2 trades a week every week????

Started by dmagnus, January 11, 2013, 09:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Quote from: stew42 on January 11, 2013, 11:14:13 PM
Quote from: grange76 on January 11, 2013, 10:15:06 AM

It makes AFL Fantasy the game for those who want to have a life beyond fantasy football.

What if I don't want a life?!  >:(
Yeah I just wanna look at state, team line-ups and football games!

Hawks_1976

I won't change my stratgey from previous years.
Ill still pick a guns and rookies team, wait until cows have fattened and upgrade to premiums.
Howver during the weeks where I am not upgrading because my rooks have not ripened, I will be playing the stock market on premiums to make a little cash on the side. The trades are there so use them to full advantage.

Eg : premium X and premium Y are similar value. Premium X has a breakeven of 180, premium Y only 60. Trade premium X to premium Y. Both score 100 yet premium X drops 20k and premium Y increases 20k. Next week you get premium X back and make 40k in the process.

It won't work all the time and injuries could mean you get stuck with someone you sideways traded in. But the trades are there to utilise so take advantage where you can and eductaed risks should pay off more often than not. This is a ploy that I think would work at least six times during the year (12 trades required)

:)

DT Gun

i think now people will trade out premiums and lose money on rookies more often now...

2 trades a week,

So 2 downgrades

next week 1 upgrade and then what another downgrade?

Its only designed for people with LTI's to be able to get back on the horse

I wont be trading until its absolutely necessary..

nas

Quote from: DT Gun on January 16, 2013, 02:39:37 AM
i think now people will trade out premiums and lose money on rookies more often now...

2 trades a week,

So 2 downgrades

Couldn't agree more with this logic

tbagrocks

Quote from: naste on January 16, 2013, 10:37:05 AM
Quote from: DT Gun on January 16, 2013, 02:39:37 AM

2 trades a week,

So 2 downgrades

Couldn't agree more with this logic
If you are not looking for the best value especially before the byes EVERY week, you will fall behind ;)

ossie85

No harm in trading twice a week, so why wouldn't you?

mezzoculo

I plan to use my two trades per week - as ossie said, why wouldn't you - but NOT at the expense of cashing in rookie, trading in a bubbleboy or upgrading to a premium.

SydneyRox

It will all be about building your team value. So if you can find a way to trade out a player with a high BE for a player with a low BE without compromising your scoring then it will build your overall team value. Which should allow you to get to a premium team faster.

essendon2

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 16, 2013, 02:02:56 PM
It will all be about building your team value. So if you can find a way to trade out a player with a high BE for a player with a low BE without compromising your scoring then it will build your overall team value. Which should allow you to get to a premium team faster.
With saying that.. I'm never going to trade out Swan, Ablett, Goddard, Pendles or Gibbs no matter what their BE is, because I don't want to sacrifice their scoring or risk never getting them back in!

Hawks_1976

I think most of us are agreeable around utlising trades to increase team value.
There will be times where rookies haven't matured and we are not upgrading so play the breakevens as Sydneyrox says.
But I also agree with essendon2, never sideways trade super premiums.

:)