Main Menu

Collingwood Season 2015

Started by ossie85, April 05, 2015, 07:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: Cambo on May 02, 2015, 10:57:20 AM
Another impressive game by this very young side  ;D

yep. Bad luck Mick

Some people are trying to discredit Malthouse 2010 by suggesting it was Buckley's idea. This troubles me. Malthouse was a fantastic coach for us.

Buckley is going along nicely though, and he's just about the most impressive coach when speaking

Ricochet

That was pretty impressive last night

JBs-Hawks

Collingwood are excellent at uncovering small rebounding defenders!

Samsturmfels

Our team is really performing well
-the backline is working together and doing there roles
-the midfield is holding up, considering we are missing greenwood, side bottom and Macaffer
-we are also getting an even spread of goal kickers

Spite

Anyone else can't stand Jesse White? Can't wait for Witts to come in and displace him... Gault may not mark it that often but he always brings the ball to ground in front of him which is awesome. White looses the ball over the top and the opposition get possession nearly every bloody time

Samsturmfels

Quote from: Spite on May 03, 2015, 10:18:23 PM
Anyone else can't stand Jesse White? Can't wait for Witts to come in and displace him... Gault may not mark it that often but he always brings the ball to ground in front of him which is awesome. White looses the ball over the top and the opposition get possession nearly every bloody time
I don't mind white, he just doesn't get enough goals to be a dangerous kpf

ossie85

Quote from: Samsturmfels on May 03, 2015, 11:24:53 PM
Quote from: Spite on May 03, 2015, 10:18:23 PM
I don't mind white, he just doesn't get enough goals to be a dangerous kpf

^ my thoughts are similar sam

MC

Quote from: ossie85 on May 02, 2015, 11:06:33 AM
Quote from: Cambo on May 02, 2015, 10:57:20 AM
Another impressive game by this very young side  ;D

yep. Bad luck Mick

Some people are trying to discredit Malthouse 2010 by suggesting it was Buckley's idea. This troubles me. Malthouse was a fantastic coach for us.

Buckley is going along nicely though, and he's just about the most impressive coach when speaking

Spot on. What a load of shower - like him or not, MM took us to our 15th flag having started at the absolute rock bottom. Easy to forget the struggle of the 90s after he turned us around and set us up for our current success!
If you're going to blame anyone for Mick leaving to Carlton, turn your gaze towards old Eddie. He's the one who set up the 'succession' which was flowered by us actually winning a flag the year before the supposed 'changing of the guard.'
For the club to be so stubborn and not be flexible enough to make amendments was really disappointing. No way in hell was Mick going to play second fiddle to anyone, particularly not a bloke he coached a few years prior.

Not taking anything away from Buckley and what he's achieved - I love both Mick and Bucks and what they've both contributed to the club over the past decade or two. 

ossie85

I still have no real issue for the succession plan, although Malthouse deserves most of the credit in 2010, if we didn't have the succession plan we wouldn't have had Buckley as an assistant coach... who knows, this means we might not have won the flag that year....

So people say it destroyed our 2011 flag... but it might have helped out 2010... so I'm calling a draw at the very worst.

Samsturmfels

One thing that I love about our team this year compared to last year is that we seem to be playing more taller players

Oxley, Crisp, Karnezis, Gault, Seedsman, Pendlebury, Langdon, Grundy, Goldsack, brown, white, toovey,  cloke , frost
All 189cm or over. Who played last week

Last year near the end of the year we were roughly playing 9 players 189 cm or over, which we played 14 on the weekend

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-19/more-surgery-in-setback-for-magpie-macaffer?utm_medium=RSS

QuoteCOLLINGWOOD midfielder Brent Macaffer's will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his troublesome knee as he recovers from a knee reconstruction.

The Magpies expect the operation to set his recovery back three to four weeks, but are hopeful the surgery will be minor.

Collingwood football manager Neil Balme told the club website that Macaffer had been struggling with his recovery from the ACL injury he suffered in August last year.

"They will have an arthroscope to see how it goes," Balme said.

"We're certainly not expecting anything too serious, but it will certainly hold him back."

ossie85

powersuperkents

I've really been a fan of Jack Crisp this season.

Does anyone have some insider info. on Freeman? I'm really looking forward to his debut at AFL level (exciting player at NAT championships & TAC cup), however he has been plagued with injuries since being drafted  :-\

T Dog

4th on the ladder after 9 rds. Need to win next 2 games.   ;D

ossie85

I was ready to pack it in when North got 3 goals in a minute in the last