AXVs: Official Trades

Started by Colliwobblers, September 18, 2012, 10:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Quote from: RidleyU on February 04, 2013, 11:03:06 PM
Quote from: Nails on February 04, 2013, 10:32:48 PM
A man is only as good as his roots.

OK. Since you asked.

I have been playing DT for over a decade. Started when it was with The Age. I started on fan footy quite a few years ago. Then went to DTT. And now I am an admin for www.afldreamers.com as well as the facebook group that has over 300 members including Adamant and Koops.

I have had a top finish of 27th. 3 top 100 finishes over the years. Finshed top 64 in the eliminator in 2011. Had a overall high ranking of 16th in 2012. Weekly high of 14th.

What about yourself?

Finished 2nd overall in 2008.

Jroo

Quote from: Nails on February 04, 2013, 11:10:02 PM

OK. Since you asked.

I have been playing DT for over a decade. Started when it was with The Age. I started on fan footy quite a few years ago. Then went to DTT. And now I am an admin for www.afldreamers.com as well as the facebook group that has over 300 members including Adamant and Koops.

I have had a top finish of 27th. 3 top 100 finishes over the years. Finshed top 64 in the eliminator in 2011. Had a overall high ranking of 16th in 2012. Weekly high of 14th.

What about yourself?

Lol really  :o :o

RidleyU

Quote from: Nails on February 04, 2013, 11:06:28 PM
Was no hostility until tbag and lez came in. Was just asking where he came from...

Seeing as it's odd for a bloke to be "senior assistant" within 2 weeks of joining FF when there's heaps on the outer who are keen.

You say Goldy = never again, however with HMAC gone = great for goldy. You also wrote off a 24yo ruck who is obviously still developing and not even near his prime. Putting a ruckman into a "never ever" list who is
A) Still Developing
B) Had a big opposition player for TOG traded away
C) Has proven premium scoring ability in seasons past

Reeks of anything but knowledge.

Firstly, you need to know that I am very well known outside of fanfooty and that this isnt the only forum for DT  ;)

Now on to Goldy.
The Kangaroos have changed their game style. They now play a run and handball style out of the back line. This wasn't the case in 2011. HMac leaving does not mean a thing due to the fact they recruited Currie and elevated Daw off the rookie list. Plus the fact HMac was injured for the majority of 2012 anyways. Goldstein's top score was 140 against a Brisbane combo of Longer and Merrett. This inflates his average but it is true that you can only play the opposition every week. The new ruck rule is also a huge worry for Goldstein who scores 35% of his DT points by hit-outs. I can see wuite a few extra FA in 2013 for him with these new rules.

The articles I write are for entertainment. As I have always said, if people don't agree with them then fair enough.

Justin Bieber

Adamant

Hmm, that's hard to believe when you're starting Brock McLean in your midfield this year. :o

Nails

RE: being well known blah blah blah

I used to be the only (non warnie/roy/vin) admin on DTTalk's chat...

Being well known doesn't make you good. I was simply asking where you hail from, no need to get your knickers in a knot. Found it odd someone would give you assistant coach so quickly.

At least this means I'll enjoy thrashing the crabs even more. We'll destroy the crabs.

Quote from: Adamant on February 04, 2013, 11:14:43 PM

Hmm, that's hard to believe when you're starting Brock McLean in your midfield this year. :o

117 average in his last 7 games. He's a gun.

RidleyU

OK. Since you asked.

What about yourself?

You have made me laugh at least  ;D

Adamant

Quote from: Nails on February 04, 2013, 11:16:02 PM

What about the first 15 games?

Colliwobblers

draft thread, time to take the discussion to the discussion thread if in fact it is at all AXVS relevant?

passions run high as we approach the season, no hard feelings i am sure? i disagree vehemently with much that is written on this forum and the others i frequent and i have significant levels of hate for significant amounts of players (fantasy hate that is)

but lets not get personal or attack each other directly too much, there is a line and we are fast approaching it here i feel.....

Justin Bieber

Yeah Nails didn't come 2nd... ::) lol.

Nails

Quote from: Adamant on February 04, 2013, 11:17:37 PM

What about the first 15 games?

Ever heard of a breakout? McLean had his. He's priced at a 100 average. Averaged like 103 without his sub games. And with the breakout should easily average higher. I also called his breakout last season in the thread that was mocking him. Everyone mocked me for it, he did go on to average over 100 after I said it however.

RidleyU

Being well known doesn't make you good. I was simply asking where you hail from, no need to get your knickers in a knot. Found it odd someone would give you assistant coach so quickly.

At least this means I'll enjoy thrashing the crabs even more. We'll destroy the crabs.

I was chatting to Warnie last night. What is your name? I will tell him you said hi.

Nails

Quote from: RidleyU on February 04, 2013, 11:20:53 PM

I was chatting to Warnie last night. What is your name? I will tell him you said hi.

Probably won't remember me, it was a while ago ;)

My name is on the left... unless you're too blind to read it.

Nails

Oh Adam, while you're here... give me one of your backmen that average 100+

Mmmmk?

We might be rivals, but we can trade this once ;)

RidleyU

Quote from: Nails on February 04, 2013, 11:24:01 PM
Quote from: RidleyU on February 04, 2013, 11:20:53 PM

Probably won't remember me, it was a while ago ;)

My name is on the left... unless you're too blind to read it.

He is actually part of the facebook group I run.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AFLDreamers/

Feel free to join up and say g'day.

Sorry Colli - didn't wanted to detour this thread. Love this comp idea. Been fun so far wheeling and dealing.

Beware the Crabs in 2015  8)