Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Ringo

Have we turned the corner and finally starting to see this team gel.
The first quarter win was the first one we have won this year and this was the focus to start well.
Berry in my opinion was outpointing Fyfe before his injury and maintained pace with Neale when moved onto him.  Great for his education. Maybe play him on Murphy or Cripps this week.
McLuggage, Berry, Rayner, Cutler and McStay undoubtedly their best games of the season.
Think the mix of Walker back and McStay forward is definitely the right way to go.  Both looked comfortable in their roles.
The Big O getting better with each game as well.
Great to see with a below par performances from Zorko and Rich others stepped up.
All this will fail to insignificance if we can not keep it going against Carlton this Saturday.
Like the excitement a midfield of Berry, McLuggage, Rayner for the future and if the beast can find some form as well.
Finals 2021 is my estimation as bodies are still a little week and most of these young players will be entering their prime.

Trindacut

I think the AAA on afl.com.au summed up Fagan's playstyle quite well in saying that they aren't playing games 'safe' to try and mitigate the damage of a huge defeat. It just means you either compete well or get smashed but they learn better and quicker.

I expect at least one more win from the Lions this year, maybe more.

SilverLion

GoLions

Gigantor

Confirmed, Hawthorn is now Brisbanes whipping boy

Ringo

and now to dent Crows next week. Not many 16th placed teams would have a % of 91.7.

Our draw is Crows (H) Cats (A) Roos (H), Pies (a) West Coast (H). Would love nothing better than 3 wins and denting some more Top 4/8 ambitions.

Gigantor

Yeah 3 weeks ago I was locking in that rd23 clash as a win for WC, not so confident now haha

SilverLion

Quote from: Ringo on July 14, 2018, 06:39:17 PM
and now to dent Crows next week. Not many 16th placed teams would have a % of 91.7.

Our draw is Crows (H) Cats (A) Roos (H), Pies (a) West Coast (H). Would love nothing better than 3 wins and denting some more Top 4/8 ambitions.
Got Gold Coast in there as well, still a chance at another couple of wins.

elephants

Brisbane form team of the comp, who woulda thunk it!

nrich102

2 weeks for cutler seems a little harsh

TomK

Ringo

Quote from: nrich102 on July 23, 2018, 06:20:46 PM
2 weeks for cutler seems a little harsh
To be honest expected Cutler to get 2+ weeks as it looked very clumsy whilst at the ground and seeing it again on replay eyes did lower and was a coat hangar action. Happy with 2 weeks based on observations.

SilverLion

Was at the game last night, was a good effort by the boys, the usual 5-10 minute lapse where they got a few quick goals was the difference (seems to be a pattern?).

I know as a Lions supporter I'll tend to be a bit bias, but am curious to others thoughts on the umpiring last night, the final free kick count was 22-14, and that was with a few soft frees to us at the end which flatters the count a bit tbh.

Was the umpiring shower last night?

Ringo

Quote from: SilverLion on August 12, 2018, 11:49:16 AM
Was at the game last night, was a good effort by the boys, the usual 5-10 minute lapse where they got a few quick goals was the difference (seems to be a pattern?).

I know as a Lions supporter I'll tend to be a bit bias, but am curious to others thoughts on the umpiring last night, the final free kick count was 22-14, and that was with a few soft frees to us at the end which flatters the count a bit tbh.

Was the umpiring shower last night?
Always been biased but if in my opinion if Pies were on the receiving end of the umpiring that was dished to us last night Eddie would be at AFL headquarters demanding answers,
Inside 50 frees favoured Pies 8 - 3 - They received 3 gift goals for 50 metre penalties 2 of which were very soft.
Grundy continued to scrag with Stef all night but umpires could only find 2 against Stef (including one in the goal square) and 1 against Big O with none against Brodie who seems to be a protected species this game.
At one stage the free kick count was 18 - 7 before the late evening up started,
So the inconsistency was there for all to see last night and how 3 umpires missed Zorkos mark in the first quarter is beyond me.
So in summary one of the worst umpiring displays I have seen and Lions boards were going off on social media.