Collingwood Season 2015

Started by ossie85, April 05, 2015, 07:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Great win on the road last night in a match I thought we'd struggle in

Personally impressed by White and Crisp

Victory against Brisbane always a good thing

_wato

Very good start by our boys. Lots of positives and our resolve to hold in there at the end was fantastic. Also liked Crisps game, but I was most impressed by Taylor Adams who played his best game for the club and really stood up in Beams' absence

Personally disappointed though that De Goey didn't get much of a run when we really needed his extra spark and pace (especially when the game seemed dead and blokes were tiring) and it sucks to see that Sidey will be out for 4-6 weeks just like he was last year.

Adelaide at home this week, not confident at all after their showing against NM but we'll hopefully give it our best shot.

Did Reid play this week??? Could he come in at all?

T Dog

Cloke, he will be the difference this week.  ;D

Big Mac

I don't know a lot about thumb injuries but I'm assuming Sidey will be able to train as per normal (excluding contact and ball drills)

So does he just do another preseason?

_wato

I assume so mate, and we saw last year after his mini preseason (4 weeks off) he came back and absolutely killed it while others were starting to fatigue and slow down.

I'm thinking I'll jump straight back on when he returns, or plan to do so during the byes.

ossie85

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-10/id-forgotten-completely

Sorry Mr. Crisp... it's not like it is complicated. DON'T BET ON THE AFL. What, you want a day seminar explaining what not to do?

Example of agenda for 'Don't gamble' seminar:

9:00-9:15am - Meet and greet, coffee/juice provided

9:15am-9:16am - Seminar on 'Don't gamble on AFL matches'

9:17am - Meeting close.

j959

Quote from: ossie85 on April 10, 2015, 01:23:11 PM

Sorry Mr. Crisp... it's not like it is complicated. DON'T BET ON THE AFL. What, you want a day seminar explaining what not to do?

ha, ha! Comedy gold oss!  :D

it's for this sort of reason that 'ignorance of the law is no defence' ...  ;)

Rusty00

Quote from: ossie85 on April 10, 2015, 01:23:11 PM

Bit short isn't it?

I like to drink my coffee slowly so would need more than 5 minutes.

ossie85

So a bad loss to Adelaide with a strong rebound win against St. Kilda.

Still not sure where we at - 4th? 8th? 12th? I'm still leaning towards 7-10 as our finishing spot.

Swanny might be a dark horse for a 2nd Brownlow though! Looks to have found his freedom again

Samsturmfels

Quote from: ossie85 on April 20, 2015, 02:08:07 PM

So a bad loss to Adelaide with a strong rebound win against St. Kilda.

Still not sure where we at - 4th? 8th? 12th? I'm still leaning towards 7-10 as our finishing spot.

Swanny might be a dark horse for a 2nd Brownlow though! Looks to have found his freedom again
We are missing alot of depth from our midfield currently, maccaffer, sidebottom, greenwood, thomas, Adams (missing rd 3), Kennedy,young and also Sinclair and Reid

Spite

Still think we are about about a 12th placed side fellas. It's going to be a long year.
I really wish toovey could kick. Broomhead is exciting as hell.

All these Dangerfield rumours, thoughts? I would prefer to spend the money on trying to get Treloar and Aish rather than dangerfield, but obviously would not complain if danger chooses pies. Would probably enjoy not being first tagged for the first time in a long time

Toga

Where's Benny Kennedy at!! Love him as a player, would love to see him nab some games soon!

ossie85

Some very poor skill levels today but very happy with the effort

Pies going good! Carlton next

_wato

How about Seedsman though? 850m gained and 14 inside 50's

Nearly 400m more than the next best and 8 more inside 50's, think they are both a very telling stat, and hopefully he continues from here because he really could be absolutely anything if he works hard enough

Cambo

Another impressive game by this very young side  ;D