Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Ringo

Quote from: Grazz on August 13, 2013, 06:34:44 PM
Quote from: Ringo on August 13, 2013, 06:30:53 PM
Strong rumours now that Paul Roos will be the new coach for which I am happy. Voss has also announced termination is immediate and he will not be coaching on Saturday or attending tonights Gala Ball.

Agree with strikes with the midfield depth we have even with a new coach can not see Zorko getting mid time but lock Rocky in.

Mate if you have enticed Roo's out of retirement then it's the move of the year. That will ease the pain at the dinner tonight announcing the signing of Roo's as coach.
Hoping so Grazz especially with Roos being a true Fitzroy boy as well. Other rumour is Matthews may return but I think that would be a backward move.  Mark Harvey apparently will coach on Saturday night,

BB67th

Quote from: Ringo on August 13, 2013, 06:54:08 PM
Quote from: Grazz on August 13, 2013, 06:34:44 PM
Quote from: Ringo on August 13, 2013, 06:30:53 PM
Strong rumours now that Paul Roos will be the new coach for which I am happy. Voss has also announced termination is immediate and he will not be coaching on Saturday or attending tonights Gala Ball.

Agree with strikes with the midfield depth we have even with a new coach can not see Zorko getting mid time but lock Rocky in.

Mate if you have enticed Roo's out of retirement then it's the move of the year. That will ease the pain at the dinner tonight announcing the signing of Roo's as coach.
Hoping so Grazz especially with Roos being a true Fitzroy boy as well. Other rumour is Matthews may return but I think that would be a backward move.  Mark Harvey apparently will coach on Saturday night,
Going back to Matthews, wow that would be a mistake :o

Harvey will definitely be caretaker coach for the rest of the season. Don't think he would be interested in the top job?

nrich102

Brad Scott will come to the Lions :P Should help Brisbane getting good starts... ::)  :P

Ringo

Quote from: nrich102 on August 13, 2013, 06:58:05 PM
Brad Scott will come to the Lions :P Should help Brisbane getting good starts... ::)  :P
but will allow us to fade out in last quarter,

Dudge

Hope for everyones sake, it doesn't cause bad blood between Vossy and the club. Not talking d/t revellence, but premierships/ captaincy as such

Ringo

Quote from: Dudge on August 13, 2013, 07:11:40 PM
Hope for everyones sake, it doesn't cause bad blood between Vossy and the club. Not talking d/t revellence, but premiersnips/ casptancy as such
Can not see it Dudge as most members think like I am in that he was a great player but an ordinary coach. Will always be respected by the club unless he himself distances them similar to Bradshaw and Risko after the Fevola affair. . 

strikes91

I think it's a bit amateurish sacking him now. why not wait 3 weeks. all this does is disrupt the rest of the season.

nrich102

Quote from: strikes91 on August 13, 2013, 07:28:40 PM
I think it's a bit amateurish sacking him now. why not wait 3 weeks. all this does is disrupt the rest of the season.
Clearly the board thought that it wasn't fair that Essendon got so much attention from the media.

Ringo

Quote from: nrich102 on August 13, 2013, 07:31:42 PM
Quote from: strikes91 on August 13, 2013, 07:28:40 PM
Clearly the board thought that it wasn't fair that Essendon got so much attention from the media.
Only thing  could possibly think of is that they have a new coach lined up and want to pout it out there early.  If this is not the case then the whole board should be accountable at AGM.  Bear in mind tonight is also the Gala Ball so there will be a nice pall over that. Very amateurish from them if not.

Ringo

In case you are not aware Voss had certain Key Performance indicators he had to achieve this year and I suspect that he has not achieved as despite the latest results we are not that much further up the ladder. Further press conferences will be held tomorrow.
If the Board can not give a decent reason as to why sacking was announced today and not wait till season end then they should be held accountable at the AGM.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-13/lions-dump-voss
This is the really telling statistic from the article
"Their best finish since 2009 has been 13th. Voss has a 40 per cent winning record as coach."

Official News conference scheduled for midday tomorrow.

ossie85

Surprised..... But only matter of Time

Grazz

Im wondering if player retention wasn't a factor in the timing of his demise with a few players still unsigned and unhappy.
40% winning ratio is better than I could do so I wont be critical there but from an outsider looking in I think it was always coming and probably for the better he goes. Timing is a bit odd but we all may be the wiser tomorrow after the press conference as to why now.

kilbluff1985

So is it confirmed he's not coaching for the rest of the season?

Ringo

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2013-08-13/brisbane-lions-senior-coach-

Voss, in his fifth year as Lions coach was off-contract at the end of this season. Voss notified the Club that he would stand down from the role effective immediately.