Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 14, 2015, 11:48:08 AM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 14, 2015, 08:19:52 AM
someone trying to tell me Martin only worth an early 2nd rounder facepalm

It's actually not that bad

He is going to be 30 next year, and yes he is a good ruck and extra mid and does very well from an SC perspective, but his age has to be factored in here

Giving up a 1st round kid which could go on to be a 10 year player for your club, for a ruck who has a couple of years left probably isn't the right move, unless you're in the premiership window and even then I reckon a 1st rounder is probably overs

I reckon a 2nd rounder, or a player and pick is about right

kilbluff1985

a team like Bulldogs or Swans would happily give up there late 1st rounder though i imagine would help either team contend for a premiership

Ricochet

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 14, 2015, 08:42:32 PM
a team like Bulldogs or Swans would happily give up there late 1st rounder though i imagine would help either team contend for a premiership
Swans won't they'll want Mills. Dunno if Bullies will, given how well they've done banking on kids in the draft recently. Everyone else that needs a ruck will have a very high draft pick and I can't see them giving it up for him.

Grazz

Quote from: Ricochet on August 14, 2015, 08:57:37 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on August 14, 2015, 08:42:32 PM
Swans won't they'll want Mills. Dunno if Bullies will, given how well they've done banking on kids in the draft recently. Everyone else that needs a ruck will have a very high draft pick and I can't see them giving it up for him.

Would be great for the Dogs though. He is 30 so they could easily pass on him and keep drafting youth as you say worked well so far.

nrich102

Great way to finish the season off with a win. Not sure why we're getting rid of Adcock, he's been a great servant to the club and was very good today. Hopefuly this gives us some confidence going into next season and hopefully we still get Schache :P

Ringo

Great Game by the boys today - Still a little too hand ball happy for my liking though. Hope Leppa took note of what can happen when given so free reign.

Was really an open game as evidenced by the 38 goals scored. Thought our shocking goal kicking may heave cost us initially. Seen a couple of things tonight which were out of the ordinary.  The Bulldog defenders shook hands with their opponents before bounce.  Could not see up the other end to see what happened there.

Harris Andrews pulled a few players out of a fracas after we were awarded a free 45 out and in front of goal. Maturity for an 18 year old and not wanting kick reversed.

Despite scoring 4 goals I think Justin Clarke did a reasonable job on Jake Stringer.  Dan Merrett considers to frustrate as evidenced by his running off the line from an out of bounds on full free kick resulting in a throw in.  Elementary error and cost us a goal.

We should be throwing everything and the kitchen sink to retain Stefan Martin.  The small mosquito squad had their best game for a number of weeks and showed what happens when all click.

Really warming to Mitch Robinson and the hardness he brings to our midfield.

From the bulldogs and they are an exciting team if Easton Wood does not make all Australian I will be surprised. Do not know how many intercept marls he collected. Bontempelli and Rocky went head to head a fair bot of the night and Rocky shaded him. Macrae will be a star.

let us hope the win gives us some confidence for the new year.  We showed we can match it with another young side that is playing finals.

Wonder whether Leppa will reconsider on Adcock after todays performance.  Vintage Jed especially his long sealer.

ossie85

Impressed by the Lions actually trying to avoid the spoon, really gain a lot of respect for that

and thanks for sending Carlton to last

Grazz

Didn't think the game would amount to much, shows how wrong you can be. Was a good game of footy. Lions did well to get back into the contest after the Dogs kicked away early then to win it was a great effort.

Ringo

Reading a few of the rumours and releases coming out and this is my opinion it would appear that Leppa has a communication issue with players. If this is true then we should be trying to get Peter Schwab up to Brisbane more often to assist.
Craig Lambert will help as well and maybe Leigh Matthews could as well.

Looks like Lambert will be bringing Nathan Wilson with him from GWS.

More disturbing though is Josh Green has been linked with going to Carlton to join his former Clarence Coach in Brendan Bolton. Can not afford to lose Green imo.

So that now makes us according to reports fighting hard to retain the services of Redden, Leuenberger, Aish, Mayes and now Green. Hopefully we can retain a couple with Adcock also leaving.

In good news however Martin and Zorko have assured the club they will be with them next years.

nrich102

Nope. Green is staying. Not leaving. Fml

My Chumps

Ringo

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2015-09-12/our-club-champions

For those are interested we had a four way tie for Murray/Merrett Medal with Dayne Beams, Dayne Zorko, Stefan Martin and Mitch Robinson as joint winners. We have had joint winners before but never a four way tie.

Congratulations to the 4.

Trust the winner of Reserves Best and Fairest does not go the way of last years and is delisted.  Congratulations Zac O'Brien.

Rusty00

4 way tie is pretty amazing. Doubt that has happened at any club before

Ricochet

who was last year's ressies winner that got delisted Ringo?

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on September 13, 2015, 11:40:04 AM
who was last year's ressies winner that got delisted Ringo?
Nick Hayes I think his name was.