Main Menu

Brisbane Discussion

Started by nrich102, April 05, 2013, 10:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

Would you play both Merrett and Goose in place of Clarke? Haven't watched a lot of Brisbane but I know Maguire and Sauce are both very good shut down defenders and Clarke still young and inexperienced.

nrich102

Best way to get Carke experienced is for him to play

strikes91

Clarke is going to be a very good defender. have to keep playing him. infact if mcguire was to come it i reckon patful should go out before clarke but voss will protect him even though he has been poor all year.

nrich102

Has Patful really been that bad?

strikes91

Quote from: nrich102 on July 01, 2013, 07:40:34 AM
Has Patful really been that bad?

imo yes. down on his performances from last few years

Mat0369

I missed the game against the Hawks and read that Rocky played mainly forward again. Is it all the coaching of Voss or could his quad still be bothering him a fraction meaning he can't spend extended amounts of time in the middle?

Ringo

Think you hit the nail on the head here matt Will be watching closelly to see if this is the case in future.  Quad injuriies are hard to diagnose for correction and this may be one that hs to be nursed a little but allows you to play.  Nothing official in the Lions medical reports though.

Regarding Clarke though he has to be played as often as possible as I see him being a key defender for Lions in in years to come. At the moment happy to see him as the 3rd defender in place of Maguire or Parful.

nrich102

There goes Patfuls title defence :P

Ringo

Do not think he is up there this year Rich down on last years form. Will be interesting to see how this years go. Hard to say at this stage. Reddan may be in front at the moment.

T Dog

Is Mayes on the fringe or an "always considered" list for selection when he is fit?

Ringo

The problem with Mayes is that he is basically a midfielder and that is where Brisbanes strength lies atm. He is a little on the short side to be a KPP but may be handy in the pocket but then has to compete with Zorko and Green.  He is only 19 so will get chances especially if Black retires this year. So atm he is on the fringe but will not always be the case.

Ringo

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2013-07-02/merrett-being-monitored

This may explain Docherty being subbed. Last paragraph of News item on Merrett.

"In other injury news, Sam Docherty looks set to miss 2-3 weeks after hurting his back during Sunday's match against Hawthorn. "

T Dog

Quote from: Ringo on July 02, 2013, 03:53:28 PM
The problem with Mayes is that he is basically a midfielder and that is where Brisbanes strength lies atm. He is a little on the short side to be a KPP but may be handy in the pocket but then has to compete with Zorko and Green.  He is only 19 so will get chances especially if Black retires this year. So atm he is on the fringe but will not always be the case.

Thanks Ringo

nrich102

Black leaves, Rocky plays in the mids, Mayes plays.

I think that'll be how it is.