2 trades a week every week????

Started by dmagnus, January 11, 2013, 09:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmagnus

Terrible decision by the powers that be!
No need to have any skill saving trades with potentially 46 trades.....

grange76

Just got the email from VS too.
Stupid!
DT JUST DIED AND WENT TO THE MASSES

grange76

Here is the details

AFL FANTASY coaches will be allowed to make two trades a week, every round this season.

The change gives coaches a maximum of 46 trades, up from 24 in 2012.

However, with trades still limited to two per round, they cannot be saved up for later use.

The increased number of trades is one of several changes to the AFL's official fantasy game.

The field structure has also been altered, with gameday squads now featuring six defenders, eight midfielders, two ruckmen and six forwards.

In previous seasons it has been seven-six-two-seven.

And coaches will also be allowed to set four emergencies each round, up from three in past seasons.

This gives teams the ability to cover for late changes on every line â€" backs, midfield, rucks and forwards â€" for the first time in the game's history.

By popular demand, the green dot has been reinstated, giving coaches an easy snapshot of the ins and outs for their team every Thursday night.

Unlike its major competitor, AFL Fantasy will not introduce a rolling lockout, with teams to be locked at the bounce of the first game of each round.

This allows coaches the freedom to set their team for the weekend without having to worry about checking back before every match for late changes.

It makes AFL Fantasy the game for those who want to have a life beyond fantasy football.

As has already be announced, there will be a change in scoring during the bye rounds, with only the 18 best scores across each coach's squad to count.

And AFL Fantasy will continue with the same, easy to understand scoring system, which makes it easier for coaches to follow the progress of their players during matches.

An announcement on new game formats will be made in the coming weeks.

bomberboy0618

So now both formats are dead. Brilliant.

BB67th

Well this is a complete load of crap. Now anyone can just get on an make a good team without any strategy at all. Both formats are dead now, so at leadt its a good
thing that we have the XVs competitions.

tbagrocks

Is it because they think they're losing out to SuperCoach? DT was better imo was my favored game, this is just silly!

Who does these things? The Government should bring in a law allowing us to shoot people that do these things

ossie85

Fletch74

What stupidity!!

Nothing left to be said.

tbagrocks

The only thing I don't like about ridding the rolling lockout is round one, stretches two weeks but from thursday the who thing will be locked, or willi it? I hope it stays open because that's just to hard otherwise, usually with long rounds it stays unlocked till the players play am I right?

AndyJ

They're trying to move the playerbase away from just the hardcore strategists towards the very casual player who usually burnt the hell outa their trades and never logged back in 1/2 way through the season.  *sigh*

Gone are the days of torturous decisions weather to hold injured/rested players, saving trades for finals & ummm almost all long term strategy at all...

If you dont use your 2 trades every week you've failed.

ossie85

Gone are the days of making sure you select a great team from the beginning. May as well randomly select and go from there, would be more challenging.

MTTY

As much as it will make it easier... i am not that upset with it.

It does have its advantages -

- Noobs/Non-Fantasy addicts will trade injured players out straight away, no matter the length of time the player is out. They also will not take into account price drops from the player they bring in, thus if they think they can trade out say Ablett for Swan, (with no extra cash) to trade Ablett back in next week, then Swan takes a price drop then they will not be able to.

- Noobs/Non-Fantasy addicts will trade rookies furiously before they have fully fattened into cash cows, for in form players instead of premiums (say Varcoe, instead of waiting on Johnson), only for that in form player to then start to loose value and the rookie to continue to rise

- Noobs/Non-Fantasy addicts will trade in the in form rookies, no matter how much their price has risen, which will result in less funds to upgrade

These are only a few of the mistakes i have seen my mates (who are not fantasy addicts) make over the previous few years, for them only to run out of trades very early. I can't see them changing the ways they trade even with two trades a week

Holz

The rolling lockout i was ok with, the 8 midfielder thing i wasnt a fan of but the 2 trades a week takes alot of the fun out of the comp.

As always I will keep playing but im not sure if i will switch more towards SC.

I have considered maybee running an elite dt comp here on this site where we go by the old rules 7 6 2 7 and 20 trades and see how that goes. If there is enough interest i will look into it.

m0nty

I daresay they'll retain rolling lockout for round 1.

RiOtChEsS

So its just coming down to our decisions which is what we want right? an LTI virtually doesnt matter now...