2 trades a week every week????

Started by dmagnus, January 11, 2013, 09:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Absolutely no need  to start a risky midpricer now, easy to grab a bolter like Ebert and Clancee early now, dare I say the pre round three trading could very well make or brake your season, right before the first price changes

No need to be chasing money either, everyone's going to have uber teams near finals anyway, we'll probably end up with spare cash in the farm house, Now I need to figure out a way to chase points!

Flame

Not happy with this new rule on trades..may have to check out supercoach!

MTTY

Quote from: Flame on January 11, 2013, 11:51:35 AM
Not happy with this new rule on trades..may have to check out supercoach!

Join us Flame..  ;D ;D ;D

Holz

something that needs to be seriosuly looked at is going for midpricers early and also trading out rookies well before they have finished going up in value.

Also you can esentially go chasing points now, going for forwards playing GC etc...

Windigo

GM

With the introduction of 2 trades per week what will be a winning strategy?
How will your initial team change?
Lets open it up for discussion.

Windigo

Still will be going with the team I've got without much change.

No risk with speculative picks anymore.  ::)

MTTY

buddyhell!

I understand the commercial realities of why they did it (increased traffic) but it sucks for us "serious" players. Wonder if we could get them to consider a DT Gold - 24 trades only, 2 trades max per week,  3 during MBR's, all 22 count during MBR's? They have that draft style game (unique players)as an option on the DT site - surely this version would be more popular and keep the diehards happy? Thoughts??

ps long time reader first time poster have appreciated everyones efforts over the years

jimmytigs

now any moron can win a league,i thought 30 was stupid so you know how i feel about 44,dt was always 2nd in importance to sc,now that is solidified,btw dont pat yourself to hard on the back for not going with rolling lockout,kudos for that good decision have well & truly been flowered by this shower decision

Ziplock

this is flowered.

I'm thinking sideways trading is the way to go.

Vincent

Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shower happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it.

timmyparso

Quote from: ossie85 on January 11, 2013, 11:16:15 AM

Gone are the days of making sure you select a great team from the beginning. May as well randomly select and go from there, would be more challenging.

You need more than 2 trades a week to fix a rubbish side, I learnt that last year. It will be more challenging to stay up top, 2 trades per week ust mean you need to tweak your strategy to stay in front of the pack

Holz

the cream always rise to the top, I will be spending up untill the season starts working out the best way to utulise these extra trades.

brandon_12

Quoted off a status AFL FANTASY facebook page :

A couple of new AFL Fantasy rules have been released. Two trades per week. No rolling lock-out!

Check them out at http://afl.to/VUeKvL

Then written in a comment on the status from afl fantasy : AFL Dream Team- If you hate it, perhaps the new DT Pro will be for you. Details to be released soon!