Main Menu

Cotchin's future?

Started by Scrads, June 24, 2014, 01:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Not sure why Cotchin is copping it for his DE. 65% isn't that bad for a gun midfielder. It's similar to Priddis, Rockliff, DSwallow, Ball, DBeams, Barlow, Treloar, Shiels, Parker, Fyfe, Heppell, etc. and better than guys like Mundy, SJ, Swan, Dangerfield, Wingard, Judd, etc.

He has already shown he has the ability to be elite and will be worth big bucks

SydneyRox

Quote from: quinny88 on June 24, 2014, 01:58:15 PM
Quote from: nas on June 24, 2014, 09:23:59 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on June 24, 2014, 04:07:37 AM
Lol I could imagin dusty leaving after he's already almost gone once before but wouldn't of thought a captain is gonna leave their club

Pretty sure Chris Judd did from Eagles to Carlton @ end of 2007

To move home and for over a million a year plus some made up job with visy for another million a year lol

i think a lot of his move was also due to the extra negative attention the club was getting thanks to Cousins, Gardiner etc as well and he just didnt want to be involved in that

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on June 24, 2014, 01:59:14 PM
Not sure why Cotchin is copping it for his DE. 65% isn't that bad for a gun midfielder. It's similar to Priddis, Rockliff, DSwallow, Ball, DBeams, Barlow, Treloar, Shiels, Parker, Fyfe, Heppell, etc. and better than guys like Mundy, SJ, Swan, Dangerfield, Wingard, Judd, etc.

He has already shown he has the ability to be elite and will be worth big bucks
Everyone has such lofty standards of him and the Richmond footy club after what we showed in 2013. Doing so badly, we're (he is) easy to pick on.

Capper

Well the hawks wanted ROk the other year, dont know if Cotch will leave though.

This will kill the Tiges if Cotchin leaves

Vinny

Yep if Cotchin leaves, it will ruin them.

Capper

I wonder if the HAwks talked to Gibbs before he re-signed

Ricochet

Without doubt. Most clubs would have

Vinny

Bryce Gibbs: "I wanted to deal with Carlton and Carlton only". <3

quinny88

Quote from: Vinny on June 24, 2014, 02:56:20 PM
Bryce Gibbs: "I wanted to deal with Carlton and Carlton only". <3

That's it, and he re signed for 5 years and probably never really considered leaving.
It's the medias job to write stories and speculate. It generates discussion and sells papers.
So far all has been said is that Hawthorn have contacted Cotchins management. I can garuntee there will be a lot of other clubs doing the same thing. Why wouldn't ya?
But realistically, he is still contracted till the end of 2015, hasn't even said he's "putting contract talks in hold" and is the captain of the club.
Without knowing him he seems like he bleeds yellow and black and it would take a buddy like deal to actually get him to even consider moving. Storm in a tea cup. He will the captain for the next 10 years.

Vinny

Yeah I agree, the media will always try create speculation. Gibbs probably was never going to leave but obviously clubs would have chased up and looked at him seeing his a free agent. Sanderson says he wants Gibbs at Adelaide and then every thinks he is going to Adelaide straight away, haha. Again another example about the media turning something into something it is not.

Cotchin won't go anywhere, think the Judd situation was very different considering what he was offered, plus the third party deal. Can't imagine Cotch ditching his club when they are somewhat in crisis, especially as skipper. In saying this, other clubs who have money would be crazy not to attempt at getting him even if the chance is small.

kilbluff1985

most clubs would be happy to offer a Buddy type deal like around 900k a year for about 8 years

Toga

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 24, 2014, 03:54:39 PM
most clubs would be happy to offer a Buddy type deal like around 900k a year for about 8 years

And if we have the salary cap room we're supposed to have, we'll offer him something like that right back.

Mailman the 2nd

I'm pretty sure 90% of clubs wouldn't even entertain the thought of an 8 year deal

quinny88

Like I said, that's what it would take to even get his attention. Then he would have to ditch the club he's the captain of. Won't happen in a million years. He's just not that sort of bloke

elephants

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on June 24, 2014, 03:57:52 PM

I'm pretty sure 90% of clubs wouldn't even entertain the thought of an 8 year deal

Except Sydney #speshspesh