Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

Nige

This is my favourite Voss-related tweet this evening.

Robert Griffin ‏@RLGriffin85 1m

Voss is calling for a DRS REVIEW: Pitching outside leg. Impact not in line. Missing the wickets. Umpires decision. GONE! #VossAshes

Ringo

All over the news channels now -

Grazz

Had to happen, think a lot of Lions supporters would be happy about it.

Nails

Made a thread about it, I was late to the punch, but think Voss deserves his own thread

Ringo

To be honest Grazz - A lot of the supporters that I talk to at the game were hopeful it would not be renewed but we were getting worried with the improved showing in beating Bombers and Cats. Expected the final announcement at end of season not prior to but starting hearing rumours about 4:00pm this afternoon.
It is also a members dinner night tonight so not the ideal time to announce. Could not afford the price tag so i am not going.
Hopefully we pull out all stocks to get Paul Roos.

strikes91

can't see zorko going in the guts with our midfield depth, barring injuries

kilbluff1985

apparently on Brisbane news Roos is the new coach :o

nrich102

Cya Voss. Lock in Zorko, Rocky, Reddan, Hanley and Luey next year :)

Ringo

Strong rumours now that Paul Roos will be the new coach for which I am happy. Voss has also announced termination is immediate and he will not be coaching on Saturday or attending tonights Gala Ball.

Agree with strikes with the midfield depth we have even with a new coach can not see Zorko getting mid time but lock Rocky in.

henry

I haven't seen much of Brisbane at all recently but from an outsider's view I get the feeling Voss is a bit stiff, he's won 5 of his last 7 and one thing noone can deny is that he's instilled a strong belief in the players, see the comebacks as evidence.

Hearing from you guys maybe he has been ordinary as coach, still not a great way to treat a favourite son. I lived in queensland for 5 years and so have a bit of a soft spot for brissie, will be interested to see who they get as a replacement. Would have to be someone experienced imo, otherwise not much point in sacking him at all.

Grazz

Quote from: Ringo on August 13, 2013, 06:30:53 PM
Strong rumours now that Paul Roos will be the new coach for which I am happy. Voss has also announced termination is immediate and he will not be coaching on Saturday or attending tonights Gala Ball.

Agree with strikes with the midfield depth we have even with a new coach can not see Zorko getting mid time but lock Rocky in.

Mate if you have enticed Roo's out of retirement then it's the move of the year. That will ease the pain at the dinner tonight announcing the signing of Roo's as coach.

Ringo

Henry - agree I really respect what Voss did as a player and that is deserved but he has been an ordinary coach who could not react on match days. Voss has been a coach for 5 years and to be honest some of our draft picks should be further progressed than they have and whilst this may not be totally Voss's fault he is still the Senior coach,

Windigo

Voss to coach Melbourne.  :P

BB67th

I am shocked at this news to say the least. He's had his problems with list management and naming teams, but I've felt that we've always had a solid high risk, high reward game plan.

I really do hope we get Paul Roos in next year as coach, and we had better not end up with an untried assistant. Maybe Mark Williams could also be looking for a new job?

If Roos does come, which I think is likely, I wonder what that will mean for the game plan? Sydney was a completely different side 10 years ago to what we have now. I don't think we have the personnel to play lock down footy. Maybe Roos could at least get us a tall forward...