77

Quote from: Memphistopheles on November 16, 2015, 12:27:50 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on November 16, 2015, 12:01:04 PM
Probably just a good time to remind everyone about how this year's rookie draft will work:

Seeing as we won't know how many players will be available, everyone will have 4 minus the amount of rookie they have.

For example, one team keeps two rookies, then they will have 2 picks (their first two rookie picks). That team won't be able to use their 3rd and 4th round picks.

After the first 4 rounds, all teams will re-enter the draft and we will keep drafting until all players are drafted.

Hey I was wondering as well - with the National Drft what happens if we run out of players to pick?

My understanding is that this could be the slimmest year for AFL clubs taking players since the WXV started. I know we have delisted WXV players to pick from but, I don't think we will get to 70 picks, let alone further than that.

Just gonna shut my eyes, tilt my head upwards and cross my fingers that this shouldn't be a problem...  :-X

Ringo

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 16, 2015, 02:49:43 PM
Probably just a good time to remind everyone about how this year's rookie draft will work:

Seeing as we won't know how many players will be available, everyone will have 4 minus the amount of rookie they have.

For example, one team keeps two rookies, then they will have 2 picks (their first two rookie picks). That team won't be able to use their 3rd and 4th round picks.

After the first 4 rounds, all teams will re-enter the draft and we will keep drafting until all players are drafted.

Hey I was wondering as well - with the National Drft what happens if we run out of players to pick?

My understanding is that this could be the slimmest year for AFL clubs taking players since the WXV started. I know we have delisted WXV players to pick from but, I don't think we will get to 70 picks, let alone further than that.

Just gonna shut my eyes, tilt my head upwards and cross my fingers that this shouldn't be a problem...  :-X
Need to have a plan B Purps which you can implement after the National Draft. Easy solution is when we know how many players are drafted then you limit the number of Rounds. Should be no problem to cut off at 4 rounds rather than 5 if numbers don't add up. Suspect very few clubs will be exercising 5th Round picks anyway. Consensus is between 65 - 70 players will be taken in draft.

Purple 77

Quote from: Ringo on November 16, 2015, 02:59:02 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on November 16, 2015, 02:49:43 PM

Need to have a plan B Purps which you can implement after the National Draft. Easy solution is when we know how many players are drafted then you limit the number of Rounds. Should be no problem to cut off at 4 rounds rather than 5 if numbers don't add up. Suspect very few clubs will be exercising 5th Round picks anyway. Consensus is between 65 - 70 players will be taken in draft.

Well yeah, the AFL and WXV list lodgements will tell us. I am optimistic we'll be right anyway.

RaisyDaisy

If Adams is worth that much then Mexico is winning by way to much in the three way deal.

If Adams is worth that much? I'd take Adams over Cotchin every day of the week.

Cotchin is insanely overrated

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on November 16, 2015, 02:15:27 PM

He is still a 105 mid in his prime.

The only reason the three way can pass isif people think greenwood and treloar will mean Adams will drop or at least not rise.

If thats true him and a punch of spuds isnt worth a very solid mid option.

Also as its Mexico for the sake of the comp they cant keep picking up these wins everywhere.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on November 16, 2015, 03:24:47 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on November 16, 2015, 02:15:27 PM

He is still a 105 mid in his prime.

The only reason the three way can pass isif people think greenwood and treloar will mean Adams will drop or at least not rise.

If thats true him and a punch of spuds isnt worth a very solid mid option.

Also as its Mexico for the sake of the comp they cant keep picking up these wins everywhere.

Last 2 seasons averaging 101 and 99. He is not a 105 avg mid - might have the potential to be, but isn't

Treloar and Greenwood will keep Adams to around the 95-105 mark IMO and that for Cotchin is fair

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 16, 2015, 03:23:20 PM

So a guy who has 3 seasons in the 70S then broke out into a team with mass injuries. Getting greenwood and treloar back is woeth more thrn a guy who has pumped out multiple 100+ years.

If you rate Adams that highly then im sure your rejecting the deal where they get Adams shaw

All im saying is one trade needs to be rejected. Your opinion on Adams is different to mine

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on November 16, 2015, 03:27:57 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 16, 2015, 03:23:20 PM

So a guy who has 3 seasons in the 70S then broke out into a team with mass injuries. Getting greenwood and treloar back is woeth more thrn a guy who has pumped out multiple 100+ years.

If you rate Adams that highly then im sure your rejecting the deal where they get Adams shaw

All im saying is one trade needs to be rejected. Your opinion on Adams is different to mine

3 seasons in the 70's? He was 19-21 years old. He broke out as a 22 year old which is standard. Cotchin's first 3 years were 66, 62 and 79 and averaged 100 in his 4th year so it's the same thing

There is no way that Cotchin is worth so much more than Adams for it to be rejected - that's just insane and you targeting it because it's Mexico

Personally, I would prefer Adams but that's just me. They are both capable of scoring and averaging the same and in no way is one team a massive winner in that trade, and our 3 way

Ricochet

It's pretty much Adams + Kamdyn for Cotchin

95-100ave mid + KMac for 100-105ave mid. How's that bad?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ricochet on November 16, 2015, 03:57:57 PM

You forgot Laidler

Adams for Cotchin is fair. KMac for Laider is fair. 78 for Hocking is fair

There is simply no way that Mexico is winning that by so much that it should be rejected

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 16, 2015, 04:01:22 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on November 16, 2015, 03:57:57 PM

You forgot Laidler

Adams for Cotchin is fair. KMac for Laider is fair. 78 for Hocking is fair

There is simply no way that Mexico is winning that by so much that it should be rejected
nah i didn't i just see the rest as a bit meh. Hocking for Laidley and then a really late pick that probably won't be used

So Adams + Kamdyn for Cotchin +78 basically. Which is fine