Preliminary XI discussion

Started by ossie85, December 13, 2014, 03:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

I don't mind doing a similar thing for Worlds but with the Domestic cricket?

Have to give it thought

Nige

I would be interested, both in participating and admin/modding it.  :)

Torpedo10

Participation could be an option for me.  :)

ossie85

Gotta say, struggling to come up with a concept...

Individual tournaments have too few players or are structured crazily to make a week v week thing viable...

Base idea:
- Each team picks a squad, and choose a XI players for a particular month.

For every T20I - your player scores 1 point per run and 20 points per wicket.
For every ODI - your player scores 2 points per run and 40 points per wicket
For every Test - your player scores 4 points per run and 80 points per wicket

.... but really struggling!

Say, if you take the Sheffield shield for instance, that's only 66 players playing in any given round.. the BBL is only 88 players... hard to get a XV concept going with only those kind of numbers..

Any thoughts?

Nige

Yeah Oss, when I saw the board and what m0nty wrote, I immediately tried thinking of a concept but struggled and unfortunately I've got nothing. :(

Jukes

If we could get a good concept going I'd definitely be in

BratPack

It's probably too late but I was thinking of something similar for the BBL. A super 8 tourney. Sort of like 8 teams, 15 man squads, you have to have to field 3 batsmen 3 bowlers a 'keeper and an AR, with scoring going by the BBL fantasy scoring

Nige

With a bit of thought and planning, we could potentially get something going for the World Cup or next Big Bash.

nrich102

Maybe we could try doing something a bit like V League?? Would probably be too late to start something this season, but think we could do it next season. Maybe a world cup thing as well?

Say maybe we could just have like 5 teams for a BBL comp. Tough to come up with ideas though.

Torpedo10

World Cup shouldv be our next aim.

PowerBug

Yep, gotta aim for the World Cup somehow.

nrich102

So there are 14 teams in the world cup, so we could do a ten team comp.

How I see it working;

There are 2 pools of 5 teams, and each team plays each team in their pool and has a bye. So that's 5 rounds, and then the top 2 from each group go into a finals series.

Maybe we bid on players to see who goes to each team?

Thoughts?

PowerBug

Bidding didn't work well when we tried to do that in previous cricket things, it became a race to see who could bid before the deadline.

Drafting would be the best way, But you can't do that until the squads are released.

nrich102

Quote from: PowerBug on December 13, 2014, 07:37:37 PM
Bidding didn't work well when we tried to do that in previous cricket things, it became a race to see who could bid before the deadline.

Drafting would be the best way, But you can't do that until the squads are released.
Wasn't really a problem in the V League iirc.

Yeah, drafting is probably better, just thinking of keeping it sort of realistic.

BratPack

Again I'm thinking Super 8. 10 teams....say 12 man squads starting 3 bat 3 bowl 1 WK 1 AR

Points (generally looking at the fantasy BBL scoring and adjusting for 50 overs here)

1 point per run

Runs Scored Bonus
50-75 : 10 points
75-100: 15 points
100+: 25 points

Duck -20 (Except Bowlers)

Strike Rate (need to score 30+ to qualify)
100.1 - 115.0 +5
115.1-130.0 +10
130.1-140.0 +15
140.1+ +25

Wickets 20 points

Maidens 5 points

Economy Rate (Must bowl 5 overs to qualify)
Under 4.00 RPO - 20 points
4.01- 5.00 - 10 points
7.00 - 8.00 - -5 points
8.00+ - -15 points'

5 wickets+ in a match : 25 points

Catch - 10 points

Direct Hit Runout - 15 points

Stumping - 15 points