2 trades a week every week????

Started by dmagnus, January 11, 2013, 09:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: brandon_12 on January 11, 2013, 03:50:13 PM
Quoted off a status AFL FANTASY facebook page :

A couple of new AFL Fantasy rules have been released. Two trades per week. No rolling lock-out!

Check them out at http://afl.to/VUeKvL

Then written in a comment on the status from afl fantasy : AFL Dream Team- If you hate it, perhaps the new DT Pro will be for you. Details to be released soon!

they should pump up the price of that, it will be very popualr im consedring paying for it

GM

Quote from: Holzman on January 11, 2013, 04:21:05 PM
Quote from: brandon_12 on January 11, 2013, 03:50:13 PM
Quoted off a status AFL FANTASY facebook page :

A couple of new AFL Fantasy rules have been released. Two trades per week. No rolling lock-out!

Check them out at http://afl.to/VUeKvL

Then written in a comment on the status from afl fantasy : AFL Dream Team- If you hate it, perhaps the new DT Pro will be for you. Details to be released soon!
[/quote

they should pump up the price of that, it will be very popualr im consedring paying for it
They are saying it might be free now Holzy

Mr.Craig

Okay, I think some of you boys need to take a deep breath. Yes, saving your trades was part of a good strategy in the past but it was well down the list compared to who you pick initially, who you trade, picking the right moment to trade and who you field.

If you are a top coach then the game just got more challenging. You need to be so much more strategic and wiley to get an edge on the competition. The skill hasn't been taken out of the game - it's been ramped up and the cream will continue to rise to the top.

Holz

Quote from: Mr.Craig on January 11, 2013, 04:35:41 PM
Okay, I think some of you boys need to take a deep breath. Yes, saving your trades was part of a good strategy in the past but it was well down the list compared to who you pick initially, who you trade, picking the right moment to trade and who you field.

If you are a top coach then the game just got more challenging. You need to be so much more strategic and wiley to get an edge on the competition. The skill hasn't been taken out of the game - it's been ramped up and the cream will continue to rise to the top.

im starting to think that now. if we had rolling lockout and these rules than the aommount of strategy would be crazy.

Im liking the changes now.

Ziplock

*sideways trade until you win*  !

Capper

as i posted in another thread, the 2 trades per week could potentially become a great money making idea, better than Sarah Palin's "Print more money" policy.

Before round 3 has started look at you prems and trade to 2 players that are likely to drop the most in price and replace them with players that will make the most money. You could do this the entire year as you now have 2 trades to do with what you want. This will give an advantage to those who have DT pro as all the stats will be there for them to study. For people that dont have DT pro, they can use m0nty's rollercoaster and bubble boys section.

Holz

Quote from: tabs on January 11, 2013, 05:14:42 PM
as i posted in another thread, the 2 trades per week could potentially become a great money making idea, better than Sarah Palin's "Print more money" policy.

Before round 3 has started look at you prems and trade to 2 players that are likely to drop the most in price and replace them with players that will make the most money. You could do this the entire year as you now have 2 trades to do with what you want. This will give an advantage to those who have DT pro as all the stats will be there for them to study. For people that dont have DT pro, they can use m0nty's rollercoaster and bubble boys section.

the issue you need to weigh up than becomes points v money (potential points)

also if your too sneaky and do stuff like this than injuries hits you may find yourself short of trades to fix up the team.

Mr.Craig

Don't forget the Freako too. :)

I'm sure there'll be plenty of speculative trading going on. We'll still need to manage our rookies and deal with the inevitable wave of injuries aswell so it'll be a balancing act.

timmyparso

Quote from: Holzman on January 11, 2013, 05:18:31 PM

also if your too sneaky and do stuff like this than injuries hits you may find yourself short of trades to fix up the team.

If it is a mid priced bolter scoring like a premium then you won't lose many points at all. Dangerous game to play as you won't come out in front all the time.

Holz

Quote from: timmyparso on January 11, 2013, 05:23:32 PM

If it is a mid priced bolter scoring like a premium then you won't lose many points at all. Dangerous game to play as you won't come out in front all the time.

it all depedns on the bolter if they keep it up. Of course if they are scoring like a premium its good but remember cornes from last year

Zip might remember that ;)

essendon2

+1

Scrads

People are going to make a mistake if they start the season with like 10 speculative picks because they have good early draws or are a looming breakout or whatever because when 4 of those go wrong, people will quickly realise 2 trades per week won't be able to help them.

I still don't think we can underestimate the old-fashioned reliable, durable 'set-and-forget's

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on January 11, 2013, 07:45:41 PM
People are going to make a mistake if they start the season with like 10 speculative picks because they have good early draws or are a looming breakout or whatever because when 4 of those go wrong, people will quickly realise 2 trades per week won't be able to help them.

I still don't think we can underestimate the old-fashioned reliable, durable 'set-and-forget's

Agreed I'm taking 2 punts hartlett and rioli

Windigo

Quote from: Scrads on January 11, 2013, 07:45:41 PM

Since I've heard the news about unlimited trades I haven't changed my team at all. I don't think I'll be adopting any strategy either. I'm not even gunna look at my team until Feb 1st because who knows, there could be more un-forseen changes to the system.  ::)

stew42

Quote from: grange76 on January 11, 2013, 10:15:06 AM

It makes AFL Fantasy the game for those who want to have a life beyond fantasy football.

What if I don't want a life?!  >:(