Main Menu

A Best 22 for 2016

Started by H1bb3i2d, July 07, 2015, 06:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plumdog millionaire

Don't forget about my boy Langers and also Laverde

elephants

Hey Bomber fans

Thoughts on Courtenay Dempsey? Played three games after returning from suspension and despite being rusty in the first he was magic in the second two, finding heaps of the ball and using it superbly.

Reckon this is a distributor role he will be keeping for the rest of the season under Woosh?

Cookie Monster

Quote from: elephants on May 26, 2016, 10:58:42 AM
Hey Bomber fans

Thoughts on Courtenay Dempsey? Played three games after returning from suspension and despite being rusty in the first he was magic in the second two, finding heaps of the ball and using it superbly.

Reckon this is a distributor role he will be keeping for the rest of the season under Woosh?
He was awesome a few years back, he's always had this ability but without playing under Hird/Thompson and injuries never got a good look.

I'd like him to stay in the team this year purely because of experience, but if can play well enough maybe keep his spot next year too.

PowerBug

Any chance of a Grimley return this week? Would be nice

kilbluff1985

Quote from: PowerBug on June 01, 2016, 07:22:48 PM
Any chance of a Grimley return this week? Would be nice

Francis more likely he killed it in the vfl

elephants

Quote from: Cookie Monster on June 01, 2016, 04:40:16 PM
Quote from: elephants on May 26, 2016, 10:58:42 AM
Hey Bomber fans

He was awesome a few years back, he's always had this ability but without playing under Hird/Thompson and injuries never got a good look.

I'd like him to stay in the team this year purely because of experience, but if can play well enough maybe keep his spot next year too.

I thought he was good again against the Tiges, hopefully he can keep this up!

Cookie Monster

For 2017...

B: Baguely, Hurley, Hartley
HB: AMT. Hooker, Gleeson
C: Zaharakis, Heppell, Goddard
HF: Colyer, Daniher, Langford
FF: Fantasia, Bellchambers, Parish
R: L'berger, Z.Merrett, Myers
INT: Ambrose, J.Merrett, Parish, Laverde

(Haven't included Watson because no one know's what he's doing, and also assuming Hibberd get's traded)

iZander

Quote from: Cookie Monster on July 29, 2016, 12:51:38 PM
For 2017...

(Haven't included Watson because no one know's what he's doing, and also assuming Hibberd get's traded)
Francis surly? was very impressive last week

Nige

Where to Bombers fans see Heath Hocking at?

Contracted for 2017, has the seniority and experience and would assume he's a decent leader/mentor to some of the younger blokes.

Is he in or around the 22 or basically just a handy depth player at this point?

Cookie Monster

Quote from: iZander on July 29, 2016, 01:08:14 PM
Quote from: Cookie Monster on July 29, 2016, 12:51:38 PM
For 2017...

Francis surly? was very impressive last week
I knew there were a couple I forgot, Francis definitley one of them. He can fit in on the bench over Ambrose.

Quote from: Nige on July 29, 2016, 01:15:10 PM
Where to Bombers fans see Heath Hocking at?

Contracted for 2017, has the seniority and experience and would assume he's a decent leader/mentor to some of the younger blokes.

Is he in or around the 22 or basically just a handy depth player at this point?
I don't think he can change his role now from being just a tagger to a ball winner, has been great for many years but don't see him fitting in.

kilbluff1985

i feel like most of our youth can have the same output as Hocking and we should play them if rebuilding

shaker

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 29, 2016, 02:56:18 PM
i feel like most of our youth can have the same output as Hocking and we should play them if rebuilding

Don't think you could say you are rebuilding you will get all or most of your experienced guys back next year so in a strange sort of way this year has allowed them to blood many young guys for many games and I expect the Bombers to field a very strong team next year.

_wato

Worsfold

'Most of our squad will only play 3 of the next 4 games'

Surely Zerrett doesn't get a rest? :'(

Torpedo10

Quote from: _wato on August 01, 2016, 10:50:51 PM
Worsfold

'Most of our squad will only play 3 of the next 4 games'

Surely Zerrett doesn't get a rest? :'(
Really is making i reconsider Getting Zerrett in, albeit I'll have decent cover.

_wato

Yeah you probably still have to get him... 110 avg over 3 weeks, then a 75 from Petracca for example, so you'd need a bloke going well over 100 to make up any ground.

Hope he ain't out SC Granny week. Hopefully next week is his day