Main Menu

Collingwood Season 2015

Started by ossie85, April 05, 2015, 07:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redfield

Quote from: ossie85 on May 31, 2015, 06:32:02 PM
I was ready to pack it in when North got 3 goals in a minute in the last

I was fully expecting us to continue to run right over the top of them and win by 7 goals so I was pretty unhappy when they got back in front during the fourth quarter. We still have a lot of room for improvement. We've only played one match where we put in a four quarter effort. Our best footy is definitely good enough to see us play finals and I actually don't feel like we're that far off being a top four side. Building very nicely.

elephants

Sounds like Greenwood to return through the VFL this week

Nige

Apparently Bucks tore his hammy off the bone but should be fine to coach on Monday.

T Dog

Quote from: Nige on June 03, 2015, 06:48:50 PM
Apparently Bucks tore his hammy off the bone but should be fine to coach on Monday.

He will coach a good game

redfield

Good win over the Giants on the weekend. I expected a closer result though it may well have been if they hadn't copped so many injuries. Still, I thought we played really well for the most part and we're well placed for the second half of the season.

Our next four games are going to be a real challenge. A fortnight ago I thought the match against Freo would be a likely loss but I think we're facing them at a good time and we might be a sneaky chance to topple them. Hawthorn are out bogey team so I think that's probably a loss and they're starting to hit some better form too. I feel somewhat confident about the matches against Port and West Coast. I'm probably being a little optimistic but I reckon we will win both of those and be no worse than 10-5 after round 16.

ossie85

Yep.

2 wins from next 4 will get us to finals and be a great success

1 win is minimum requirement

0 is a disaster

elephants

Levi Greenwood racked up 18 third quarter possession in the VFL over the weekend #gun #superstar

MC

Levi worth picking as a sneaky sc draft choice for stokes do we think? Stokes has been poo since his return, season average about 75 as well :(

elephants

If he's still a free agent I'd say get on right now! Bloke is a stud, averaged 111 DT from round 7 onwards last season (would assume the SC numbers are similar)

ossie85

Midfield 2016?

Pendlebury - Sidebottom - Treloar - Greenwood - Adams - Crips - De Goey - Scharenberg - Freeman - Broomhead?

elephants

Presumably you'll have Broomy at half-forward and Scharenberg at half-back to fit them all in haha

Toga

Do you think Ben Kennedy is gonna start getting more of a look in soon? Big fan of his!

Nige

Quote from: Toga on June 15, 2015, 04:05:45 PM
Do you think Ben Kennedy is gonna start getting more of a look in soon? Big fan of his!
If he doesn't, tbag will be one of many to happily welcome him home.  :P

ossie85

Quote from: Toga on June 15, 2015, 04:05:45 PM

I don't rate him personally, hope he proves me wrong!

I once said the same thing about Alan Didak, so wtf do I know

Spite

Quote from: ossie85 on June 15, 2015, 03:52:39 PM

Midfield 2016?

Pendlebury - Sidebottom - Treloar - Greenwood - Adams - Crips - De Goey - Scharenberg - Freeman - Broomhead?

Trealoar likely to stay Pies think (todays heralds sun)

Seedsman in there with Schaz rebounding makes it look like a solid line-up  8)