Main Menu

Cotchin's future?

Started by Scrads, June 24, 2014, 01:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Looks better than Fyfe in yellow and black ;)

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on June 24, 2014, 10:30:22 PM
Looks better than Fyfe in yellow and black ;)
Absolute poppycock.  :o

Vinny

Looks good I reckon, c'mon Cotch, go to Hawks win a flag and not be depressed. :P

Bill Manspeaker

nah I don't reckon it suits him. Saints jumper would do the job for sure

tor01doc

Needs a clause that in club hairdresser Duryea will be his dog.

Scrads

Looks soooooo good tbh :P

For the record guys, I don't actually believe Cotchin would come to Hawthorn (or even consider leaving Richmond at all for that matter). I mainly posted the article just to stir the natives ;)

Vinny

Quote from: Scrads on June 24, 2014, 11:48:22 PM
I mainly post the just to stir the natives ;)
This is me on the majority of boards bar Carlton's. :P

tbagrocks

Should do it but why the Hawks? They suck! Maybe a Geelong, Collingwood, GOLD COAST :o

can seriously see this happening though, at what stage does the AFL stop a "Buddy" going to an already dominant Sydney, Hawthorn ect .....  or is it all fair game? If it is all fair game which it is, then the AFL have failed and it's all Dumbetriou's fault, again!

Just have to think what becomes of the poor Victorian clubs, superstars keep leaving for the heavyweights? hmmmm

Hasent quite happened yet but, free agency has only just begun

Bill Manspeaker

it's a scary thought tbag that's for sure. do we end up like the EPL?

Vinny

Man, if we end up like soccer where all that matters is money, 0 loyalty, that'd suck balls.

Mailman the 2nd

It's never going to go down the path of the EPL because:

1) AFL has a salary cap for a reason. There are no money juggernauts in that regard (apart from Carlton)

2) If you want to go crazy and pay a player 1mill per year for 5+ years you have to clean out a good 4-5 players on decent money off your list.

quinny88

Quote from: tbagrocks on June 25, 2014, 12:26:15 AM
Should do it but why the Hawks? They suck! Maybe a Geelong, Collingwood, GOLD COAST :o

can seriously see this happening though, at what stage does the AFL stop a "Buddy" going to an already dominant Sydney, Hawthorn ect .....  or is it all fair game? If it is all fair game which it is, then the AFL have failed and it's all Dumbetriou's fault, again!

Just have to think what becomes of the poor Victorian clubs, superstars keep leaving for the heavyweights? hmmmm

Hasent quite happened yet but, free agency has only just begun

Richmond is far from a "poor Victorian club"

Mr.Craig

Teams would do well to look at what Port have been able to achieve through the recruitment of White, Polec and Hombsch.

Scrads

Quote from: Mr.Craig on June 25, 2014, 01:40:20 AM
Teams would do well to look at what Port have been able to achieve through the recruitment of White, Polec and Hombsch.

Teams would do well to look at what Hawks have been able to achieve through the recruitment of Gibson, Hale, Gunston, Burgoyne, Lake and McEvoy ;)

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Scrads on June 25, 2014, 01:46:53 AM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on June 25, 2014, 01:40:20 AM

Teams would do well to look at what Hawks have been able to achieve through the recruitment of Gibson, Hale, Gunston, Burgoyne, Lake and McEvoy ;)

We can't expect other teams to compete with that. :P