Preliminary XI discussion

Started by ossie85, December 13, 2014, 03:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

I think I like that idea BP.

Just with the scoring maybe make it 1 point per every 2 or 3 runs?  Just think that with 1 point for every 5 runs, a batsman would need to score 100 runs to get the same score as a bowler who takes one wicket. I actually think that a point per run is fair enough.

BratPack

Quote from: nrich102 on December 13, 2014, 09:17:08 PM
I think I like that idea BP.

Just with the scoring maybe make it 1 point per every 2 or 3 runs?  Just think that with 1 point for every 5 runs, a batsman would need to score 100 runs to get the same score as a bowler who takes one wicket. I actually think that a point per run is fair enough.

Point per run works too

PowerBug

There is bound to be a WC fantasy game somewhere (cricinfo?) so we could copy that scoring system

Nige

Pkbaldy

If this gets up and running... I'm defs in. Looks fun.

ossie85

Quote from: PowerBug on December 14, 2014, 12:08:53 PM
There is bound to be a WC fantasy game somewhere (cricinfo?) so we could copy that scoring system

My issue is that any comp we come up with would need to be better than doing just one of the thousands online...

The point of the XV competitions is that they last indefinitely... not just for any given tournament...

nrich102

Quote from: ossie85 on December 14, 2014, 07:29:01 PM

My issue is that any comp we come up with would need to be better than doing just one of the thousands online...

The point of the XV competitions is that they last indefinitely... not just for any given tournament...
I think we should get one just going for this World Cup as a trial of what we fan do in the future.

ossie85

Quote from: nrich102 on December 14, 2014, 11:06:56 PM

I think we should get one just going for this World Cup as a trial of what we fan do in the future.

We'd need to have some idea of what the future is though.... Otherwise we may as well use the existing fantasy games

DazBurg

Quote from: ossie85 on December 15, 2014, 06:12:35 AM
Quote from: nrich102 on December 14, 2014, 11:06:56 PM

We'd need to have some idea of what the future is though.... Otherwise we may as well use the existing fantasy games

^^ exactly

sorry little late to the party but been busy lately

but how is te hard part

with different formats and different series etc how to tie it all in

nrich102

Maybe with the BBL comp we want to do, we could have an initial daft and then from there work by a salary cap? So we have an initial draft with all the players playing this year and then from there work on signing new players for ones who don't play the next season.

I think we could have an initial draft based on the players this season, and then work from there.

I think a players salary could be their previous seasons average multiplied by 5000. (Eg. Aaron Finch averaged 55.67 last season, so his salary this season would be $278,350.) We could then have a salary cap of $2,000,000.

Or maybe for new players salary we could find what BBL Fantasy has their average as. (eg. Kevin Pietersen didn't play last season but BBL Fantasy has his price at $93,500, so they predict he will average 50).

Sorry if it doesn't make sense, just some quick thoughts.

Scrads

We could do a bidding system but instead of have a time-deadline make it you are only allowed to bid once so there is none of this last minute bartering (would have to be a 'silent' auction obviously, otherwise the next person will just bid minimum over the last person).

ossie85

I don't think it's the selection of players that is the issue, but the format

PowerBug

Sheffield Shield only? Or maybe include the Matador Cup and Big Bash if we have to?

nrich102

Quote from: PowerBug on January 15, 2015, 09:02:39 PM
Sheffield Shield only? Or maybe include the Matador Cup and Big Bash if we have to?
Id be keen on Matador Cup and Shield Combo.

I would like to include the BBL as well, but squads are too different. Let me try and think of a format we could have it in.

Nige

Quote from: nrich102 on January 15, 2015, 10:07:49 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on January 15, 2015, 09:02:39 PM
Id be keen on Matador Cup and Shield Combo.

I would like to include the BBL as well, but squads are too different. Let me try and think of a format we could have it in.
But if we're using the players, then the squads wouldn't matter.