Main Menu

Collingwood Season 2015

Started by ossie85, April 05, 2015, 07:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Wato/Oss/MC

What's going on with Sidebottom?

I know Wato's backing him to return to form, do you guys think it's just a slump?

ossie85

Give him time, just aninterrupted season

MC

I'd back him to consolidate - started like a house on fire and backed up after he returned from injury. Thumb is a concern, but for under 500 I personally think he's the best bet. Barlow could bounce back but Neale taking points there I think.

Sidey is the classic risk-reward pick, with the reward outweighing the risk at the moment. Get him in!

Edit: must state that I will be bringing in Beams/Mundy/Hanners most likely by using 2 trades

Big Mac

Interesting....Don't have him in any comp, just curious more than anything

Wondered if he was getting less mid time, but doesn't sound like it

MC

Quote from: Big  Mac on June 30, 2015, 09:08:10 PM
Interesting....Don't have him in any comp, just curious more than anything

Wondered if he was getting less mid time, but doesn't sound like it

He's a risk of filling in down back, more useful in the middle as a link up player though imo. Seeds, Langdon, Marley and Ox more than capable of cleaning up in defence. Greenwood back soon will be interesting, Sidey is a better user though so shouldn't be too bad - plus he averaged 110 with Beams last year. Another minor concern is tough draw for a few weeks.

Safest bet would be a super prem 110-115 but Sidey worth a punt I think to save trades.

Samsturmfels

Its a bit early but which players do u guys think need to lift/improve or they'll either be delisted/traded at seasons end?

names that stand out are Dwyer, young, Armstrong, Karnezis and Gault. I'm also worried than kennedy may want to leave to enhance his playing opportunity. keefe/thomas may need to be delisted for room

roo boys!

For WXV reasons I've been following Young pretty closely - he's cooked

Been ordinary in the VFL all season, I think I've seen his name in the best once and has hardly got a mention, at 29 and one of the senior players at the club if he's not playing in the AFL side he's just a waste of a spot on the list

Toga

I'm a big Ben Kennedy fan and think he certainly might look elsewhere for more opportunity. Seems to be getting in the bests in the VFL pretty consistently but is struggling to get a look in the seniors given he'll come in as sub and get dropped pretty soon after. Hope he gets more gametime towards the end of the year!

MC

Keefe and Thomas likely to be holding down a spot while suspended, not sure there's room for Young any more. Gault likely to stay unless someone makes an offer, Armstrong the classic depth player we might not need any more as well. Dwyer in trouble you'd think as well.

We've also got heaps of small fwd-mids running around, could offer one up I guess as a package to try for a free agent like Danger. Broomhead/Benken might be the one.

Samsturmfels

Just wondering, what do u guys think of suckling coming to the pies? Ive also loved his kicking.

yes we do have guys like oxley and langdon but what be the chances of us getting him?

MC

Would be a good get. We need someone who can kick, though like you said we have a fair few good young blokes coming off hb. Whose spot does he take,  Marley? Langdon? Ox?

Samsturmfels

Quote from: MC on July 07, 2015, 11:35:23 PM
Would be a good get. We need someone who can kick, though like you said we have a fair few good young blokes coming off hb. Whose spot does he take,  Marley? Langdon? Ox?
no-ones, Im sure we could just give one of those guys midfield time

_wato

Would not want Suckling, he's as soft as butter and wouldn't have an ounce of knowledge on how to defend at all

What Collingwood needs RIGHT NOW is a big CHF who can have an immediate impact and just dominate games

I have no doubt that if we had another KPF with Cloke, the pies would be a top 4 side

I know we have Moore/Gault developing and Reid to come back but White/Witts/Grundy will not cut it against the best teams

No problems with our defence or midfield, but our forward line is where all the ?????? Marks lay

Spite

Quote from: Samsturmfels on July 07, 2015, 03:03:56 PM
Its a bit early but which players do u guys think need to lift/improve or they'll either be delisted/traded at seasons end?

names that stand out are Dwyer, young, Armstrong, Karnezis and Gault. I'm also worried than kennedy may want to leave to enhance his playing opportunity. keefe/thomas may need to be delisted for room

Do you write for the AFL?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-15/whos-on-the-outer

MC

Given the poor spelling, punctuation and grammar - i'd guess not! Timely post/article though.