AXVs: Official Discussion Thread

Started by Colliwobblers, August 23, 2012, 01:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

Quote from: BB67th on February 17, 2014, 07:03:35 PM
Does anyone recall who designed the banners for each team that are up on the Rulebook thread? They really could use some updating with a few coaching changes this pre-season.

Yeah it was me, I'll get onto that soon.

BB67th

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 17, 2014, 07:53:15 PM
   Hey guys quick question, (not to cause panic). 
        Does anyone know for sure if CB and SB will be running this year?  Im sure they will, but wouldnt they be open by now? Or atleast mention on the sites when its opening?

Quote from: auscoyote on February 11, 2014, 02:59:27 PM
Just spoke to Sportsbet and their comp should be up and running next week 8)

About bloody time though!

Looks like they should be opening this week.

And cheers Ada. Take your time mate, no rush for it to be done soon.

upthemaidens

Thanks BB   yeah I thought its normally mid-Feb,  just no mention of it on CB seemed alittle odd

Nails

Quote from: Nails on May 16, 2013, 07:27:44 PM
Quote from: Nails on May 16, 2013, 07:15:52 PM
Quote from: RidleyU on February 04, 2013, 11:12:43 PM
Quote from: Nails on February 04, 2013, 11:06:28 PM
Was no hostility until tbag and lez came in. Was just asking where he came from...

Seeing as it's odd for a bloke to be "senior assistant" within 2 weeks of joining FF when there's heaps on the outer who are keen.

You say Goldy = never again, however with HMAC gone = great for goldy. You also wrote off a 24yo ruck who is obviously still developing and not even near his prime. Putting a ruckman into a "never ever" list who is
A) Still Developing
B) Had a big opposition player for TOG traded away
C) Has proven premium scoring ability in seasons past

Reeks of anything but knowledge.

Firstly, you need to know that I am very well known outside of fanfooty and that this isnt the only forum for DT  ;)

Now on to Goldy.
The Kangaroos have changed their game style. They now play a run and handball style out of the back line. This wasn't the case in 2011. HMac leaving does not mean a thing due to the fact they recruited Currie and elevated Daw off the rookie list. Plus the fact HMac was injured for the majority of 2012 anyways. Goldstein's top score was 140 against a Brisbane combo of Longer and Merrett. This inflates his average but it is true that you can only play the opposition every week. The new ruck rule is also a huge worry for Goldstein who scores 35% of his DT points by hit-outs. I can see wuite a few extra FA in 2013 for him with these new rules.

The articles I write are for entertainment. As I have always said, if people don't agree with them then fair enough.

RidleyU, you are a flowering spud.

Writing an article telling people to "never get this guy." Only for him to be one of the steals of the season.

Hope you guys aren't taking his advice this season.

nostradamus

Quote from: Nails on February 18, 2014, 12:01:52 AM
Was no hostility until tbag and lez came in. Was just asking where he came from...

Seeing as it's odd for a bloke to be "senior assistant" within 2 weeks of joining FF when there's heaps on the outer who are keen.

You say Goldy = never again, however with HMAC gone = great for goldy. You also wrote off a 24yo ruck who is obviously still developing and not even near his prime. Putting a ruckman into a "never ever" list who is
A) Still Developing

Firstly, you need to know that I am very well known outside of fanfooty and that this isnt the only forum for DT  ;)

Now on to Goldy.
The Kangaroos have changed their game style. They now play a run and handball style out of the back line. This wasn't the case in 2011. HMac leaving does not mean a thing due to the fact they recruited Currie and elevated Daw off the rookie list. Plus the fact HMac was injured for the majority of 2012 anyways. Goldstein's top score was 140 against a Brisbane combo of Longer and Merrett. This inflates his average but it is true that you can only play the opposition every week. The new ruck rule is also a huge worry for Goldstein who scores 35% of his DT points by hit-outs. I can see wuite a few extra FA in 2013 for him with these new rules.

The articles I write are for entertainment. As I have always said, if people don't agree with them then fair enough.

Writing an article telling people to "never get this guy." Only for him to be one of the steals of the season.

l don't get why you've got such an axe to grind with Rids

GM

Quote from: nostradamus on February 18, 2014, 12:59:06 AM
Quote from: Nails on February 18, 2014, 12:01:52 AM

A) Still Developing

Now on to Goldy.

l don't get why you've got such an axe to grind with Rids
I dont understand either Nails.
You might disagree with his columns but there is no need to rip into him.
He has cred , do you?

Justin Bieber

Yeah I didn't like how he was bagging my boy Goldy. Proofed him wrong >:D

KoopKicka

Justin Bieber

RidleyU

Not sure what this is all about but obviously trolls will be trolls.

Out of interest Nails, can you post an article you have ever written here so I can give a critique? Seems only fair considering I have never read one of yours but it appears you have read mine.

Nails

to be honest I wasn't hostile to you at all until the other spuds joined in, but that's another disagreement for another day.

You'll find my articles are short, succinct and 100% accurate.

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,88543.0.html

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,89908.0.html

BB67th

Let's not have this argument here boys. Take it somewhere else please.

Nails

@BB

I think the argument is already over to be honest. I just wanted to bring up how gun Goldy is and remind Ridley he missed the boat :(

It all started with me friendly questioning him then two girls jumped in made me angry rids got defensive and the world collapsed.

Regardless, I know I'm not a troll. Unless a troll is someone who disagrees with Rids... lol Anyway, the argument is over so you won't need to worry about any follow up posts.

nostradamus

Quote from: Nails on February 19, 2014, 05:24:34 PM
to be honest I wasn't hostile to you at all until the other spuds joined in, but that's another disagreement for another day.

easily the 2 most intelligent posts l've seen you make  :-X

RidleyU

Quote from: Nails on February 19, 2014, 05:24:34 PM

They arent articles, they are forum topics lol.

Why become hostile with me? I dont even know you. Pretty poor form really. Abusing someone who still had enough respect not to engage to try and show respect to what this topic is all about. AXV comp.

Feel free to write an actual article and send it to me and I will publish on the website I run. Until then pull your head in.