Main Menu

Cotchin's future?

Started by Scrads, June 24, 2014, 01:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

kilbluff1985

quinny88

Lol I could imagin dusty leaving after he's already almost gone once before but wouldn't of thought a captain is gonna leave their club

Ricochet

lol if Cotchin leaves and Fyfe stays at Freo ;D

Nige

I'd hate Trent Cotchin and the Hawthorn football club eternally if this eventuated.

nas

Quote from: quinny88 on June 24, 2014, 04:07:37 AM
Lol I could imagin dusty leaving after he's already almost gone once before but wouldn't of thought a captain is gonna leave their club

Pretty sure Chris Judd did from Eagles to Carlton @ end of 2007

Toga

I think it would be unlikely, but typical Richmond if it did happen :P

Dusty comes out of contract again at the end of next season though so would have thought he would be a more likely target or would be more likely to go

Mailman the 2nd

Yes Judd moved but plenty of that was shady under the table sort of stuff.

Cotchin won't go, Hawthorn don't have "Buddy money" to spend because then they would've actually tried to keep Franklin lol.

Vinny

Quote from: Toga on June 24, 2014, 11:44:33 AM
I think it would be unlikely, but typical Richmond if it did happen :P
Haha this, but it's unlikely.

Scrads

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on June 24, 2014, 11:45:40 AM

Cotchin won't go, Hawthorn don't have "Buddy money" to spend because then they would've actually tried to keep Franklin lol.

We did give him several contract offers, it's just that when you have to match a 9 year, $10million deal you have something different in your hands. Not much that does not mean not trying to keep Franklin, nor does it mean we don't have cap space.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Scrads on June 24, 2014, 12:14:14 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on June 24, 2014, 11:45:40 AM

We did give him several contract offers, it's just that when you have to match a 9 year, $10million deal you have something different in your hands. Not much that does not mean not trying to keep Franklin, nor does it mean we don't have cap space.

Yes I realise that, but are you going to offer 750k+ a year for a midfielder who's kicking efficiency is well outside the top 50 players in the AFL?

You're also forgetting that Richmond also have plenty of money to spend, so Hawthorn will need to be offering upwards towards 900k to a million per year for Cotchin.

Hawthorn does not have cap space for that

SydneyRox

Cotchin isnt worth the cash. Reckon the hawks would be better chasing Shiel and Frawley. Who they could probably get for just a little more than Cotchin will want to leave the tigers.

Vinny

To be fair, Cotchin is 23 and is not even in his prime.

He is a bad kick but he is still a gun.

Would not pay 750k+ though.

Jroo

Cotch would be amazing at a better club, such as Hawthorn as they would be able to get the best out of him. If I were them I'd chuck as much money as possible to get him there.

I wouldn't want to see Cotch go, obviously and I think he will stay. I'm more worried Dusty will leave then Cotch will

quinny88

Quote from: nas on June 24, 2014, 09:23:59 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on June 24, 2014, 04:07:37 AM

Pretty sure Chris Judd did from Eagles to Carlton @ end of 2007

To move home and for over a million a year plus some made up job with visy for another million a year lol