Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

Copy and paste sometimes struggles on here, but basically yep Voss told the club he won't coach out the year.

kilbluff1985

Hearing Mark Harvey will coach for rest of the season

Vinny

Hey Lions supporters,

You guys got GWS this week and I am confident you will win but would like to know who you reckon will go to who in terms of tagging. Will Rocky handle his tag if he gets one at all, I am wondering if he is still a solid captaincy option despite my rule of never captaining blokes vs GWS.

Cheers :)

kilbluff1985

I think they would tag Rich, Hanley and Zorko maybe

strikes91

Rockliff got tagged over Rich on the weekend but to be fair it was a very loose one from Jackson, only stood him tightly during the stoppages

BratPack

In a funny sort of way it would be good to have say he wasn't interested in coaching when the Melbourne gig came up only for him to coach Brisbane  :P

nrich102

Ringo

Think the heckling was more to due with the timing of the announcement rather than the fact he has been sacked.  I would have heckled as well unless a good reason could be given making an announcement 3 games before the end of the season. Whilst I agree with the decision am not satisfied with timing so really awaiting todays press conferences. Am also concerned if decision was made why did the club allow him to front yesterdays morning press conference.
Contract according to all information was to be finalised at end of season and that was when the decision was to be made.
Maybe the Board chose the timing to coincide with Essendons announcements to deflect some heat. The other possible feasible explanation is the Board made the decision at their regular meeting and to prevent leaks decided to immediately tell players and the coach hence the 3.30 meeting yesterday afternoon. The article says that Voss was told he could coach till end of year but declined.

Ringo

Quote from: vinny on August 13, 2013, 09:19:10 PM
Hey Lions supporters,

You guys got GWS this week and I am confident you will win but would like to know who you reckon will go to who in terms of tagging. Will Rocky handle his tag if he gets one at all, I am wondering if he is still a solid captaincy option despite my rule of never captaining blokes vs GWS.

Cheers :)
Black will be back this week end as well so the Tags will go to Black and Rich first then Hanley or Rocky.

ossie85

Brisbane next year face the likelihood of no Voss, Brown or Black...

Officially a new era from next year if they have a new coach, new captain and (I think) no premiership players left....

Windigo

Who will be captain nek year if Brown retires?

Adcock?
Rocky?
Rich?

Rusty00

Will be interesting to see if this changes the minds of players reportedly wanting a trade out; Longer, Karnezis, Polec, Docherty, etc.

Quote from: ossie85 on August 14, 2013, 08:19:51 AM

Brisbane next year face the likelihood of no Voss, Brown or Black...

Officially a new era from next year if they have a new coach, new captain and (I think) no premiership players left....
Ash McGrath is a premiership player, will depend if he goes around again.

Ringo

Ash Mc Grath was a member of the 2003 premiership team and from memory Daniel Merret was an emergency but did not play.

Ringo

Quote from: Windigo on August 14, 2013, 09:12:17 AM
Who will be captain nek year if Brown retires?

Adcock?
Rocky?
Rich?
Here is the official statement from the Board

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2013-08-14/message-from-the-chairman

It would appear from the statement and media conference that the decision was made not to renew Voss's contract and that decision was announced quickly after the decision made to prevent leaks and hose down any speculation.

The statement also goes on to say that that no firm decision on new coach has been made and we wait for official announcement although Roos may be the favourite if he decides to apply.

regarding Captaincy Adcock is the current co- captain with Brown and rich and Rocky vice captains. Decision obviously will be up to club and new coach but suspect Adcock will become Captain with Rich and Rocky retaining VC. Brown may continue for another year though so co captaincy will continue.

Ringo

Was very impressed with both Voss and the Chairman at the press conference today.

New coach may not be cut and dried,

Number of players have taken to twitter to thank Voss and none were aware of the decision until yesterdays 3:30pm meeting which shocked all.