Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Why would he leave? I reckon the Lions are closer to building a premiership side than the Crows?

Bill Manspeaker

agreed ele, I think they're closer as well. home sickness might be an issue though

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on March 30, 2015, 12:37:17 PM
I love Rocky's honesty in the media, just speaks his mind
Yeah, I like it.

Ringo

Rocky has always spoken his mind. Aish no doubt will be weighing up the offers and what is best for him in the long term.  Aish had a good relationship with Sam Mayes who signed last year so I am expecting he will stay but can not be certain until contract is signed,

Toga

Quote from: elephants on March 30, 2015, 12:37:19 PM
Why would he leave? I reckon the Lions are closer to building a premiership side than the Crows?

I wouldn't discount the possibility of him going to a Melbourne side either tbh... Will more than likely sign with the Lions or go home, but I think there's a chance...

JBs-Hawks

Get him to the Dees, Good to see Aish running around in red socks again!

Big Mac

strikes91

Liam Pickering is being his typical money hungry self

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on March 30, 2015, 12:37:19 PM

Ricochet

Hanley update

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-01/hip-hip-hooray

PEARCE Hanleyhas taken the first tentative steps towards his long rehabilitation from hip surgery.

The classy Brisbane Lions midfielder jumped on the AlterG (anti-gravity) treadmill on Monday to complete his first run since both hips were operated on eight weeks ago.

Hanley is not expected to see action until the second half of the season, but things could have been so much worse.

The 26-year-old was having a terrific pre-season and initially felt the pain in one hip in the lead-up to Christmas.

After the players' break, he returned to find the pain worse.

Once he got it checked out and decided to have the operation, what happened next shocked the Irishman.

"I didn't know what was wrong to be honest," Hanley told AFL.com.au.

"My back was pretty tight before Christmas, so I just thought my hips were out of whack and something that could be easily fixed.

"But once we got scanned, and to find out the severity of it, and that I had to get both hips done, it was a shock to the system.

"It wasn't that bad at the start, they said I was getting some bone shaved off and tidy up the cartilage and give it a clean-out.

nrich102

Christensen, Beams and Robbo will all play their first match in Lions colours this week, while Jaden McGrath will make his debut :D

GoLions

Wonder who won't make the squad with McGrath debuting though...could be one of Beams, Mayes, or Bewick perhaps? I'd prefer all of them over McGrath tbh

Ringo

Will probably depend on how tall Leppa wants to go.  McGrath is another small at only 180cm.  If leppa wants to go small maybe Staker that misses but if he wants to retain talls then maybe Beams (182), Bewick (184) or Mayes (187cm).  Will be vying for the Harwood spot imo. Mayes imo was the least impressive in the NAB cup so he may be the one.

Will await team with interest to see who gets the nod out of Lester or Paparone to take Patfulls position, how we setup with Rich of HB or wing,

At least the weather forecast is lookin a little better now with only showers forecast.

Ringo

Mayes has vest written over him looking at the teams named, So Close misses out as well as Staker.  We are really going small with only Berger and mcStay up front.  trust we do not regret it.

strikes91

I think it's important that Mayes starts. Our forward line could use him