Main Menu

A Best 22 for 2016

Started by H1bb3i2d, July 07, 2015, 06:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Quote from: _wato on August 01, 2016, 11:00:57 PM
Yeah you probably still have to get him... 110 avg over 3 weeks, then a 75 from Petracca for example, so you'd need a bloke going well over 100 to make up any ground.

Hope he ain't out SC Granny week. Hopefully next week is his day
I can afford anyone, so it's a matter of overall points.

Hickey will be the F7 with Petracca DPP in the Mids, so either could cover (or both!)

Big Mac

Quote from: Torpedo10 on August 01, 2016, 11:31:48 PM
Quote from: _wato on August 01, 2016, 11:00:57 PM
Yeah you probably still have to get him... 110 avg over 3 weeks, then a 75 from Petracca for example, so you'd need a bloke going well over 100 to make up any ground.

Hope he ain't out SC Granny week. Hopefully next week is his day
I can afford anyone, so it's a matter of overall points.

Hickey will be the F7 with Petracca DPP in the Mids, so either could cover (or both!)

Gunston maybe? 113 3RA 108 5RA

Jukes

Have seen us linked to Billings (and of course Crouch) recently - if we could grab one of them, Patton, and take Brodie first pick I'd be very happy.

Cookie Monster

Quote from: Jukes on August 02, 2016, 02:42:08 AM
Have seen us linked to Billings (and of course Crouch) recently - if we could grab one of them, Patton, and take Brodie first pick I'd be very happy.
I think if we get Crouch we definitely will trade the number one pick away.

But would be awesome if we can pull it off!

Jukes

Quote from: Cookie Monster on August 02, 2016, 03:10:14 PM

Crouch is good, but he's not trading-the-first-selection good. I'd give up pick 19 and maybe a little sweetener - somebody that has impressed this year but won't get a game with our stars back.

iZander

Which crouch are we linked to?

My personal opinion is Bird is best 22 next year, especially if Watson doesnt play on as we really wouldnt have many inside mids and Birds been great inside this year tbh.
Adding Crouch might change that though

Jukes

Quote from: iZander on August 02, 2016, 03:23:30 PM

My personal opinion is Bird is best 22 next year, especially if Watson doesnt play on as we really wouldnt have many inside mids and Birds been great inside this year tbh.

Brad

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/essendon-leads-several-victorian-clubs-aiming-to-lure-out-of-contract-crow-brad-crouch-to-their-club/news-story/2bd8d5defd65cbc23c528a57ae2095bd

iZander

Quote from: Jukes on August 02, 2016, 03:29:17 PM

Brad

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/essendon-leads-several-victorian-clubs-aiming-to-lure-out-of-contract-crow-brad-crouch-to-their-club/news-story/2bd8d5defd65cbc23c528a57ae2095bd
omg that is good news, i reckon another inside mid would be great for us next year, exactly what we need :P

Jukes

Just read that we're interested in Jake Stringer, five-year contract at $1mil a year...

nrich102

Heard you guys were looking to sign Sun Yang as well.

meow meow

Quote from: Jukes on August 09, 2016, 04:11:14 PM
Just read that we're interested in Jake Stringer, five-year contract at $1mil a year...

He's contracted for the next 2 seasons so that might make it a bit difficult.

Jukes

Quote from: meow meow on August 09, 2016, 07:22:40 PM
Quote from: Jukes on August 09, 2016, 04:11:14 PM

He's contracted for the next 2 seasons so that might make it a bit difficult.

1. we offer him big money
2. he says he wants out of the dogs and to the dons
3. we offer the dogs pick 19 and the use of our trophy cabinet on family days OR we offer Hurley
4. done

Jukes

Pkbaldy

Holz

Quote from: iZander on August 02, 2016, 03:33:56 PM
Quote from: Jukes on August 02, 2016, 03:29:17 PM

Brad

omg that is good news, i reckon another inside mid would be great for us next year, exactly what we need :P

i might be wrong but isnt the article saying Essendon is the Victorian team that most wants crouch?

I would think that Essendon would pretty much be the vicotrian team he would least want to go to.

reports earlier in the year said he had met with Hawks and North only. I reckon if he does go it will be to the hawks.