Preliminary XI discussion

Started by ossie85, December 13, 2014, 03:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

I like the idea of having one team across three formats, it means you have to have players suited to all forms of the game, so there is a bit of diversity in squads.

Maybe it would be worth making them different for the Big Bash though, to keep more with how it works in real life.

I'd also say no salary cap to start with, to see how the competition works without it to start.

nrich102

Yeah, I was thinking it may be best to introduce the salary cap later on.

I think we will be drafting new squads for the Big Bash, just because the squads are so different.

PowerBug

I have an idea on how to introduce a salary cap, but it would be a real salary cap (i.e. you will bid for players)

PowerBug

I reckon this could start up. I will be happy to run it, and I think it might be worth opening up interest to people :)

P.S. Don't expect a simple draft game, if you want that, then go play AFL ones

nrich102

Quote from: PowerBug on January 17, 2015, 08:07:01 PM
I have an idea on how to introduce a salary cap, but it would be a real salary cap (i.e. you will bid for players)
It would work on a players average, multiplied by a random number we pull out of the sky. Think I've said something about it somewhere before in this thread.

PowerBug

Quote from: nrich102 on January 17, 2015, 10:00:17 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on January 17, 2015, 08:07:01 PM
It would work on a players average, multiplied by a random number we pull out of the sky. Think I've said something about it somewhere before in this thread.
What I had thought of is the following:
Give everyone X dollars (Let's say $5 million), and what happens is a private auction takes place. A deadline is set for two days (example), and in this time every manager has the option to bid for up to 5 players. Each player will contain a minimum bid option. End of the two days the respective coaches get their players and the money gets taken away from them. This process repeats until every manager has the squad they are after. These squads may not be of equal number but it is irrelevant, the amount of players a manager wants is up to them.

The leftover money does not go to waste, at will be stored and then once the BBL bidding comes around, they will have more to spend. So spending your whole balance on shield players would mean no money to bring in imports.

The reason I suggest this and not a draft is because where in cricket is there a draft that takes place? All I see is bidding for players.

nrich102

I think thats a good idea PB. I can see that working well.