Main Menu

A Best 22 for 2016

Started by H1bb3i2d, July 07, 2015, 06:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H1bb3i2d

I was just genuinely curious about our team for next year so thought I'd have a look. As far as I see it, the following guys own their positions, leaving what I count as 8 spots for grabs:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FB: Baguley Hooker ______1
HB: Hibberd Hurley ______2
C:   Goddard Watson Colyer
HF: ______3 Carlisle ZMerrett
FF: ______4 Daniher ______5
Fol: _______6 Heppell Stanton
Bench: Hocking Myers Zaharakis ______7

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My thoughts are as such:

1. We NEED a third tall desperately! Pears and Steinberg don't seem like filling Fletch's spot, and Gwilt is no superstar.

2. A running half back who can also defend. Currently Dempsey/Gleeson. Would like to see a Dalgleish/Aylett/Ashby/Browne seriously press for regular games there.

3. A half forward who can push into the midfield (Chappy's old spot?). Hopefully Laverde or Langford.

4. A decent small forward who chases and harrasses. A fit Kommer would slot in nicely. Would like to see Fantasia and Hams press, but neither are the small chasing forward type.

5. A third tall (Ambrose) or a back-up ruckman (McKernan). Both just need to find that extra 5-10%.

6. Bellchambers? Giles? Any ruckman who isn't a spud?

7. Cooney sure as hell won't be playing reserves.

Players who I haven't named: would like to see Edwards take the step up, seems a classy livewire type. Howlett and Melksham have been far from our worst performers, but I'd love to see Kavanagh, JMerrett or O'Brien overtake them.

Winderlich won't be around, and hopefully we'll have a nice new draftee or two that can put some pressure on spots. What's this about a rebuild? If a few of these not-quite-22 players can finally step up we'll have quite a tidy (and much younger) list.

silloc

<this age bracket> We need 6-8 of these guys playing every game for the rest of the year.
Browne, Alex 22yr 10mth
Steinberg, Ariel (R) 22yr 10mth
Merrett, Jackson 22yr 4mth
Kavanagh, Elliott 22yr 1mth
Dalgleish, Lauchlan 22yr
O'Brien, Nicholas 22yr
Edwards, Shaun 21yr 6mth
Ashby, Jason 21yr 1mth
Hams, Will 20yr 11mth
Gleeson, Martin 20yr 10mth

Don't play Dempsey or Gwilt. Whether you get rid of them depends on how many spots we need at the end of the year.

Jackson Merrett, Marty Gleeson, Ashby are all a bee's dick off our best 22.

Kav and O'Brien are probably getting close to their final season, now is the time with Watson out. They just need to take that last little step and play like they do in the twos. PLAY BROWNE NOW! before he flowerin injures himself again.

Fantasia and McKenna = superstars in the making

silloc

Quote from: silloc on July 08, 2015, 12:55:42 PM
<this age bracket> We need 6-8 of these guys playing every game for the rest of the year.
Browne, Alex 22yr 10mth
Steinberg, Ariel (R) 22yr 10mth
Merrett, Jackson 22yr 4mth
Kavanagh, Elliott 22yr 1mth
Dalgleish, Lauchlan 22yr
O'Brien, Nicholas 22yr
Edwards, Shaun 21yr 6mth
Ashby, Jason 21yr 1mth
Hams, Will 20yr 11mth
Gleeson, Martin 20yr 10mth

Don't play Dempsey or Gwilt. Whether you get rid of them depends on how many spots we need at the end of the year.

Jackson Merrett, Marty Gleeson, Ashby are all a bee's dick off our best 22.

Kav and O'Brien are probably getting close to their final season, now is the time with Watson out. They just need to take that last little step and play like they do in the twos. PLAY BROWNE NOW! before he flowerin injures himself again.

Fantasia and McKenna = superstars in the making

Why is flower and shower censored but not dick? cow slut dog whore rape vagina anus barbra Streisand

Bill Manspeaker

hahahahaha

b*stard is barbie too. don't get that one :P

silloc

Out: Cooney, Gwilt, Dempsy, Watson.

In: Browne, Pears, Kommer, Hocking.

silloc

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on July 08, 2015, 01:00:09 PM
hahahahaha

I'll remember that, barbie cow flower shower ...

Big Mac

Quote from: silloc on July 08, 2015, 01:05:16 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on July 08, 2015, 01:00:09 PM
hahahahaha

I'll remember that, barbie cow flower shower ...

White Goodman  ;)

Southstorm

After today's efforts, I think Steinberg is more than adequate to be that third tall in defence. Very good play by him today

Pkbaldy

No point having Carlisle on your list. The man doesn't even look like he's enjoying it out there.

silloc

Quote from: Pkbaldy on July 11, 2015, 10:38:33 PM
No point having Carlisle on your list. The man doesn't even look like he's enjoying it out there.

Pretty hard to enjoy being out there when you're not actually out there

silloc

Quote from: Southstorm on July 11, 2015, 08:59:34 PM
After today's efforts, I think Steinberg is more than adequate to be that third tall in defence. Very good play by him today

he needs more AFL time, he had a few nervous disposals

plumdog millionaire

I think Gleeson definitely can hold down that HBF spot, once he adds a few kegs to his body he'll be very good. Has very good composure down back and seems to usually be a part of scoring chains, whenever we actually get the chance to get one together

silloc

Quote from: plumdog millionaire on July 13, 2015, 11:06:41 AM
I think Gleeson definitely can hold down that HBF spot, once he adds a few kegs to his body he'll be very good. Has very good composure down back and seems to usually be a part of scoring chains, whenever we actually get the chance to get one together

agreed, I love watching him cut through traffic.

plumdog millionaire

Interested to see if Leuy is available somehow this off season... Don't know if he'll even consider us though

silloc

Quote from: plumdog millionaire on July 13, 2015, 07:49:49 PM
Interested to see if Leuy is available somehow this off season... Don't know if he'll even consider us though

Leuy??