AXV: Sri Lankan Strikers

Started by Jay, August 15, 2012, 09:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

Very nice trading so far, Jay. I expect the Strikers to be in top 4 calculations next year for sure.

You should post your Best XV underneath your team list. :P

Jay

Quote from: Adamant on September 12, 2013, 08:08:59 PM
Very nice trading so far, Jay. I expect the Strikers to be in top 4 calculations next year for sure.

Cheers mate, I think the premiership window is open starting from 2014 8)

Done that now mate, just for you <3

Adamant

Quote from: Jayman on September 12, 2013, 08:26:40 PM

Nice mate, squad is still fairly young too. Gonna be quite a force for a while I reckon.

Jay

Quote from: Adamant on September 12, 2013, 08:34:56 PM
Quote from: Jayman on September 12, 2013, 08:26:40 PM

Nice mate, squad is still fairly young too. Gonna be quite a force for a while I reckon.
Depends if big Sauce Jacobs lifts this season, the rucks could be my weak link if he continues his spuddy form...

Vinny

I reckon Sauce will bounce back. Will average at least 95 I think. :)

Jay

Quote from: vinny on September 12, 2013, 08:47:40 PM
I reckon Sauce will bounce back. Will average at least 95 I think. :)
flowering hope so! Mids, fwds and backs I'm relatively happy with atm though.

Capper

So everyone you got rid of last year you are getting back this year??

Jay

Have updated the team list to reflect our delistings and recent trades. We are stoked with the list we have at the moment and are excited to use pick 9 in the draft to grab another gun!

Jay

THE OFF-SEASON SO FAR

We have traded out: Steele Sidebottom + Mitch Clark + Jamie Elliot + Sam Gibson + Cam Guthrie + NAT pick #41 + ROOK pick #25

We have traded in: Rory Sloane + Callan Ward + Dan Jackson + Andrew Mackie + Matt de Boer + Ben Mcglynn + NAT pick #28 + NAT pick #59 + ROOK pick #40

The following players have been delisted: James Sellar, Aaron Davey, Peter Faulks, Sean Gregory, Jon Ceglar, Kepler Bradley

This leaves us with the following projected XV for the 2014 season:
DEF: Matt Suckling / Scott D. Thompson / Kade Simpson / Andrew Mackie
MID: Kieren Jack / Rory Sloane / Callan Ward / Dan Jackson
RUC: Sam Jacobs
FWD: Josh J. Kennedy / Dale Thomas / Michael Walters / Justin Westhoff
UTL: Reece Conca / Matt De Boer

In the upcoming NAT draft, we have picks: 9, 25, 28, 57, 59, 73, 89
In the upcoming ROOK draft, we have picks: 9, 40, 41, 57, 73, 89

How would you rate our off-season?

Toga

Nice idea Jay, might have to do one after the trade period concludes ;)

I really like your movements, your mids are looking fairly gun now! Definite top 4 contender 8)

upthemaidens

With only two of the Starting XV over 27yo, and a core of young premiums....
                                                                             ..The future's so bright we have to wear shades  8)

Crippled by injuries in 2013, the 'Strikers' will be in the hunt for a flag in 2014 and beyond.  ;)

upthemaidens

Quote from: upthemaidens on October 28, 2013, 05:13:05 PM
   With only two of the Starting XV over 27yo, and a core of young premiums....
                                                                             ..The future's so bright we have to wear shades  8)

Crippled by injuries in 2013, the 'Strikers' will be in the hunt for a flag in 2014 and beyond.  ;)
May as well copy and paste last years post, just change 2013 to 2014.  Everything else holds true. 

Crippled by injuries ever more so in 2014, playing the Prelim. final with over half the squad not available for selection.  :'(

upthemaidens

Fell just short again in 2015.  The Strikers will be looking for flag glory in 2016.

The squad for the upcoming season.

Sri Lanka Strikers

Def: K Simpson (Carl), M Suckling (WB), A Mackie (Geel), M Paparone (Bris), J Johannisen (WB), C Hampton (Adel), B Sheppard (WC), SD Thompson (NM), H Grundy (Syd), A Johnson (Syd)

Mid: C Ward (GWS), R Sloane (Adel), K Jack (Syd), M Bontempelli (WB), B Vince (Melb), S Selwood (Geel), M Rischitelli (GC), T Scully (GWS), E Curnow (Carl), B Acres (StK), J Tutt (Carl), V Michie (Melb), K Mutimer (WC)

Ruck: S Jacobs (Adel), C Sinclair (Syd), S Lycett (WC), D Simpson (GWS)

Fwd: J Westhoff (Port), M Walters (Freo), B McGlynn (Syd), D Pearce (Freo), J Waite (NM), A Everitt (Carl), D Thomas (Carl), W Hoskin-Elliott (GWS), M de Boer (Freo), J Blair (Coll), R Palmer (GWS), N Hrovat (WB), K Langford (Ess)

Rookie List: A Aliir (Syd), T Barrass (WC), B Evans (Bris), C Gregson (Geel), D Mountford (NM), T Leonardis (Syd)

Ins:  Rischitelli, Waite, Pearce, Curnow, Blair, D.Simpson, Michie, Gregson, Mountford, Leonardis, Mutimer
Outs:  Conca, Stewert, D.Stanley, Lamb, Shenton, Paine, Podsiadly(Ret), R.Shaw(Ret), J.Kelly(Del), Darley(Del), Golby(Del)

Jay

2016 is the year of the Strikers 8)

Ricochet

Quote from: Jayman on December 14, 2015, 02:10:31 PM
2016 is the year of the Strikers 8)
That's a funny way of spelling "Crocs" Jay